TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 12, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 12, 2014 users admin

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
I like Maggie too Kappy. And so happy that Amelia is now a regular. The season seems promising. But I still don't like Meredith. Just something about her. Too self centered maybe? I really can't pinpoint it, she just grates on my nerves.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Is the Maggie character the same one that was on the season finale when we first saw her?

I guess I'm in the minority here because, so far, I'm not feeling the love for Maggie. She just seems...angry or something.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Based on last night's show, I think that Owen may fall for Maggie. She has a lot of the same characteristics as Christina, but has a softer side that she keeps hidden.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm with Nyeratheart about Meredith. All I could think about her behavior last night is this is why I have never liked her. I've watched the show for the other characters and have always pretended Meredith and Derek aren't there, lol! If an episode focuses on them, I am out for that night.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Meredith is still in mourning for Christina. Not an excuse for her behavior but sometimes losing a best friend makes it hard to accept the person who is his or her replacement.

And in her defense - good gracious - that girl has had more sisters thrust upon her than the law should allow...LOL! First she finds out she has a sister who is in labor...then she has a sister in her footsteps at Seattle Grace (and she didn't warm up to her for a very long time) and now she has an unidentified sister from her mother who she thought she knew so well! I don't blame her for being a bit defensive.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think the fact that Meredith said, if the new doc was actually the daughter of her mother, then her mother, Erin, would have been pregnant when Meredith was 5 years old. Meredith said she would have remembered if her mom had been pregnant then. That's the main reason she doesn't believe this stranger isn't really her half sister.

Of course, Mer is also self centered and whiny and acts like a child a lot of the time, so her nasty attitude is probably a combination of both the timeline AND her immature behavior.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
ellis....

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, October 03, 2014 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
When I was four my mother had a miscarriage. I never realized it until I was an adult. What I remember is my mother calling me to the bathroom door and telling me to go next door and tell Mrs. Green to come over and stay there with Natalie Green who was a teenager. Then I got to sleep over at their house. To me it was just an adventure. Looking back, I understood what happened. Meredith will likely remember a time when her mother was missing because of a conference, a temporary guest surgery or something else. She will come to understand that Maggie is her sister, but it doesn't mean she will like her.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
It may take Richard telling her that it is true, and that he is Maggie's father, for her to believe it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Ellis was such a remote figure in Meredith's life - even when she was involved in her life - but I think that Meredith wants to think she and her mother were closer than they actually were when she was small. It always seemed to me that her mother was more concerned with using Meredith as a prop and really not interested in her as a child. Ellis was interested in Ellis's career more than anything else (just my opinion).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay, I was onboard with the Maggie character until she lashed out at the Chief because he didn't tell her. She just jumped to conclusions about why he didn't speak up immediately. I have to say, just like Meredith would have. I did not like her at that point.

I also don't understand if Christine leaves all her shares to Karev, why he doesn't get to be on the board? He has a stake in the hospital. All other major shareholders have a seat on the board, so why would they choose Bailey instead of Alex. I think he might have a lawsuit.... I just want good things for Alex. He deserves them, especially, now that he has to listen to Meredith all the time.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps part of the articles is that the board gets to approve new members?

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I think it is about what makes the better story.

This way, we have seen Karev go from the guy in the shadows of Meridith and Yang to a guy who started a Help the Children (that somehow got misplaced) to a guy that went into private practice (making big bucks)and got fired from that, to the guy that really wanted to make a difference, and got shot down. We now want to see him succeed, just not sure how.

Bailey, who started out the show as a power, now has to grow into a larger leader. Learning curve.

The other story, if they pick Karev, Bailey can only leave to move up. And Karev has to crash and burn as a board member.

also, since each member of the board was very distracted by personal matters during the meeting, they can only blame themselves.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 10, 2014 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
They picked Bailey didn't they?

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
They picked Bailey which I think will have consequences seeing as Alex actually owns a piece of the hospital. Really there should have been no question about him getting the seat as all the other investors sit on the board. Bailey is the only one without financial investment and I see that being played out.

I agree about the Maggie/Chief thing. She has had a long time to come to terms with being adopted he has had a week to come to terms with not only being her father but with the fact that a woman he loved and idolized stole that from him. He and Adele wanted children so it isn't like he wouldn't have stepped up. Maggie barely knows the Chief and she never gave him a chance to explain.

Christina really left a blaze of devastation in her wake didn't she.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Hmmmmmmm.....what would happen if Karev sold his shares?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Are they Korev's shares, or did Christina just leave him the proxy?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Not sure....I thought I remembered Christina saying in her note that she "gave" them to him. At the time, I was shocked that she would just give away something that valuable. Then again, Burke told Christina he was "giving" her that research center she's now running, which also seemed a bit over the top.

Maybe they're just using the word "give" a bit loosely.

It makes more sense that he just has her proxy, but if that's the case, what can Karev do with her proxy if he isn't on the Board? If he isn't on the Board, he can't vote for anything can he?

I'm just wondering if the hot-headed Karev will try and do something with those shares that benefits no one but him.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If they are indeed his shares then I can see him doing something stupid with them. It wouldn't be the first time. He might sell them to someone who doesn't have the hospital's best interest or who has something personal against the other board members. Hey, he could sell them to Dr. McDreamy's sister!

On the other hand, I had the thought that maybe he decided to give the position to Bailey. I doubt it but I could kind of see it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
See, I think he may file a lawsuit. Hopefully, they have something interesting planned for him.

Geri

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Geri a private message Print Post    
Whatever they have planned for him, I hope it means that we have less of Meredith. How much more whiny and self-centered could she be?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
More stories to be told about the doctors in Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital. I thought the acting in Thursday's episode was especially good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The shares may not be transferrable in that way, but of course we won't know.

I wonder if they want us to dislike most everyone so we don't mind when they leave the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meredith is pretty damaged. Imagine having a distant mother who took away her father, was more interested in career and her affair, they tried to kill herself and dragged her existing child to Boston, where she handed off a half sister.. then of course ends up deep in Alzheimer's so the rejection continued and there was not even a chance that she could be proud of her daughter becoming a doctor.

And now she lives with having that gene and more likelihood of Alzheimer's and then Owen, who is mourning not having a wife who will support and worship him while bearing his children, pushes Derek into a situation that will pull Derek and Meredith apart.

Yeah she can be self centered but all that and having surprise sisters dropped on her and then snatched away..

Derek's self centered as well.

I don't appreciate his sister being there.

And looks like the new sister is just as unforgiving.

The Chief (Richard) isn't given much slack by either of them.. he didn't have much time to suddenly realize he HAD a daughter .. Ellis Grey damaged him, and both daughters.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah, yes forgot that Adele also had Alzheimers.. so Richard lost TWICE to Alzheimers.

Oh and Arizona's new "mentor" is super unlikeable too.