TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 19, 2014 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Loved Eli trying not to tell Peter about the shooting. Alan Cummings is an amazing actor. You could see the struggle in his face.

Julia Margulis acted like I would have expected, keeping her demeanor up in public and then breaking down in the car watching normality all around her.

Loved Diane's dissing of the major client and the way she cut off all other good attorney resources for him.

Loved loved loved Cary in this one. A real growth episode for his character. It was like he channeled Will in his restrained anger when the other lawyer wouldn't continue the deposition that he had demanded. I don't ever remember seeing him angry like that. His client with a slight smile on her face was priceless.

The more I think about it, I can really see Florrick, Argos merging with Lockart in the future.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I wanted Peter and Alisha to get back together, now I hope they get divorced. He is trying, she is not. Will would never have married her.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Alicia will find someone else. For awhile, I was thinking she might be drawn to the ADA who also got shot, but he mentioned his wife and kids so that is out.

I think Alicia is becoming a 'mini-me' of Diane.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thought it was hilarious when Diane fired the intern who was bawling her eyes out over someone she had only known for a week.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching this a few months ago, but tuned in last night to see how they dealt with the death and I have to say it was very well acted last night. Everyone's reactions were done perfectly.

And I agree with Lexie...thought it was hilarious when Diane told the intern to leave and not come back. Very Diane.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Kalinda almost wanted the killer to kill himself but preferred to let him live with his guilt? The guy will probably be found guilty of temporary insanity but what Kalinda should find out is why the second shooter (the guard?) aimed at Will and twice... why would the guard shoot when obviously Will was already down from the first shot and the killer no longer in his line of fire, that's something they'll have to clarify... can't remember who was this Damian (the dumb guy who was after the governor?) the other lawyer referred to when talking to Alicia. Oh maybe they'll come up with a very complicated conspiracy... who knows..

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I really was thinking that Kalinda was going to go into that jail and shoot that guy! Glad she didn't, but you know she wanted to.

I'm not liking Alicia very much right now. It was her choice that she and Will were over.....done! And now, she acts like a bereaved widow or something. I just don't like it. Peter is really trying to be kind and considerate of feelings and she's just brushing him off.

Loved Diane "firing" that client. How insensitive can you be??

I've always liked Cary and loved seeing him being the strong lawyer he's meant to be!!

I think the thing that surprised and got to me most this episode though, was when David went off by himself and cried. I never expected that from him and it was just so sad.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
My husband said, "Is david going off to do something nasty to someone" and I said "no he is going off to be human" Glad I was right. I am also glad Diane fired the client and the Intern. I hope Alica doesn't dump Cary. Alicia is a married woman, it is about time she acted like one.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think the thing that surprised and got to me most this episode though, was when David went off by himself and cried. I never expected that from him and it was just so sad.

Me, too! This episode had me crying all the way through. Very, very sad. Alicia is acting like a bereaved girlfriend, but Will had been her friend since college. They'd known each other a long time. I understand her grief, but don't understand why she's suddenly shoving Peter away when they'd seemed to be getting closer. Everyone grieves differently.

Still think this is one of the best shows on TV. We've been watching since the beginning and have never lost interest.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay, I loved when Alicia 'woke up' at the hearing with Finn. Does anyone else think that Finn is just adorable? I hope he's not happily married because I can see him and Alicia together so easily.

Also, when Peter had the senator on the line trying to find out about the NSA and then started talking about some 'clearly illegal' conversation they had on the golf course.... and the senator backtracked. Then, Eli bowing down to Peter... "I am not worthly". LOVED that!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I also loved the convo among the NSA listeners... cracked me up!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
My favorite part was when Alicia was talking to Michael J Fox (I can't remember his character name) on their bugged phones and she started asking him about Al Qaida knowing full well it would be flagged by the NSA....and also the "car for sale" bit that linked the NSA boss with a bunch of strangers with Muslim names at a Mosque.

LOL

Btw, I was thinking that they might start using those nerdy NSA analysts on the show more often now because I realized one of the was Michael Uri (from Ugly Betty)! It seems like a waste to hire a popular known actor and give him a teeny tiny role that could probably be played by an unknown extra for a lot less money.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I was so glad to see Alicia back to her regular self and ready to kick rear. LOL

It was a good episode and some good laughs too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Also, when Peter had the senator on the line trying to find out about the NSA and then started talking about some 'clearly illegal' conversation they had on the golf course.... and the senator backtracked. Then, Eli bowing down to Peter... "I am not worthly". LOVED that!

That was good. LOL! Alan Cumming is the best.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, Alicia will have to get that quirky lawyer now that Will's spot is taken.... what's more I think Diane should dump them and join Alicia, then Kalinda too, why the heck not?? Women power!
Nah!!! There is that new laywer Alicia is falling for even if he caused Will's death... Nah! Can't make up my mind how I want this thing going... just don't cancel the series!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
That quirky lawyer already merged with another lady lawyer.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I am finely getting tired of this show and Alicia. Go back to trying cases, that is what made the show interesting, not Alicia's love life or lack of love life. If she wants to play around than divorce Peter.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I so agree with that, Lazylu! Enough of acting like a love crazed high schooler. Act like the attorney,wife, and mother that supposedly you are!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just show more of Finn and I will be happy....

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Finn is a cutie! :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, I can see that Alicia is still unable to cope and go back to work, it's her human side that is quite touching, sometimes just to be a terrific lawyer may not be enough when you crave love and affection... I would tell her to just give time to time and in her busy world someone will soon show up, an innocent drink with a new encounter wasn't going to ruin her, but she has a weird conscience, she is tempted but she can't give in... oh well, it will take time... she feels for her husband as well, doesn't want to put him through another buzz that could ruin him and he agreed to those 'live and let live' terms they reached, both of them. Oh just wait, there's love after Will...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
What a good finale last night. I loved the acting when Dianne knew she was beat at Lockhardt Gardner.... then, you could see her change back to tough Dianne... and she was ready to go and do what she needed to do.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I liked the finale, too, except one thing really bugged me. They kept talking about the 'empty nest' because Zach was leaving home. The nest won't be empty until Grace leaves!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I like this show but the one thing that drives me crazy is how much time Alicia spends on her cell phone - one call after the other. Doesn't anyone ever call her on her land line at home or at the office? When people mistakenly call me on my cell phone, I tell them to either call me on my direct dial number at work, or my home phone. It's just one of my pet peeves.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
That's the way these days. People use cell phones more and more now. I don't even have a land line at home. I only have a cell phone for personal calls.