TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Forever - Tuesdays on ABC: Archive through September 27, 2014 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the first show, haven't gotten to my tape for the second one, but I am very intrigued by this show.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I loved Forever. Scorpion just wasn't my bag. I stopped watching about halfway through.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I couldn't get Forever...due to scheduling conflicts...is it good?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Scoot I am watching my tape today, will let you know.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
I dvr'd both Dipo. Now I just have to find time to watch! So many shows, so little time! Lol

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Forever. Liked the actors and the vibe. I can see Numbers, Bones, CSI and others in it, and not just actors. lol But, it was a nice watch. I can see bits of the understory, but enjoy the completion of the crime solving in an episode, as well.

Richardgirl

08-23-2013

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Richardgirl a private message Print Post    
I liked Forever very much~~it was done well. As for Scorpion, didn't think it would be my cup of tea~but by the end, I liked it!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I thought it ws pretty good. Suspension of disbelieve comes into play, but they did it well. (IMHO)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am on the fence about Forever. I saw the first episode and the main actor was cute. But, I'm not sure about the premise yet. Love seeing Judd Hirsch in anything.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I love Forever!!! Love the "Highlander" vibe to it. Love that Judd Hirsch's character has been with him all this time... but I'm fearful that his character is going to meet an untimely end from whoever is sending messages to the doctor.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read and loved the book.. and so far.. well it has the time thing and sort of reminds me of The Mentalist with less humor but the different twist of course.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I did like Forever, too bad for those who already predict a cancellation. I like Ioan Gruffud and even if the 'immortality' is such an old cliche' I think this as an interesting spin... I just like the guy anyway and with the cop (not blond for a change, since he seems to like blondes) there is a good chemistry.

I have the second episode still on the pvr to watch tonight.

Don't you all love Ioan? He sure grew up from his handsome Horatio Hornblower curly locks... I discovered discussion boards back then!! People were absolutely bonker over him.. (well, me too)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It reminded me of the Mentalist too.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The only thing that I might not like about this one is if he has to die in every single episode. Hopefully the dying is going to slow a bit. I realize he needed to in the first few to establish the groundwork for the show, but really...how many ways can one man die?

Other than that I liked both episodes they've shown so far. I hope this one sticks.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Do you think they'll keep that other mysterious eternal guy aloof just to create some kind of suspense? I'm curious to know who that is and so maybe it's working...

The detective woman is starting to be a bit lame for my taste, all things Henri notices should have been first noticed by her, she really looks too dumb beside him and that's a no no... I like my detective women smarter than the guys...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watched the second show and I still really like it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Do you think they'll keep that other mysterious eternal guy aloof just to create some kind of suspense? I'm curious to know who that is and so maybe it's working..."

I'm not 100% positive but I think I know who it is...well, the actor who plays him, not who the mysterious character is.

The voice on the phone is rather distinctive and, to me, it sounds like the voice of Louis Ferreira, the actor who plays Detective Oscar Vega on "Motive". He was also on "Stargate Universe" playing the character, Colonel Everett Young.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure it's him and I couldn't find his name associated with "Forever" even after checking his acting credits on imdb.com and tv.com.....but I swear that voice on the phone sounds exactly like him to me.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I like this show a lot. More than I thought I would. Hopefully it stays on the air for a while.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I love getting my Ioan fix every week. Now, if they can figure out a way to get him into Hornblower's uniform that would be icing on the cake.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Another thought…it's kind of sad for him to have to watch his 'baby' getting older and older.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would recommend the book

Huh.. well maybe this show is "based on" the book by Pete Hamill or maybe not.. I loved the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Forever-A-Novel-Pete-Hamill-ebook/dp/B004PYDMDE/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

As I recall Judd Hirsch plays I think his son, who has aged past the father.

Uh no.. Judd was found in a concentration camp.

This is bizarre and if not connected to the book, I'd think the author would have a beef with the similarities.

Interesting.. I remember the short lived show, New Amsterdam and Wikipedia says that Pete Hamill alleged that they took ideas from his book.. seems like this show does as well and even the title.

Sorry the show hasn't been well-received. I like it well enough to keep watching.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
He adopted the concentration camp child who grew into Judd Hirsh.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I believe Ioan and his wife adopted the war orphan baby and raised him as their son.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Sanfran... next episode I will try and listen to that voice... I loved the actor in Motive.

Ophilia... I was among the crazy fans of Hornblower, I remember the long discussion boards we had over at the A&E, over three years!! I learned all about the navy back then.. I read all of the Forester's books. I still have all my Hornblower DVDs. It won an Emmy too.

Ioan Gruffudd's 'young' face had classical traits, sometimes he reminded me of the other beautiful Hornblower played by Gregory Peck. He really had a beautiful face and he aged very nicely too. I think with his wife (the same one who played in 100 Dalmatians)have a child.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Interesting.. I remember the short lived show, New Amsterdam and Wikipedia says that Pete Hamill alleged that they took ideas from his book.. seems like this show does as well and even the title. "

I ran across a discussion in the comments section on some article a week or so ago, but sorry, no link...

Anyhow, someone mentioned that this show was very similar to New Amsterdam and accused the Forever producers of stealing the idea. A different person responded by saying that New Amsterdam was actually based on a book called "Forever".

The two series are almost identical so there must be a connection....but we may have a "chicken or the egg?" situation when it comes to figuring out who stole it from whom..