TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 29, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Madame Secretary: Archive through September 29, 2014 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
There have been a few posts in the Premieres Scripted TV Shows thread about this show, and if we should have a mod with a few spare minutes, perhaps those comments could be brought over?

Just finished watching the premiere on CBS.com Full Episodes.

This is a very smart yet empathetic show. I think it will have some legs, and I wouldn't mind following some discussions here for both those episodes I will miss and for those I am really excited about.

The duel between Madame Secretary and the Chief of Staff is bound to be a good and ongoing one.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Watched the premiere of MADAM SECRETARY. While it was okay, and I'll give it a second chance, it didn't grab me from the start as I'd have liked.

It's a "We'll see" show for me.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I liked Madam Secretary. Will keep watching

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Madam Secretary was very good, for a pilot. Will definitely add it to Tivo.

Enjoyed Red Band Society also.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I, too, enjoyed Madam Secretary and will definitely keep watching.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I thought I taped/dvr'd Madame Secretary but it was the last half of The Good Wife and half our local news...odd timing with Football overage? Was it on before The Good Wife?

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Scotch, they actually had it scheduled twice..once before Good Wife and once after. But the after was "returned to your regularly scheduled programming" at 11:10 because the football game ran long I guess.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I guess my dvr didn't catch the first showing...I had other things taping so they must have had top priority. I'm sure I'll be able to watch online soon - I hope. Thanks Miss!

Milosmom

06-10-2006

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Milosmom a private message Print Post    
Madam Secretary was aweseome. Loved every minute!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised there is no thread for Madame Secretary, I like her a lot (but some comparisons with Hillary Clinton were funny). They're right on about the hostages situation and we can see it in real life as well but the policy I think is 'no money' as a bargaining tool to free the hostages and here one simple phone call and voila' the kids are free and back home. Huh???
On the other hand, I believe there has been tons of money paid out to terrorists to free hostages, some times from private sources but the government should stick to its policy of 'no money paid' to negotiate release.
We'll give the show a try and see if it becomes a bit more complicated and a bit more realistic, so far it was just too simple for my taste.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
(Moved some posts over.)

I rather enjoyed it but I'm waiting to see if it gets a bit deeper. Fun watch so far though.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
It has a good base cast. Remains to see if anyone knows what to do with them.

Liked when she acquiesced to the makeover to create *news* to bury real news. So today.

And that she gave the prince's wives their proper respect. Would have been so easy to ignore them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it, the guy who is chief of staff - the right hand man to the President - reminds me of the guy on Scandal who is next to the President. I can't decide if he is evil or not, LOL.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Spunky, the secretary told the guy she was working with there would be no cash...they would pay the million (or whatever is was) dollars in food and medical supplies.

I do see this show getting more interesting. It will likely have some sort of weekly problem to solve, but also begin to have storylines that will be deeper and go on. Such as the already dead George who had uncovered the fact that the previous secretary's plane crash was not an accident. He had time to tell her about it and what he had found, so she will be following up on that I'm sure.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thank you Pjlover... such a simple way to solve the crisis.. they need to get more 'problematic', things are not that easy.

But I'll be watching and this time it's not just two kids to save but the whole world... (well Obama is trying to do just that right now) so they've got plenty of material to work on.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jimmer!!

I am leaving the country for a month in a week or so. I will come here on my return to see what I have missed and see how y'all are liking the show after a few weeks.

Lookieloo

08-12-2009

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lookieloo a private message Print Post    
Really good show. I thought in the credits that I saw Morgan Freeman's name. So, I googled and what do you know...he's a producer. I expect great things from this show.

Milosmom

06-10-2006

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Milosmom a private message Print Post    
Another keeper!!!

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
This one has made my list to continue watching. Tea Leoni! Bebe Neuwirth! Tim Daly! Keith Carradine! Zeljko Ivanek! I just love looking at his name and pretending I can pronounce it. Oh and Lucas from House of Cards! yay. Looking forward to more.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Who played character Bishop tonight. Can't find it on-line so far.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Jeff Hephner

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Good episode tonight. I need to go back and catch the pilot.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I've been streaming Boss lately. Recognize Hephner from there.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have been afraid to watch it.

I am trying to stay away from politics of any sort.