TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 30, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 30, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm sitting here nervously trying not to click on the HIMYM thread until I watch the series finale.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Counting down, I'm 9 minutes into the finale.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I read in a forum, and I THOUGHT it was this one - about an android app that alerts you when a new episode of a tv show is on (per your personal settings) - I was sure I read it here but now I can't find the post, and I wanted to try it out

if anyone remembers that post (if I did read it here) could someone please direct me to it?

thanks!

p.s. getting old sucks LOL

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Tvwatcher, in the "Good Wife" thread, posted at:
Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 6:32 pm

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
thank you!! yes, that's where I saw it!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Here it is...

My niece turned me on to a nifty new android app called "TV Show Favs." It’s also available on Kindle. It's also a free app. After you sign up for an account, you plug in your favorite shows, and it will tell you when upcoming episodes are, and what episodes have already aired (and when). It also gives you season/episode numbers as well. If you keep up with it, it will also tell you which episodes you’ve watched, and what the next episode up is for you to watch. Whenever my niece comes over, she and sis kinda take over the TV, so I try to bump my shows upstairs to the DVR in my room. Unfortunately they don’t all take due to conflicts, and I was starting to try to write down lists on what shows I might be missing and need to catch on On Demand. I’ve only been playing with this app for about a week, and caught a few shows I would have been missing had I not kept the app updated.

It took a while to set it up, since I plugged in all my summer/spring/possible hiatus, etc shows into it. It was a bit tedious at first, cause I had to manually go in and mark each prior season as “watched.” Otherwise it will tell you your next unwatched episode is Season 1 Episode 1, LOL. That was especially tedious in long running shows, like Law & Order SVU, which is currently in its 15th season (and TAR and Survivor have a lot of seasons too). I think the first couple of shows I plugged in, I was going by each season and marking each individual episode as “watched.” Then I found where I could have it display each season, click a drop down menu, and click on “mark season as watched.”

As I set it up, I was able to clean up my DVR a bit, since the app also shows the status of the show, and I was able to erase a few cancelled shows from my DVR’s Favorites list. I’ve been able to figure out how to sync the info from one Kindle to the other (I inherited Mom’s Kindle, and keep it upstairs now for bedside stuff), by clicking on a feature that says, “refresh shows.” But I haven’t figured out how to have the same data I plugged into the Kindle to update on my phone (can’t find the “refresh shows" feature on it).

Anyway, I thought I’d clue you in on the app, since it is a handy little tool. If you go looking for it in your App store, the icon is a blue (or maybe teal) TV shape, with the letters TV on the tv screen.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here is a video laugh for the day. Tom Hanks did this a few years ago for Jimmy Kimmel's show. It's about Tom prepping his "daughter" for a Toddlers and Tiaras pageant. I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPLWKBWkn3s

"She looks like a Bratz doll."

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
CBS announces Colbert will take over Lettermans spot. Yuck. I guess I still won't watch.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Why not move Craig Ferguson up? That's crazy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think so too Gurlie. Or for heavens sake,how bout a woman like Tina Fey,Amy Poeler or Chelsea Handler.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
VEEP - This new season started slow and had me worried but now it is going full steam. I watched the "Clovis" episode twice and it just got funnier. They did a send up of Silicon Valley and they did it so well! Great cast and GREAT writers on this show!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have been seeing all the talk and gowns from the MetBall and I realize that I don't have a clue what the event is for or about. Anyone know?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wiki says:

"The Met Gala, formally called the Costume Institute Gala and also known as the Met Ball, is an annual fundraising gala for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute. It also serves as an opening celebration for the institute's annual fashion exhibit."

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks Naja.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I think I watch too many shows! I'm behind on...

The Americans
Bates Motel
Game of Thrones
Orphan Black
Fargo
Elementary
The Mentalist
Nurse Jackie

ETA-These are just the ones I am behind on. I watch plenty more. LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't believe it. Tonight I don't have a single show scheduled to record during primetime. Everything on tv is either reruns, or something I don't watch. I love it. I would like a couple weeks of this to clear my brain.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My Granny's senior village has done something I consider really awful to do to someone in their 90s. They changed their cable company and now not one single channel has the same number is used to have, and my Granny can't find her shows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
VH1 is playing "I love the 2000's" marathon today, it is so fun to watch this, LOL.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Not nice Naja. They should give them something that helps them, like a channel matching sheet or something. :-(

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Having a tea and watching the morning news. They are discussing Kate's (Dutchess of Cambridge) recent visit with veterans. I hadn't heard this before but apparently her grandmother (and her sister) worked at Bletchley Park!! How fascinating. I loved watching the last few seasons of the show about those codebreakers. Reminds me to go hunt down whether or not there will be another season.

ETA: For anyone else who was enjoying the series, there has not been a 3rd season renewal for Bletchley Circle but there is a movie coming out this fall starring Benedict Cumberbath, Kiera Knightley that is about Alan Turing and is based at Bletchley Park.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Oops, too late to add it to original post but meant to add the link to the news article..

Duchess of Cambridge opens Bletchley Park restored centre

Probably also usefull if I said the name of that upcoming movie which is: The Imitation Game

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Have you guys watched RUSH on USA? It cracks me up that he still listens to CD's and gets annoyed when they have scratches. I was LMAO when he was driving down the road singing his heart out to Michael Bolton, LMAO.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Naja, When my mother went into the nursing home, I made her a poster that had the main channels she watched with the numbers matching the shows and the time. I did it in large black letters on a large poster board and pinned it to the wall in her room. It only took her a few days to memorize most of the new info. I was amazed at how quickly she adapted.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Allie, it's been over a month since I posted that and my Aunt Nancy has taken care of everything :-)

Calamity

10-18-2001

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Since I don't have night classes anymore, I'm slowly getting into the swing of watching shows again. I hardly saw anything this past season (besides Cosmos) but am kinda getting caught up with summer reruns. But it's funny how I keep forgetting to tune in. Guess I just got out of the habit - and, well, there's not a lot that I enjoy watching anymore.

I've watched more of The Middle and am still enjoying it (despite the yelling :-) ). On the other hand, feeling a bit lukewarm about The Big Bang Theory, at least the few new epis I've seen so far. I prefer The Millers which comes on after it. I'd only seen him in wacky roles before so Will Arnett has been a surprise as a very good, yet still funny, straight man on this show. It's not a great show but it's good. And I'm really liking the summer series Welcome to Sweden.

And...that's all the shows I'm now watching except for my usual PBS science & arts programs & waiting for Doctor Who to return this month. And TCM, of course.

More channels than ever but less and less to watch. Still have a few good comedies to enjoy but I miss the 90's with such hour-long dramas as Northern Exposure, Homefront, Picket Fences, Now and Again, The X-Files, ER, and others. And tv-movies that aren't all Hallmark or Lifetime domestic dramas or limp romances. I'm totally burned out on twisty, unsatisfying conspiracy shows (that was the fate of The X-Files too), and never cared that much for prime time political soaps, most lawyer shows (besides Boston Legal), and crime shows so there's not much to choose from.