TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 30, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 30, 2014 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I missed episode 1 of In the Flesh the first time around so have been sitting on rest of season 1 in my PVR until it rolled around again. Just starting to watch it this week and so far am enjoying it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This is early to post this, but I thought some of you guys might be interested.

For this fall:

ABC picks up Spielberg’s alien invasion sci-fi series The Whispers (aka The Visitors)

<snip>

The network has picked up the alien invasion drama The Whispers, previously known as The Visitors, with a series order. ABC had previously picked up the pilot for the potential series, which was developed by Soo Hugh (Under the Dome). Also working behind the scenes? Steven Spielberg, Justin Falvey (Falling Skies), Darryl Frank (Under the Dome) and Dawn Olmstead (Prison Break).

The Whispers is being pitched as a major sci-fi project, chronicling humanity’s race against the clock to defeat an unseen alien enemy out to destroy the world. The cast will also be filled out by some fan fave sci-fi alums, including Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes) Lily Rabe (American Horror Story) and Barry Sloane (Revenge).

<snip>

http://www.blastr.com/2014-5-9/abc-picks-spielberg%E2%80%99s-alien-invasion-sci-fi-series-whispers-aka-visitors

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think another 'alien invasion' is just another 'alien invasion', nothing new. I would be more interested in a different sci-fi spin about Earth compared to other worlds in the cosmos, the Earth of Elysium for example is such a hellish scenario and instead of looking for some other worlds we could never reach they built the place above Earth for the rich and privileged.
In 100 the Ark was a bit like that in Elysium but there it became another dying station as Earth was healing and habitable again. I prefer these stories than another 'alien invasion' that seems to me so repeated.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Could Agent Coulson's scribbles at the end of Agents of Shield be plans for the Interocitor? (see This Island Earth)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I missed episode 1 of In the Flesh as well. I haven't seen it on repeat yet, so I have them along with Salem and Orphan Black stockpiling up. And The Returned.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Anyone planning on watching The Last Ship? Starts tonight on TNT.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep. I didn't fancy it by the description, but saw a trailer and thought it was worth a shot. Might not get to it tonight though, all of a sudden there's a lot on tv.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I know the feeling, I have some nights with 4 or 5 shows and others with none at all.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
I watched The Last Ship last night and loved it. Goes along the same lines as the movie "Outbreak" where everyone is sick and there's only one chance for a cure. The Last Ship is a bit more intense, I think. I'll be watching it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Good to know Jeep. I did record it but don't know when I'll get to it. I have every ep of this season of Orphan Black coming to the top of the to watch list so that will keep me occupied.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the review. I'll watch it when I can! :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked it too. It was kind of setting the background and I'm not sure where it's going now, but definitely has potential.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Still watching The Last Ship. Loved the episode at Gitmo. Now more Russians. I think the last show indicated they're in trouble. I bet that mouse is infected.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I forgot shark week has started, LOL. Dinoshark is on right now, LMAO, cracks me up.

Don't forget Sharknado 2 on Wednesday.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
I spent the day watching Mega Shark, Mega Shark vs. Crocasauras, Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus, Dinoshark, and Mega Shark vs. Meta Shark.

DH had to work, rained all day, so I just got lost in Shark land. I need a life.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Gumby, I wish it had rained here, it is fun to get caught up in the SY Fy movies.

So glad I am not the only one. I am switching back and for to the Mega shark one, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"2 Headed Shark Attack" was on today, too....LOL
I spent about 10 minutes on it to watch one of the attacks.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I saw Judd Hirsch in a preview for Sharknado 2 - He was driving a TAXI! Love it!

Gumby

08-14-2004

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
I forgot to list 2 Headed Shark Attack. Saw that one too! Thanks Naja!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just love shark week, it cracks me up. I need to watch for the 2 headed shark movie, haven't seen that one.

Right now is Jersey Shore Shark Attack.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Sharknado 2 premieres tonight. Just an FYI. :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Sharknado 2 ~ We're having a family dinner right before to enjoy this horrendously bad but fun movie together - Can't wait for the tweets!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wil Wheaton ‏@wilw · 7m
I had to keep my #Sharknado2 death cameo a secret for MONTHS. I was pretty much the role of a lifetime.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I have a few more hours before the show, but the tweets have started at the Wheaton house. They have a special red velvet sharknado 2 cake that is quite impressive.

Wil Wheaton ‏@wilw · 1h
Behold our #Sharknado2 cake! RT @AnneWheaton: It's about the red velvet center for maximum killing machine likeness. https://vine.co/v/MEvXjDl1BAt

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahahaha.

NY Red Cross ‏@redcrossny · 16m
@AnneWheaton You can also check out the Red Cross guide to surviving #Sharknado2 here http://changinglivesstorybook.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-to-survive-sharknado-2.html