TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 20, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There seemed to be a lot of trying to explain away the Termites' actions by showing how they were originally the cattle. I don't think Gareth is necessarily good at fighting walkers - they probably haven't had to tackle many inside the compound - and now he's injured (shot in the leg) so maybe he thinks he can charm his way back with them and they will protect him. I don't know how it would be in their best interests to trust him though.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Great season beginning!! I was so ready to see them all back together again and loved when they were finally reunited with Carol and Judith.

As Kitt said, on The Talking Dead they said the termites will play a part in this season, showing how they were once so horribly treated which is what caused them to trust no one and do what they did. Doesn't cut it for me, but I don't write the show.

How cool it would be for Morgan and Rick to met up again!

It's going to be a fun and exciting season!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The In memoriam is my fav part of Talking dead. I crack up at the captions they give for each kill.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh, at the link above they have pictures of the cast in character and real life, Daryl looks just the same minus the blood.

That was such a great episode last night. I swear my shoulders were in knots after from being so tense. Carol is my hero and that moment with her and Daryl was so sweet. Little moments like that in the midst of the chaos are so unexpected.

Feefee10

07-13-2011

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 1:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Feefee10 a private message Print Post    
This is the first time I've rooted for the walkers against the Termites .Great episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Ratings record for AMC's 'Walking Dead'

NEW YORK (AP) — The Nielsen Company says the 17.3 million people who watched the fifth season opener of "The Walking Dead" Sunday is a record both for the show and for a cable television program.

Nielsen said that represented the biggest audience ever for a single non-sports program on cable TV. The AMC drama beat its previous record audience of 16.1 million for the fourth season opener last October.

"The Walking Dead" also had a staggering 11 million viewers among 18-to-49-year-olds, considered most valuable to advertisers. That beats every other scripted show on TV this season, with CBS' premiere of "The Big Bang Theory" coming closest with 6.9 million in that demographic.

<snip>

http://news.yahoo.com/ratings-record-amcs-walking-dead-220054545.html

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
I am not sure if this was ever mentioned, but I guess I am going back to the early seasons of wanting to know what was Dale to Andrea?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I could be wrong, but I don't believe they were related in any way other than being part of the same wandering group trying to survive.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They aren't related. But Dale is the one who convinced her not to commit suicide when her sister was bitten. So that cemented their friendship.

(note: in the comic book, they still met after the apocalypse but they became a couple.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, they met before the tv series started, and he became a kind of father figure to Andrea and particularly her sister Amy (who was much younger than Andrea). I think he saved them at some point (pre tv show), and then as well as Dale stopping Andrea from killing herself, Andrea stopped Dale from staying behind at the CDC.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jasper LOL I thought the same thing!

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I thought that maybe somehow he was her father the way she talked to him.

Debra

11-19-2003

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Contest words for tonight are

Zombie
Kill

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Why was Bob crying? Were they meant to be happy tears?

I wondered if he was scratched when the walker almost got him in the cellar, and he knew he was dying from the scratch and would turn, and had decided to spend a few hours with them then say goodbye ("one more" kiss) then go outside to turn.

If that was the case, maybe having your leg eaten wasn't so bad, it might have been where the infection was ;).

Debra

11-19-2003

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
I too thought Bob got injured.

Hmmmm we shall see.

Did you see where Kentucky Fried Bob and bbqbob were trending on Twitter?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, it will be good if that's something that takes a while to come out, like the Terminians who ingested diseased Bob pieces eventually get ill and turn walker.

I didn't see twitter during the show. Talking Dead wanted BobBQ to trend but I guess people made their own!

I'm glad they're addressing the Beth story now. It would be completely unbelievable if they went miles and miles and then just happened to bump into her.

Would you believe it is only been nine days since the storm at the prison when Hershel was killed? Time flies when you're having fun.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm so confused. Did Carol and Rick have some kind of falling out? What exactly is it that she and Tyreese think they should or shouldn't tell the others? Is it simply about the girl she shot or is there something deeper that I missed?

And when did Bob and Sasha hook up? Last I remember, she rejected him and only wanted him as a friend.

As for the Termians, there were quite a few people feasting and yet all they took was part of one leg? He must have had huge calves - yes I obsess over the the silly!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Rick kicked Carol out because she took it apon herself to kill those two people who were sick- she was part of a council of the prison. He didn't trust carol any longer

Carol and Tyrone are talking about the killing of the girls

Also I didn't see it, but on talking dead they said the guy in the shack that Tyrone ( which I thought he killed) was part of the feasting termites. So now we gots two evils on the loose.

I also think BBQ Bob got bit by a zombie. No other reason to cry, because he was happy and gave Sasha a big kiss before he went outside.

Don't know if the reverend/priest is dangerous, but seems he was fooling around with his organ player..... LOL

Last nights show was a lot more relaxed than the first. Hope next week is more exciting.

But.... In the previews, Sasha says that there are 3 of them missing. So 2 others beside Bob go missing..... Hmm

Im guessing the scientist guy and the girl from there group 😁

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The other two are Carol and Daryl, who've gone after the car with the cross on it.

My theory on Father Gabriel is he purposefully kept the food after the food drive and wouldn't let the townsfolk in to share. I don't see how he would be alone otherwise, people would always help out their priest and he would (almost!) always help out anyone in need from his flock.

Talking of Bob's bountiful calves, did you notice his bountiful shoulders? Bob's been hitting the gym! They dressed him down but it still seemed out of character, like maybe an actor whose character was about to be killed off, and would need another job :-(.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah! Thanks Kitt, I forgot about Carol and Daryl chasing after Beth

Sadly tho, Rick and co will be without badass Daryl and his crossbow when they meet up with Garreths group .... Need the most strongest fighting power at a time of need.

Wondering how these people can do without water for so long.... LOL

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering why after everything they've been through and knowing that the Temites (let alone walkers) are still out there, they haven't implemented the buddy system yet.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"My theory on Father Gabriel is he purposefully kept the food after the food drive and wouldn't let the townsfolk in to share."

That's exactly what I've been thinking and, to me it seems very very obvious! The preacher kept all the food but, out of cowardice, he locked the doors and wouldn't let anyone of his congregation into the church while he waited for god to deal with the walkers. He did nothing and hislack of action resulted in his entire congregation turning into walkers

Too bad he didn't heed this quote: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And talking about quotes, some of the ones around the church were well chosen!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
TY Lostfan for those answers. I remember Carol admitting to Rick about killing the 2 who were sick but for some reason, blanked out on Rick asking her to leave.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
they are going to be in for a surprise when they cut Bob's other leg. #taintedmeat Bob is the new red meat LOL