TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 27, 2014 users admin

Missy2

07-31-2001

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Is this the final season of walking dead?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I don't think so... I think I read a while ago that it has been picked up for several more seasons.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I just checked online... The Walking Dead has been renewed for Season 6.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It must never end!!

Missy2

07-31-2001

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
thanks!!! someone gave me FALSE information!!! evil-doer.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks!

06-29-2002

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
A separate thread has been set up for comic book discussions, since they may contain spoilers for the TV show.

Please be sure to keep your book discussions in that thread as a courtesy to your fellow posters.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Sorry mods.... I didn't think that character was a spoiler being the creators of show mentioned him on talking dead. Oops 😁

06-29-2002

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
It's okay, it's a little confusing because they don't necessarily have the same plots, so just to be safe, it's best to keep all that discussion elsewhere.

Thanks!

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Shish KeBob :-)

I love Talking Dead.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So who is Daryl with?! Weird. It can't be Carol because there's no need for the secrecy, if he was with Beth he'd just bring her in (plus they haven't shown us her story, so it's too early for Beth to be saved) so who is it? Slash on TD said it might be Morgan... when they last met Morgan in that town I'm not sure who was there, I think it might have been just Rick, Carl and Michonne, so I don't know if Daryl would trust him. Curious.

I can't believe Maggie would have left the group when Daryl told her only the other day that Beth was alive.

Glenn has really been in the background so far this season. It was also weird that he went.

RIP Bob :-(.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We still didn't find out if eating tainted meat will turn you. They killed everyone before we could find out.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I know! I kind of think the eaters were ok, it was cooked and digested in the stomach, but maybe the butcher could have been at risk of infection if they got the blood in a wound. (And even then I think blood in wounds is okay because it must happen to them so much.)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Don't we know that they are all already infected?

It still confuses me, they are all infected, so they will ALL turn when they die, no matter what the cause.

But if they get bitten, they die and turn right away?

Is that right?

So, if they are all already infected, I'm not sure eating infected humans matters?

???

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There are two different viruses. They are all infected with the virus that will turn them into a walker when they die, whatever the mechanism is of their death. There is a second virus (or is it bacteria?) that the walkers carry, that is completely untreatable, and will lead to death once you are infected.

If you are bitten badly or in a major blood vessel area you're going to get lots or the virus in your blood and it will multiply quickly and kill you quickly.

If you are bitten in a less damaging area the virus will multiply and you will eventually die, but it'll take a day or two, like catching any other really bad virus.

So they were basically speculating whether if you cook and eat someone who is in the early stages of ebola, do you get ebola, or does your stomach acid just break down the virus?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
The Terminus people seemed so sure they were going to get Carl and the baby! Such creeps--and yet when they were caught and facing Rick, they were trying to justify their actions and get Rick to let them go!! Pretty brutal the way they were dealt with, but not unexpected.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Gareth is/was mad, and the others thought well at least he kept them safe, bit like with the Governor really. Brutal but two days ago four of them were tied to a trough waiting to be bashed and bled, so I can understand them not showing much mercy.

I had a look at the timeline. Because I like the timeline. My guess is Daryl's back with Beth, and next episode will be a flashback episode, where we see Beth's story. She was taken by the car with the cross on it on Season 4 Day 8. We're now (still) on the night of Season 5 Day 4, which is equivalent to S4 Day 15... i.e. Beth was taken seven days ago, so there should be plenty of story to tell.

I think if he is with Beth then Carol's been captured by whoever those hospital people are who had/have Beth, and next job will be to go and rescue her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt - still not quite sure about the 2 virus thing - I've never heard that explanation before.

***** RE: Gareth

Rick has promised Gareth he was going to kill him with his machete with the red handle.

That's exactly what he did.

I think it may have been lost in the dialog because it was subtle, but when Gareth was trying to bargain with Rick (you'll never come across us again), Rick says "and who else will you come across."

