TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 06, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Scandal: Archive through April 06, 2014 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Guess, I would have no other way of knowing.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling that James was shot....maybe both James and David were shot. Just because we heard one shot doesn't mean there wasn't another shot immediately following it.

Cyrus tried to have James killed once before but stopped it at the last minute. I think his apology to James might've been his way of setting his own mind at ease for what he was planning to do. He didn't want James to die still hating him.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
didn't know if you had inside info, marameko ;)

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
If people want spoilers check imdb. Either way it would be a great lost of a valued character but I guess that's tv for you. I just wonder the motivation. Did jake decide based on all the intel or was he ordered. Cyrus had asked for the VP to be killed but did he make another request?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I wish they'd stop billing it as THE.MOST.SHOCKING.EVER. Because, really, it wasn't. It was just another Scandal episode. Sure, there's a strong chance that one of our favorite characters is dead, but really that's just another Scandal episode. And there wasn't anything shocking because the entire episode was a lead up to it and you knew a shooting was coming.

Shocking, to me, was the entire first season where I was on my couch with my mouth agape at the end of every episode. Now it's all become expected. And I miss that first season where they were actually helping different individuals each week. I wish they'd go back to that. It was fun seeing how each scandal would play out.
Ahh, the good ol' days. :-)

Sportygirl

06-14-2005

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportygirl a private message Print Post    
Great episode tonight! I won't give it away just yet in case some of you haven't watched it but have some Kleenex ready.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I really didn't want that character killed. Grrrrrrrr!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
...................... who died?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
............................ James.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
thanks.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I sorry that character was killed. I liked him and he added an interesting dimension to the show.

It's practically impossible to find a character to cheer for on this show. They are all pretty low. I know it's not a popular choice but I think the one I like the best is Mellie (yes I know that's weird to a lot of people). LOL - Love the show though.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"It's practically impossible to find a character to cheer for on this show."

So true!

Atleast Mellie hasn't actually murdered anyone. :-)

Jake, Olivia's father, Olivia's mother, Huck, Quinn, VP Sally, Fitz, and that other B16 agent who's sleeping with/mentoring Quinn...all cold blooded murderers. Did I miss anyone?

I'm not sure but I think Cyrus might be a murderer, too...I don't remember if we've seen him order a hit and follow through with it, but we do know he once decided to have James killed and then changed his mind so that makes me assume he's had people killed before.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
who did Jake bury?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The reporter and NSA agent

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Top three moments for me all involved emotions....

Olivia's dad reaching for her hand (after a great dialogue...save EVERYONE)

Cyrus' breakdown at the podium

Jake staying with James (man was that so hard to watch but at same time you saw that respect jake had for a human being even if you have no forgiveness for his actions)

Honorable mentions - the smile mellie had when she mentioned the junior world championships after shooting - and having Harrison Abby and huck all run into Olivia's office at same time.

Great ep in my view - even with the violence and unlawfulness :-)

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I had to sit on this one a couple of days, mull over whether it was a good episode or not. It was a good episode! I didn't like James, but I didn't wish him dead (and I think Cyrus ordered him killed after he found the bug). Loved how Jake stayed with him, talking to him.

Loving Olivia's torment over the situation (girl, you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas!) Her dad is a little too angry all the time for me. Her momma is one scary woman!

I have to agree with Jimmer in that I think Mellie might be my favorite character.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Hate this show love this show??? I am so confused except that I know I would not want to live in this world if I really believed this show depicted reality for our world. Hopefully it does not.

I can still root for David Rosen...so far he still has a conscious and some morals.
Mellie would probably sanction everything that has happened because for her and Cyrus...power seems to be the only thing that they truly love. Glad though that Mellie has found a lover...she deserves it after the way her husband behaves.

Cyrus's breakdown...pure guilt not grief...he is one big lowlife surrounded by a bunch more lowlifes

This show frustrates me but I can not quit watching.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Did I miss something? Why would Cyrus feel guilty over James' death? he didn't order it (this time LOL) Command did it for the good of the Union because James and Rosen were going to expose Sally Langston killing Daniel Douglas.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Texannie, pretty sure, although we did not see it happen, that Cyrus ordered James' death after he found the bug in the photo frame on his desk and discovered he was Publius.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My impression was that Cyrus did not order his death. It was a Command decision by Jake.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Mea culpa. I may have started this notion that Cyrus had something to do with the murder of James with my Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 1:10 pm.

I had said:

"Cyrus tried to have James killed once before but stopped it at the last minute. I think his apology to James might've been his way of setting his own mind at ease for what he was planning to do. He didn't want James to die still hating him."

...but I had it all wrong! I was so distrustful of power mad Cyrus because he had previously put a hit on James so when I posted that, I thought Cyrus had instigated those killings. But then in the following episode we saw it was actually Jake who drank the B16 kool-aid after being made the new Commander and he made the call all on his own.

I do think guilt had something to do with Cyrus' breakdown at the press briefing though. He had treated James so poorly for so long. He finally apologized to James and took full responsibility for his actions, but it came too late because James was killed almost immediately afterwards.

At the briefing, I believe that Cyrus was just overcome with grief and guilt.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
A few weeks ago, Cyrus went to Jake (B316) and convinced him it was a great threat to the Republic if those who were trying to reveal the truth about their latest scandal were not stopped (Vice President killed her husband and Cyrus was right in the center of it all).

Oh and now they are making Millie look like the villian for cheating on her cheating husband....

Excellent writing, story stays interesting and every character is repugnant...makes for a show I can't quit watching even though it disgusts me.

Cyrus should have been more specific in that it was okay to kill them all except for anyone that he cared about (he was not aware his husband was involved at the time)...but now Cyrus knows and now he knows he is very much responsible for his husbands death! So yes, it is guilt that is crumbling Cyrus. And he deserves every last drop of it.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Boberg said....
"Excellent writing, story stays interesting and every character is repugnant...makes for a show I can't quit watching even though it disgusts me."

It's like a wreck that you drive past slowly being "nibby". < Or inquisitive>

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Bam! its not always good to get what you want. :-)

I think it was a pretty great ep last night - but then, most are.

Thought it funny that Abby showed up in the all white suit - nice humor in an intense situation.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Realism aside, that was an incredibly foolish short-sighted move on the part of Olivia and her team.

And Fitz totally lost me on this one with his anger over Mellie and his VP candidate while having an extended ongoing affair with Olivia. How can he even look at himself in the mirror?