TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 14, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 14, 2014 users admin

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was weird. As to the spoiler, I dunno.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Just passing through...wil try to watch some evenings.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
The scenes with Roy and Carla in them are very touching. I really found Katie very mean girlish toward Anna(considering her own history I cant see why she feels morally superior) and a big mouth to Owen and Gary!
Gary is something else. So much trouble has come from his inability to control his temper!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I totally agree, I love the scenes with Carla and Roy. So unexpected. And ditto,on Katie. Exactly what I was thinking, um you cheated on Chesney just cause you wanted to. I did like the scene where Gary just turned and said oh mum and hugged her.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Gary hugging his mom and not tearing into her for what she did was a nice moment. For a switch, the Sally and Tim un-engagement scene was very fun and entertaining!

Missy890

05-24-2011

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
Did I miss an episode? When did Jason's dad start working behind the bar? When did the envelope arrive for Gail from the burglar?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I didnt see anything to explain those things either!

Missy890

05-24-2011

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Cablejockey. With the soccer sometimes running over and not watching everyday I thought that I missed an episode.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think Tony was just behind the bar because he is Liz's be and just helping out. It's what I assumed , getting his feet under her table so to speak.

As for the letter, I guess Michael just wrote to her after she met him in that facilitating meeting.

The soccer grr! I have been taping during the night to avoid it. Did anyone see the Tina special or Gail one? I liked the Tina one, but haven't watched Gail yet.

Whispering -Eastenders on vision has been very good lately}

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I saw them both and they were pretty good. The Gail one was the best. So weird to see her when she first came on the show 40 years ago! The scenes with the actor who played Richard Hillman were so funny. And the actor who plays /David said she used to give him a little smack on the back of the head in scenes when he was a kid--that werent even in the script! Lol.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I did enjoy the Gail special, brought back memories. It was nice to see those little glimpses of Phyllis and Percy. And I remember her and Alma running the café.

Now on to the new Nick. I don't much care for him at all. I wonder what Leanne will do. I predict in the end Leanne will own the restaurant and Nick will have left to work for Uncle Stephen again in Canada. Gail is gonna freak when she finds out they threatened Michael. Plus everytime I see Kylie and David get all sanctimonious (even Steve, another jailbird did) on Michael I think excuse me, pot kettle? David has done far worse than burglary. Short term memories?

I am beginning to warm to Sally and Tim, they are humorous.

I wonder when the whole story about Andrea is going to come to light? and I think Marcus may finally start to wake up and smell the coffee when it comes to Todd. He really is a scumbag.

And what will happen to Izzy and Gary? I find it odd that they are all of the sudden making it seem like they have issues when it just seems they put all that to bed and were pulling together as a family. It just seems a little jarring like they had to come up with something bringing Kal's daughter on.

Also I do like the relationship going on with Leanne and Eva. It's nice. Also nice not seeing Sophie's grubby little girlfriend. Let's hope she stays on the coast with her brother. Maybe they can bring back Sian, or make her bi-sexual and have her fall for Kal's son. I believe he has a son appearing along with his mother.

hmm what else, of course I always like the cab office scenes which we have had a fair share of lately. I do keep waiting for Jim to get out. don'tcha know.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Oh Jim, he will make the show more interesting! I agree about Izzy and Gary suddenly having all these marital problems. We haven't seen much of them except in scenes with Owen and Anna until his big cheating scenes.
Nick is so dark and creepy these days. Can a head injury really change a person so much? Leanne is not going to get away from him so easily.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Carla let such a golden opportunity go by the other day when RTracy was at her about the young mechanic. Um RTracey do you remember Ryan?

Hmm how's rob going to pull hisself outta this one. It looked like he might have had a little accident standing there. I imagine he'll confess he found it in the ginnel and didn't want the witch he is marrying to know, that'll get him out of that hotspot she threw him in, and then somehow he'll pin it on peter.

So glad Marcus has found out about the odious Todd, but Maria will not be happy about how he acted in front of Liam and almost let him ride into the street.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I don't want Rob to get away with killing Tina, but I don't mind the odious Peter sitting in jail.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I keep getting annoyed at Stef. She knew Tina for all of what a month? and she carries on and they have made her such a pivotal person to Tina. Weird.

lol at Tracey saying she'd recognize a murdere.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Well, Tracey was a murderer at a point in her life! So ironic she hooked up with Rob.
When is Ken coming back--they keep mentioning him but no sight of him yet!
Steph, maddie and Katie could all disappear tomorrow and I wouldnt mind.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
but she was standing right next to Rob when she said it lol.

And yup, I was hoping maddie was not coming back.

I did see an itv message that ken is backin their screens this week.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Looks like
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Ken and Jim are back on the UK show
So I guess that is 2 weeks for the rest of us.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Kevin will ever come back.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Probably. I think they shipped him off to treatment after he admitted to using cocaine while he was off awaiting trial or something to that effect. He has been around for so long. They let Dev back after treatment and Lloyd, so I can see him coming back from "Germany".

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I feel a bit lost. I got to a point of having so much on my PVR that I was having to clear things off unwatched so that there would be room for Corrie! I was able to watch some last weekend and should be able to get caught up this weekend.

LOL at RTracy. I always think of her as Tracyluv!

I probably heard something incorrectly but I thought that Steph and Tina knew each other from sometime before Tina arrived on the street? Not sure where I got that from. However, I agree that she seems very proprietary about Tina. Even if they had known each other previously, they hadn't been close for years.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lawrie, Steph was Katie's friend. She only met Tina when Owen insisted she get a roommate. (how he could do that I don't know) So Tina had her move in. And she didn't seem to like her very much. I would have thought we would see Tyrone and Jason more affected by her death than some random roommate.

And I just hear Deirdre's smoky voice in my head. She's always RTracy this or Tracyluv that.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, August 04, 2014 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Owen owned the flat (or was subletting) and Tina couldn't pay the rent by herself, so she had to get a room mate or move out.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes I know he owned it (now lost to Tony I guess)but I still can't see how he could insist on a room mate. So I would have said shove it mate, I'm squatting! Kidding. Just a device to introduce her and then her brother.

Poor Steve, he really does get himself stuck in the middle of things. Obviously Neil is going to think he is the reason Andrea left.

Speaking of Tony, I can see the writing on the wall that he and Todd are going to ruin things for Jason.

And speaking of Owen, I really hate how they've treated Gary and Izzy, such a weird ending of their relationship.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I hope that they are not grooming Stef as a new partner for Nick. And he really has gone off the deep end. Although the scene with the ice cream van and him hightailing it away so mummy didn't see was funny.

Poor Gail, she is never going to find love again with those two boys around. And I don't understand the drama with Max having ADHD, why is it some focally story? Do the writers not have anything else to write about?

I was glad to see the hind end of Dennis, there was just nothing going on for him on the show.

they really need to get some storylines happening.

One other thing, that little boy who plays Simon must just love that he gets to bury his face in the 'bosom' of all these lovely girls who look after him. Leanne, Michele and now Maddy.