TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Longmire: Archive through August 28, 2014 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I agree....Walt and Vic as a "couple" just feels wrong.

I get the impression that Vic's husband has insecurity issues because he's pretty much the exact opposite of Walt, the big strong always-does-the-right-thing cowboy, for whom his wife has such strong loyalty and devotion.

Gorski even wondered aloud how Vic ended up with that "milquetoast" because he was so NOT Vic's "type'.

I sometimes think that Vic has some kind of requited (and unreciprocated) love for Walt, but she's in denial and refuses to admit her feelings for what they are. However I don't think Walt feels anything similar for Vic, aside from a fatherly, mentor kind of affection and a healthy respect for her work as his trusted deputy.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
This one of the better shows on TV. I do wish the season was longer though. I hope Henry comes out of this ok.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Whoa, really good show!!!! I can't wait to see it next week. I hope Henry is ok and he somehow can get his bar back or start a new one that everyone likes better than his old one.

And I want them to take care of that bad former Indian sheriff, or whatever his title was.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I do enjoy this show as I've probably said before, and I love Walt (and Henry, too!), but I will be very unhappy if this Vic/Walt thing ever happens. I hope the show doesn't let their relationship go in a romantic direction...that would really ruin it for me.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I haven't read the books, but from what I have been told Walt and Vic do end up together at least in the books. Who knows about the TV series though.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize there are books, LOL, but I wonder if they are closer in age in the books.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't know. I remember seeing the paperback books in the Western section at the library. It took me a long time to connect the books to the TV show. I'm not a western reader.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I had no idea last night was the season finale - NOOOO! I feel like the season just started and I want it to keep going! After shows like this, it's hard to watch network tv.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think it is one of the best shows on TV and I also think the season is way too short.

Not giving anything away, but who killed who?

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
What an ending!!! Hope A&E renews it next season!

Kspepr

06-27-2011

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kspepr a private message Print Post    
OMG loved the ending! Can't wait!!!!

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
"why do you have 2 shovels?"

"in case one broke"

I'm still chuckling over that! LOL

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I should have said, who shot who not who killed who or maybe no one got shot. I guess we will find out later, if they renew this show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Fingers crossed on this show being renewed. They're always so worried about whether the younguns are watching - I just wish they would worry about whether the show is GOOD and renew it based on that!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, I can't believe Longmire hit Vic in the nose, LOL! I know it was an accident but man, he hit her hard.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What is this bar? I thought Henry's bar burned down, I didn't see where this one was.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, "I think you are spending too much time with Walt you are picking up his speech patterns". aaaahhhhhhahahaahahaha

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy crap, would he really shoot his son????? And set up walt for it!!!

OMG, great ending, I just want to know who is dead, LOL, or if they are both just injured.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Dipo - I was confused about the bar as well.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Henry did not "burn down" his barn....he just torched it a little. :-)

http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2014/07/longmire-season-3-episode-9-counting-coup-ridges-branch-one-left-until-season-finale-edward-a-grainger

"We discover the trial has been moved because of witness availability. A deal is offered that if Henry pleads guilty, then he won’t get the death penalty. Cady Longmire's (Cassidy Freeman) counselor pal says that it’s a good idea and should be accepted. But Henry isn’t happy about it, because he’s innocent. Henry decides to take matters into his own hands, again. He phones Malachi, and as Henry prepares to torch the bar, he says he wants information on Darius or he’ll burn it down, because he knows Malachi needs The Red Pony to launder his dirty money. Malachi doesn’t immediately answer. And before you know it—poof!—Henry sets it afire. So now, he’s an arsonist, too?!"

-----

That's all the synopsis I found says about it, but I do remember that when Walt showed up at the bar, the firemen were there and the fire was out. Henry told Walt "If..." <this is the part I don't remember>..."the bar would've been burned to the ground". It had something to do with the deal he tried to make with Malachi about giving him the bar for information or he'd burn it down.

I also remember seeing the charred front of the bar behind Henry and Walt when they were talking and then Henry excused himself to go inside to "make sandwiches for the firemen because they're hungry", so I just assumed just the front exterior of the bar burned but most of the bar was still intact...at least enough to go back inside to make sandwiches!

Anyhow, I hope half an answer is better than none!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, thank you Sanfranjoshfan, that explains it, for some reason I thought it was burned up or that Malachi would now own it since he gave him the info.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Found more info, including the part I couldn't remember...I found a web site that las all the scripts from all three seasons of Longmire!

-----

Longmire Episode Scripts

<snip>

I've been thinking over your offer to buy this place, and I will sell it to you under one condition.
Tell me where Darius was when Walt's wife was murdered.
[Gasps] Or I can just burn this place to the ground.

Now, now, hold on, Henry.
This is crazy.
You don't want to lose your bar.
- You need this place.

- No.
You are the one who needs this place to launder your dirty money.
[Chuckles] Tell me where Darius was and I will sign the deed over to you right now.
No deal? Oh, well.

[Alarm beeping] Branch? [Beeps] [Sighs] Oh, shit.
[Police radio chatter] Henry, you all right? He did not do it.

What? Darius burns he did not kill Miller Beck.

How do you know that? Malachi Strand told me.

You can't be sure anything Malachi says is true.

This time, I can.
If he had not told the truth, the bar would be in ashes right now.

Did you start this fire?

I thought if I could get Malachi to tell me where Darius was when Miller Beck was killed, then Cady could link them together and we might have had a shot in court.

But my gamble did not pay off.

Turns out, Darius was in Connecticut, doing a job for Malachi when Miller Beck was murdered.

Well, Malachi might have told you that, but we still need to confirm it.

Cady already did.
When I go to prison, Malachi will own this place.
I should have just let it burn.
The fireman are hungry.
I promised I would make sandwiches.

<snip>

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=longmire&episode=s03e09

-----------------

So...looks to me like Henry got the fire put out right after Malachi answered his question...BUT that answer was not the one that Henry wanted. He made the deal to sell Malachi the bar "when he goes to prison"....but does that mean the deal is off if he (Henry) doesn't go to prison?

Henry is an honorable man so I don't think he'll refuse to hold up his end of the deal, but I don't know if Henry is so honorable that he would stick to that deal if he could get out of it on a technicality...like NOT "going back to prison".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think you are correct! So he still has his bar because he didn't go to prison!!! Yeah, that explains it all.

Thanks for all the research!

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
Cancelled

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/08/28/longmire-cancelled-by-ae-after-three-seasons/297670/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Noooooo!