TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 01, 2014 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oooohhh sounds yummy!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For some reason Joan Crawford and Beserk leapt to mind.(which I know was a circus)

Looking forward to it!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You know what I think is funny? A lot of people think "carnival freak shows' were way back in the 1950's or earlier. That they weren't part of our lifetime unless you are 90 or older.

Well I can tell you carnival freak shows were alive and well in the 1970's.

I'm in my 40s and I can remember my Granny giving me money to go the traveling carnival that showed up every year in the parking lot across he street of the Maywood Park Racetrack. It's a famous harness racing track in Maywood, Illinois.

They had every cliché. The fat lady, the lizard man, and every oddity in a jar you can think of. I even got to be part of the live show when I took a thick needle and pushed it into a man's arm, and then pulled it out. I wish I had a video because it was truly part of a days gone by of the traveling circus freak show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I remember them also :-) I was young so early 70s for me. I just cant remember if I saw them in CA or on our road trips to MO. I think I remember on the roadtrips we would see billboards that said aligator man in 5 miles or something like that LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just this minute (and I swear just this minute!) I remembered the stage name of the guy in the freak show in the 1970s that chose me as a child from the audience to push and pull a needle from his arm during the live show. He called himself "The Human Pin Cushion"!

I have been thinking on that since I made my first post about it above, and it's funny how it finally came to me. It's like a giant file cabinet in my head that I had to sort through....LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, July 11, 2014 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
American Horror Story First Look Photo: Sarah Paulson's Freak-y New Character(s) Unmasked

By Michael Ausiello / June 12 2014, 1:00 PM PDT

http://tvline.com/2014/06/12/american-horror-story-freak-show-photo-sarah-paulson-conjoined-twins/

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, July 11, 2014 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm ready for a new season of American Horror Story!!

Sanfran, thanks for sharing the link.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This season's premiere was...Dare I say it?...freakishly delicious!

And "Pepper" from AHS-Asylum is back...playing a similar role as she did in season 2! She was one of my favorite characters in season 2. The clown totally creeps me out (no, I don't have a fear of clowns) and Jessica Lange is as wonderful as ever.

Great to see Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates all back...this one ought to be a hoot...can't wait for episode 2 already.

I noticed on imdb.com that they have the first 8 (of 13) episodes listed with air fates, but the last 5 do not. I SO hope that doesn't mean they're taking a hiatus between episode 8 and the rest of the season like so many shows are doing these days...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1844624/episodes?season=4&ref_=tt_eps_sn_4

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The premiere was wild! I loved it.

One part that had me cracking up was that Elsa was singing "Life on Mars" in a baby blue suit and with drastic blue eye shadow, just like David Bowie did in his video----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--IqqusnNQ

Justfun

11-08-2005

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justfun a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I'll ever get used to that clown! I wasn't particularly fond of them before but now......forget about it. + + = AHS clown (for those of you watching, hopefully you get what I'm going for)! Did anyone else see the big reveal with the clown tonight? And what's the deal with Dandy, is it?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, Twisty the Clown is the creepiest thing I've seen in a LOOOOONG time! Pairing up Twisty and Dandy as partners in crime is an amazing turn of events. Of course, I get the feeling that Dandy has bitten off a little more than he can chew. I'm already wondering if something will happen to him that turns him into a sideshow exhibit before it's over with..

Yes, when Twisty's clown mask slipped, we saw what he's been hiding. Yikes! (I doubt he'll ever book a toothpaste commercial.)

Twisty is so creepy I had to look him up to see who was playing him (and to find out that his character name is "Twisty"). It's John Carroll Lynch! I've enjoyed his work for years but I have never seen him in a role like this. He is doing an excellent job of creeping me out. LINK to imdb.com

Btw, Jyoti Amge, who plays the character "Ma Petite" is actually the world's shortest woman. She's 19 years old and weighs 12 lbs. To be honest, when I first saw her on AHS I thought she might be a cgi special effect...but she also looked familiar so I looked her up.

Meet The World’s Shortest Woman: 19-Year-Old Jyoti Amge Is Under 25 Inches Tall (PHOTOS)

http://www.thetrentonline.com/meet-worlds-shortest-woman-19-year-old-jyoti-amge-25-inches-tall-photos-6/

I was also surprised to see Patti Labelle playing Dandy and his mother's maid. The casting in this show is excellent....it must be an actor's dream to get on a show like this.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love the name Twisty!

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I do, too! I also think Ma Petite is adorable! love her!

OmG I started laughing when the Strong Man asked Ethel how her soup catcher was and if she's coloring it, he won't tell! Are people having a soft spot for the freaks?

ETA: it was from Entertainment Weekly. There is a new article for this week's episode as well.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/09/ahs-freak-show-premiere-ryan-murphy/

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Episode 2 - Entertainment Weekly with Ryan Murphy

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/16/ahs-freak-show-exclusive-ryan-murphy-episode-two/

Luvstarzz35

08-21-2008

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvstarzz35 a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, Twisty...Dandy...I am gonna have to rewatch....preferably not after I have worked a double...

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think it is going to be the other way around, and Twisty will get more than he bargains for with Dandy.

Freakishly delicious describes it perfectly! Lol sanfran you can turn a phrase you had me laughing with the toothpaste commercial post.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree I think Dandy will be serial killer but Twisty will be blamed.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Elsa should be speaking with a German accent but she is speaking with a French accent.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
RIP Twisty! I can't believe they killed him off!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me either he was my fav.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Dandy will just take Twisty's place...he has the creepy mask now and he wore it when he murdered Patti LaBelle!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I found an excellent interview with Ryan Murphy who talks about how we are just learning that all the different seasons of American Horror Story are connected!

The article is a bit spoilerish, but it should be okay to mention who shows up as a guest star in an upcoming episode...but just in case someone here doesn't want to know, I'll put it in a spoiler box:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Matt Bomer will guest star and Lily Rabe reprises her role of Sister Eunice from season 2, AHS-Asylum!

Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'

[I hate spoilers for most shows, but I was okay with this article...it didn't give away enough to upset me....even though it does reveal an upcoming storyline.]

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/31/ryan-murphy-american-horror-story-connected/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Can someone tell me the man with the flippers and tattoos of his back story ? I missed it when he was telling the grim reaper guy.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I am sure Dandy will take his place but I still want Twisty! lol I actually felt sorry for him

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Twisty's demise is mentioned in the article I posted....