TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander - A Starz Original Series: Archive through August 26, 2014 users admin

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Outlander - A Starz Original Series will have it's U.S. premiere on August 9, 2014.
This series is based on the international best selling novels by Diana Gabaldon. STARZ Outlander Series

I have read the Outlander series of novels by Diana Gabaldon and look forward to watching this series. Anyone else going to watch?

Diana Gabaldon's Website and List of Novels from the Outlander Series

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
Counting the days!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I canNOT wait for this! I've seen the trailers, watched a streamed "fan event" from LA, and followed Sam on Twitter. He is definitely a hot Scot, but I'm even more excited that Ron Moore is the producer. His wife (the costume designer) is a HUGE Gabaldon fan, so he has strict orders not to screw it up! :-)

Bicbicz911

08-19-2005

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bicbicz911 a private message Print Post    
Love the books, can't wait for the series!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I forgot to post here that I watched the first episode last Sunday morning from a link that was posted on Facebook by Starz I believe. It was for U.S. viewers only.

It was hard for me to see the Jaime & Claire characters because I had a totally different vision of them in my mind from reading the books. With that said, I thought Episode 101 was well done as far as following the storyline. Beautiful scenery and the music is nice to listen to.

I have not subscribed to Starz so I'll have to find another way to watch this series. I've been reaching out to a few family members asking if they have Starz and if they will tape it for me. Still remains to be seen.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I've seen it twice now, and I love it! I doubt that it will be available elsewhere until the season ends (as that's Starz MO with popular series), but we've ordered it for 3 months. When the show goes on hiatus after 8 episodes, I'll cancel, and then we'll add another 3 months when they come back for the last 8 episodes in 2015.

I've watched almost all the interviews, panel discussions, fan events, etc. and I am so impressed with the cast's sense of humor, acting abilities, and overall likeability. I'm not a squeeing fangirl, but I am quickly turning into a drooling cougar over Sam! :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm glad to hear you both liked it. It doesn't start airing here until August 23!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"It doesn't start airing here until August 23!"

Are you in Canada? The Outlander premiere is set to air on Saturday, August 9 here in San Francisco.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Yup - Canada is way behind. Sorry about that! :-( Do you want to wait to discuss it until then so you don't have any spoilers? I'm sure I'll be watching each episode multiple times (and they will NEVER be erased from my DVR), so I am happy to discuss the show whenever you like.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Oh no that's okay. I'll just wander in after I've seen each ep and read. We are always a day late and a dollar short with our programming. On a couple of shows I watch we are seasons behind! But thank you, that was thoughtful of you.

I am very slowly reading the new book. Rationing it out. Although at the point I'm at I want to get back to roger and see what he is doing.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I liked it. Watched online yesterday. It's been a long time since I read the books though. And I only read about the first 5, I think. Started getting more into kids and grandkids and I lost interest. The show was good, so far. My sister said it had a lot of sex, and I said, well, so did the books. Will be a lot more now that Claire is with Jamie.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Oh, and I hope I can continue to watch online. I don't get Starz.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Sunday, August 10, 2014 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Jasper what channel is it on in Ontario. I have Bell Satellite TV

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It's on Showcase

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Awesome thanks Jasper!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Anyone know where I can watch the second episode online?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I think it's only available in Itunes Canada. Starz usually doesn't make their big series available until the end of the season.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I googled it and found it. Not the best quality, but I did watch and got to hear it too. I read it's been renewed for season two? And also that it's only six episodes in season one? Is that right? Seems like too few for all that happened.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I was just indicating that there aren't any legal copies available except through Itunes Canada.

Nope - not six shows - it's 16 episodes. They will do 8 in a row, go on hiatus for a 3-4 months, and then the second set of 8 will show in 2015. The second season will cover Dragonfly in Amber, but they haven't confirmed that it will also be 16 episodes.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That was sooo good! The 1.5 hours went by in a flash. It is staying very true to the book. I'll watch it again.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I finally found a watchable show this week. I think most of the ones that come up when googled are scams. But I found a free episode. Still enjoying it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Loved episode 3! The more Jamie, the better.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I wish I had`ve saved it, I do want to re-watch it and they`re not showing them on the station`s website. It sounds like I have lots to look forward to.

Tweety

04-14-2003

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tweety a private message Print Post    
Jasper, Showcase is repeating the first episode on Wed (Aug 27th) 10pm, Sat 10pm and Sunday 11:30am. (all times Eastern)

I agree I want to watch again as I found some of the dialogue hard to hear - but the scenery is fantastic!

I read books 1-6 many years ago. (didn't realize there were two more - will catch up!)

My first thought on Jamie - his hair should be redder and longer - but the voice is definitely what was in my head. As for Claire - I always imagined her as plainer. But not complaining - both actors are doing a fantastic job. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks Tweety