TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 21, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander - A Starz Original Series: Archive through September 21, 2014 users admin

Tmagicsaq

03-26-2004

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tmagicsaq a private message Print Post    
very happy with the first epi!!!! I am very happy it was close to the book. I have read all the books 3 times so far, always finding new stuff i didnt either remember or had forgotten about. I have only read the last book once but may start in on all the books again soon. I am finding as with the books... I cant wait to see the next. If i had them all i would be in big trouble as i would watch them one right after another!

Tmagicsaq

03-26-2004

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tmagicsaq a private message Print Post    
ok.. that made no sense.. "didn't remember" and had "forgotten about" are the same thing!!! please excuse my excitment over the show :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'll admit I've watched all of the epidsodes at least 4 times - 3 just to watch, and a fourth on mute with Ron D. Moore's podcast/commentary running. (Itunes has them.)

Jamie's hair was short at the beginning of Outlander because they'd cut it from his head injury that we hear about but don't see. Sam's hair grows as the season progresses, so it will be fun to watch. :-)

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am also enjoying this show and will probably search out the books

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
Really loving this series...watched all 3 episodes last night as a result of reading all your comments.

Thanks!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed the premiere last night.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Just wait, Mameblanche - it gets BETTER and BETTER! (And by that I mean - more Jamie and more Jamie! LOL)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Mame have you watched the second episode yet? It was on last night. I'm sitting down to savor it a little later.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Can you get the podcasts Ron posts? They're on the Starz Outlander site, and they are wonderful! I've been able to watch all four episodes while listening to the podcast, and he (and his wife, Terry - the costume designer) add so much information to the choices they made. Each episode just keeps getting better!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yes, I saw the 2nd ep on Sunday. It's terrific. It seems to be on every Sunday night.

I found this excellent article:

http://thetvwatercooler.com/2014/08/outlander-canada-showcase/

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
3rd episode was awesome as well

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Wow great catch about the hair Teach. It wasn't bothering me all that much but I did wonder why it seemed to stray from the book. In my mind's eye, Jamie had very thick straight heavy hair.

Claire's hair is so perfect for me. I was always just short of seeing it in the book and there it is. Love it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-) Denecee, the fourth one is even better. I think I've watched each episode 5 times, and I am on the edge of my seat for the next one. The break in the middle of the season will be torture, so I'm sure by the time they start airing the second half, I'll have watched all the other episodes 10 or 12 times! Total fan girl at this point!

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I loved this last episode the most. Probably would have say I felt the same way about the book. It started to really pick up for ME at this point. What a great story. And I can't get enough of the opening song. <3 love it.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I agree Teachmichigan! loving this series!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Wow. Just wow. What a performance by Tobias Menzies. Jaw-dropping and heart-wrenching.

I was so thankful they ended the episode with Jamie's "I reckon one of us should ken what they're doing," line and Claire grabbing Dougal's whiskey bottle. I think it prevented nightmares from the rest of the episode!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Ah, yes! Claire and Jamie getting married. Should mean much more Jamie in the show.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am in love with Jamie! lol, I started reading the books and I absolutely love them! I am on the second one Dragonfly in Amber.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-) They are my favorite books of all time, Denecee. I try to reread the entire series whenever a new book comes out, and they do NOT get boring even after 6 or 10 reads. I'm always catching something new. It also helps that Diana is a phenomenal storyteller with a vocabulary that does not assume the lowest common denominator amongst her readers.

And yes - Jamie on Starz ---****THUD****

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
lol

I imagine I will read them all twice before the year is up!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, September 18, 2014 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
If you ever get the chance to listen to the unabridged audiobooks, they are superb as well. I always hear more detail than when I am rip-reading through. :-)

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
thanks for the heads up

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
Be prepared for a time investment. The series of eight books is almost 370 hours. :-)

Missy2

07-31-2001

Saturday, September 20, 2014 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
i loved the first four books but then it was too much for me!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I think I read the first five.

The latest show had a lot of naked people. lol.