They had to kill them, not only for themselves, but for anyone else that Gareth and crew might run into.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So I was looking around for other explanations, this one makes more sense to me:

Everyone has the virus, but it is dormant in your brain until you die, at which point it becomes active.

People who get bitten die because of all the bacteria and other crap carried in the bite. That kills them, and then the dormant brain virus activates.

Or perhaps when they are bitten, the activated virus spreads through their blood stream and kills them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The way I described (which is the same as your two middle paragraphs except to emphasise that the bacteria and crap in the bite is lethal, there is no known cure) is how Jenner said it worked when they were in CDC in season one. I don't think they've had any other scientific info about it since then.

If they ever get to DC they might find that a cure for the bite-death virus or the walker virus has been found. That would be a way to end the series. Which of course they're not allowed to do.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, the comment "two *different* viruses" confused me. To me, it's either the same virus, dormant and not dormant.

Or the virus that kills them has nothing to do with the zombie virus. Just that the zombies are hosts to all kinds of lethal bacteria (not just viruses).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I see what you're getting at. I'm pretty sure though they said they were two different viruses. I might see if I can find video of the original bit the CDC guy said, but it will probably take a while.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kitt, your timeline rocks! I forget that these last seasons really happen over a few week time span crazy!

How is Daryl telling to come out of the bushes?? My guess is Morgan. Im hoping Carol didnt decide to leave the group.

Previews make it seem like Beth is in a pristine hospital setting. Good place for our gang to go hang out :-)

I knew Mishone would get her sword back :-)

this ep was so intense loved it!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No worries, Kitt... it's not that important, I was just confused. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pamy! The more I think about it the more I think it's Beth. If it were Carol it would be simple, if it was a bad guy I don't think he'd do it at all, plus Daryl had a gentle voice. Either Beth or a child.

I replayed the CDC scene but the main part, where he shows them the video of the test subject's brain, doesn't explain everything. Either bits were said at other times or we all just filled in the gaps with our own ideas.

Firstly he asks if any of them are infected, they say one of our team was bitten and infected earlier but they are not. Jenner says they have to submit to "a blood test" but he doesn't say exactly what it's for. You'd think it was to check for the walker bite part but he didn't actually say.

Then the video:

quote:

Jenner: (to Vi (the computer)) Scan to first event

Jenner: (to group) It invades the brain like meningitis. The adrenal glands hemorrhage, the brain goes into shut down and then the major organs. Then death.

Jenner: (to Vi) Second event

Jenner: (to group) Resurrection times vary wildly, we have reports of it happening in as little as 3 minutes, the longest we heard of was 8 hours, in the case of this patient it was 2 hours 1 minute 7 seconds

Lori: It restarts the brain?

Jenner: No just the brain stem, basically it gets them up and moving

Rick: But they’re not alive?

Jenner: You tell me?

Rick: It’s nothing like before, most of that brain is dark

Jenner: Dark, lifeless dead, the frontal lobes, the neocortex, the human part, that doesn’t come back. The 'you' part. Just a shell driven by mindless instinct.

Andrea: You have no idea what it is do you?

Jenner: It could be microbial, viral, parasitic, fungal

Jacqui: the wrath of god

Jenner: There is that.

Rick: Somebody must know… (etc.)

Jenner: No one… (etc.)

So he talks about it as if it's one process with two parts, but then he tested them all when they came in, as if there was a possibility they were infected with something different to the pathogen (better word than the ones we've been using) he whispers to Rick they're all infected with.

We know Pathogen One is airborne (presumably) and has infected everyone on earth but lies dormant until death, when it reanimates the corpse and turns it into a walker.

We know Pathogen Two is carried by the walkers, and can be transferred/caught by living humans when they are bitten by the walkers. Pathogen Two causes death and death activates Pathogen One.

What we still don't know is whether Pathogen One is the same as Pathogen Two, or whether they are some sort of variant of the same thing, or whether they are two different pathogens.