TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 07, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 07, 2014 users admin

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
I think that, as a lawyer, she's on the run so much that it wouldn't make sense for anyone to call her at home or at the office.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Yes, I was bugged by the "empty nest" also. I understand the emotions of the first child leaving, I'm going through them myself, but hardly an empty nest.

I can't picture many attorneys being reachable on other than a cell phone, especially trial attorneys.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that was a pretty funny finale, Alicia saying as last word "huh?" just as I did (I didn't expect that one) but I did expect, as I mentioned 2 episodes ago, that Diane was going to move to Alicia's firm and dump those conniving little schemers, like David and co.
I just want Alicia to turn down the offer and work with Diane since she will be bringing all that money in, but I never liked Carey and he will be bad news for the young firm. Kalinda would be good to remain where she is as she will help out Alicia and Diane in some way.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, we haven't even had a land line in over 10 years! Lots of people don't have them anymore. I love the freedom of never being trapped at home waiting for an important call. Also when my son was in school, I always wanted to be accessible should he need me. I would think most business people use cells now, so as not to miss any important calls. Land lines will soon go the way of the dinosaurs. Why pay an extra bill for a line that only gets telemarketing calls?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm in a 45 - 50 year old condo building. Security system to the front door of the building runs over unit owners' land lines. Being that I have DSL internet connection, I need TWO land lines as security system and DSL cannot operate on same line. I have had TiVo for ten years this month. I'm on my third TiVo box. First two got software transmitted over landline. This third box gets software via wireless.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Great season opener! Love seeing Cary in jail, he's lost and helpless and losing that snobby entitlement he seems to have had over the seasons.

Would LOVE to see Alicia run for State's Attorney but think that would narrow down the storyline possibilities...but perhaps not. Maybe having her sit on the opposite of the aisle might be fun!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't be surprised to see her run. I think the guy she would be running against made her mad at the bond hearing. I guess we will see.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Loved the show tonight. I think we're in for a bumpy ride. I hope she doesn't run for State's Attorney, but if she does, I hope she loses. I like her defending people. I cannot wait to see what trouble David Lee and Michael J. Fox's character (I can never remember that character's name)cause.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I've never watched before but my dvr recorded part of it last night instead of Madame Secretary - I liked what I saw. What season is this? I don't know if I can catch up by watching all if it's been on for a while.

Edited to add: Ah...is this the 6th season? That handy dandy 'Archive' link above starts September 2009...duh. I'm a brainiac, can't ya tell?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Scotchbright, I think it is one of the best written shows on TV. If you haven't watched the Blacklist, it is also worth watching. JMO

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed in last night's show. I don't like Cary in jail. But I think Diane's story line is going to be great. David Lee and Canning are going to make trouble for her and Alicia & Co. Can't wait for that part.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The prosecutor.... LOL, was he supposed to be her new ..'friend', these two are already at odds and I love it. Will is surely forgotten...

Cary was always a bit 'intriguing' for me, never could feel comfortable with him, I almost felt he would be the downfall of Alicia's new firm because I could not trust him. On the other hand he had some 'honest' moves and his feelings for Kalinda seemed real too... So now he's in big trouble for some past cases he took care and there too can't tell if he indeed got something dirty or someone is just using him to get to the real target. He's feeling the hot seat for sure.

I'd rather see Diane stay with her firm and keep those guys guessing as to what she's up to.

Of course the State Attorney's job for Alicia is a bad idea...

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Scotch...it's available on Netflix so it'd be easy to catch up. I'd never watched it until this year when I caught up on the past seasons when Hallmark Movie Channel showed the series straight through.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I can't use Netflix or anything that streams at home (too slow of internet). But I see it's on Amazon Prime which I can sometimes watch from work during my breaks.
Thanks!!!!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Didn't care much for the opener. Hard to believe these people couldn't scrape up a million and change.

I am so fed up with the string section telling us when things are tense. I might try ear plugs and read lips.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Gidget, use Captioning…I do that for British shows when I can't understand the accents.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hope Alicia and Peter get a divorce. They both have a wandering eye, so let's get it over. ;)

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I am still mourning the loss of Will.

I think Taye Diggs will be a great addition.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
LOL OG, my first thought was captioning but lip reading would hold my interest longer.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Scotch, we can't stream either, but they're available on DVD! They have a DVD only part and it's not that much a month.

Gidget, I am married to a hearing-impaired man so we always use captions. I've gotten so used to them that even I am dependent upon them! LOL

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Loved the scene when Diane left Lockhart/Gardener and took the lawyers with her. Very dramatic.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness for cc... the screen is big enough and never get in the way, very useful, especially since they speak either too fast or slang or very bad sound or Brits with accents, I really need them, love them in Spanish tv and French tv. No need for the Italian..

But why didn't they just call a merger of the two law firms, half of them are Diane's people anyway. I agree with those saying they should not have had that much problem putting together 1.3 million, jeesh... Now is Kalinda joining too? Ooops, she's a freelancer

It would be funny after so many "I'm not running" and... after many more episodes, Alicia is going to announce she's running... LOL

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
If they merged the two offices, David Lee and Louis Canning would take over running the place. They'd look just like Lockhart/Gardner and have no control which is why Carey and Alicia quit.

I think she will run but keep her office going too. I read that the writers checked the law to see if she'd be able to be both and they said she could.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 06, 2014 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Let the fun begin.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So she is tempted to run now after that hateful guy wants to run as well but wants her out of the picture. They're dragging this nonsense case against Carey a bit too long... enough already.