TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 12, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through August 12, 2014 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can't wait, Naja.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Those SYFY movies are so bad but the tweets during the movie were hilarious! Can't wait for Sharknado 2!

On Hulu, there's a new fake-reality show called Hotwives of Orlando. It's an hilarious take off of the Real Housewives series complete with an Andy Cohen imitator. I highly recommend it!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Those Syfy movies are not only so bad, but they suck you in. It's bizarre, you'll be channel surfing, come across some movie that seems absolutely ridiculous and the next thing you know, you are engrossed because it so hysterical!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think the whole point is the ridiculousness of it all. And that makes it so fun ! :-)

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
My sister cracks up. I go over in the afternoon to help aunt change clothes, do her lunch, etc. and sometimes I'll walk in and bil will be sitting there watching one of those movies. Sis comes home from work half an hour, 45 minutes later and finds me and bil sitting there howling at some silly syfy movie. Can't see one without having to stop and watch, lol, and yep, it's so much fun.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love them because they are so bad they are good, LOL. And I agree Kappy, it was tweets from Wil Wheaton that had me flip over to watch Sharknado when it first showed.

They tweets were cracking me up.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I finally watched Sharknado on Monday... I laughed through the whole thing... what a hoot it was, can't wait for #2.

I love that the SyFy Channel doesn't take themselves too seriously.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's not to say some of their movies aren't real duds.

I think one of the worst ones was called "Tornado Warning" a couple years ago. Aliens were invading the earth in the form of electric tornadoes.

Now this was a case of so bad it was just bad....LOL

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
December 2012 they had one called 12 Disasters of Christmas... tying in with the Mayan calendar and the end of the world with the song 12 days of Christmas.

To anyone who is familiar with Rob Cesternino from Survivor Amazon... he now does a podcast. (robhasawebsite)... anyway he and Matt Hoffman (from Big Brother) did a podcast about Sharknado (right after it aired) and how funny-bad it was. It was hysterical!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
August new shows:

Jonah from Tonga on HBO, Fri Aug 08 at 10pm (Australian comedy about a rebellious 14 year old)

Outlander on Starz, Sat Aug 09 at 9pm (It follows Claire Randall as she navigates the hidden dangers of 18th century Scotland, an unknown world where her freedom and very life are at risk, based on the book)

Legends on TNT, Wed Aug 13 at 9pm (suspense-filled drama (Martin Odum, an undercover agent working for the FBI's Deep Cover Operations (DCO) division. Martin has the uncanny ability to transform himself into a completely different person for each job. But he begins to question his own identity when a mysterious stranger suggests that Martin isn't the man he believes himself to be)

Bojack Horseman on Netflix, entire season available Fri Aug 22 (Will Arnett voices BoJack, the failed legendary 90's sitcom star from the favorite family sitcom "Horsin' Around," who has been trying to find his way through a muddle of self-loathing, whisky and failed relationships. Now, in the presence of his human sidekick Todd (Aaron Paul) and his feline agent and ex-paramour Princess Carolyn (Amy Sedaris), BoJack is primed for his comeback)

Intruders on BBC America, Sat Aug 23 at 10pm (about a secret society devoted to chasing immortality by seeking refuge in the bodies of others)

Other notable premieres:

Dallas on TNT, Mon Aug 18 at 9pm
Doctor Who on BBC America, Sat Aug 23 at 8pm

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Charlie Sheen's "Anger Management" is back with new eps starting Aug 4. On FX. Opening night has 2 new eps back to back. AND, repeated 3 more times overnight. That was my biggest complaint before. That they wouldn't rerun the eps later in the same night like other cable shows do.

I genuinely get a kick out of the show. You can really tell when Charlie showed up for work that day high or after having a rough night....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
2 new sitcoms started on FX a couple weeks and they are both really good!

"Married" and
"You're The Worst"

They are both on Thursday night and we are up to ep 3 for both. All three aired eps for both shows are in on-demand.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
New show on Cinemax -- The Knick. It's scripted show about pioneering surgery in 1900. I'd never heard of it until critic on the radio this morning said -- GOOD!! Starts this coming Friday at 10:00 p.m. Eastern.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
There is a new show on Lifetime - The Lottery. Two episodes, the pilot and 2nd episode are repeated Sunday morning at 10 and 11. The third episode will be on Sunday night, 10p EDT. Anyone watching it?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Tried to watch The Lottery, but it did not catch on for me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched the first 2 eps of The Lottery, Strategist. It was a little dull, but I'll give it until after watching tonight's ep before I decide if I will continue with it.
-----

Tomorrow, Monday 8/4, Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence have a new sitcom starting on FX

"Partners"
Partners is a half-hour, multi-camera comedy centered on the newly established partnership of high-end elitist lawyer Allen Braddock (Kelsey Grammer) and for-the-people, ethics driven lawyer Marcus Jackson (Martin Lawrence).....

....Partners is a smart, edgy legal comedy highlighting the cultural contrast between the haves, the have-nots, and the "Aww, Hell-No's."

http://www.fxnetworks.com/partners/

It's immediately followed "Anger Management" season premiere.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode of The Lottery and will definitely watch the others to see where this is going.

Canadians - the show The Knick that Color mentioned above will start Friday on HBO Canada as well.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode of The Lottery. I, too, will watch more to find out what happened. And, what will happen.

I also watched the first episode of Partners. I thought the acting was not very good. I didn't see any chemistry between "the Partners". And, the one liners just kind of landed flat for me. I started to watch the second episode, but did not as I decided I had had enough.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
me too Pam. But I love Kelsey Grammer,so I'll give it a couple of more chances. That's what I said about Friends and Seinfeld too, so I'm hopeful.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sitcoms are always so weird in the beginning. It seems like it takes a few eps for them to get into their character's groove. But I did think the second ep of Partners was better than the first once. So there was definitely an improvement between just the first 2 eps already.

After trying 3 times to make it through the 3rd ep of "The Lottery". I gave up and deleted it from my series passes. It takes a goofy turn. Eps one and two were promising.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The Knick starring Clive Owen is set to premiere on Friday, Aug 8, on Cinemax.

("The Knick" was the nickname for Manhattan’s (now gone) Knickerbocker Hospital.)

-------------------

The Knick Is a Period Piece That’s Vitally Present
Steven Soderbergh's bloody--and bloody fascinating--medical drama is about the past, but it feels as new as anything on TV.

The Knick (Cinemax, Fridays at 10 p.m. ET) is a show about the future. It just happens to take place in 1900.

The medical drama, created by Jack Amiel and Michael Begler and produced and directed by Steven Soderbergh, is emphatically a period piece, meticulously produced, capturing turn-of-that-century New York City in all its grimy, typhoid-infected squalor. But this ain’t Downton Abbey, and no crumpets shall be served. The Knick doesn’t hold the past at a remove; it feels as immediate as any series set in 2014. It’s a period drama that never forgets that its characters are on the cusp of their own dizzying future of scientific and cultural change, and it presents them like people who are living in their own present, not someone else’s past.

More at the link:
https://time.com/3079900/review-the-knick/

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Sequestered on Crackle? I watched the first episode, and it's kind of interesting! I was pleased to see Summer Glau(sp?) and a few other familiar faces, including a housewife!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 11, 2014 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Discovery has done it again....

Yet another fake documentary to go along with their Megalodon and Mermaids fake docs.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/08/11/shark-of-darkness-fake-documentary-shark-week-discovery-channel/

It's interesting how mad people are about this on twitter and in the comments at youtube. I was 3 minutes into the "Shark of Darkness" documentary and the first thing I thought was that it's another fake. It had the feeling of fake in the way the amateur video was over amateurized (Is that a word?....LOL) and the people in the interviews sounded like actors.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 11, 2014 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just want to add to my above post for people who don't know about the whole crapfest:

The Discovery channels have been making fake documentaries over the past few years, but representing them as real in the promos. You don't know they are fake unless you read the fine print in the credits, and even then the wording is very ambiguous.

The new one "Shark of Darkness" just premiered last night. It's being rerun many many times for shark week.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ya know, when I was watching this on Sunday night I kept wondering if it was real or reenactments. They seemed a bit "actory." Grrr, and I wanted to like Submarine. Darn.