TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 26, 2014 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, May 30, 2014 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think Maria has been with most everyone on the street! It's hard to put Maria with the Nick they have now because he looks like he could be her father. I think when she followed him it may have been when she had her daughter. She hasn't been with Steve or David. But yeah she is unlucky it the love department. Fiz is also probably a little worried because she stole Ty off of Maria all those years ago.

It really is such an incestuous street to live on!

I haven't watched today's show yet I watched DCI Banks instead. It was a good one.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 3:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
I was a little confused about the $5K too. I thought Owen borrowed $80K from the bank. So when he mentioned 5K, I remember thinking what?

But then I thought maybe he means that he still has to pay 5K. He borrowed 80K got 75K from Tony and that left 5K owing?????

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Maybe thats what owing and they cant pay it back without selling off everything?
It is an incestuous street! No wonder all the women go gaga when a new man shows up!!
I love all the Insp Banks books and have read most of them, but I dont know whether I like the tv version as I've only seen one. Is the tv show true to the books?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Re the money. He said after all is done they could repay 5k on the loan. Maybe he had a mortgage on the builders.

I've not read any of the books, but they are good stories.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I watched CJ, I think Maria's cards are marked. Fiz knows exactly who the culprit is now.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
OMG Tina leave already!! She's been leaving for a about a year now.

We haven't seen much of David but when they have him on they gave him two really good one liners that made me laugh.

We need a some good looking guys on the show. Maybe one of them as a bad guy to wreck havoc or maybe even a woman to stir things up. The street is getting a little bit tired. Here we go again with Peter and two women.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
Anyone remember crazy Maya?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Was that the woman who blew up Dev's shops and tried to kill Sunita! She certainly was the target of a couple of crazies!
Doesn anyone find Rob's concern for his sister a little more than sisterly? He hasnt done anything overtly, but it just seems he is closer to her with such an intensity than you see with Maria and Kirk or Chesney and Fiz.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
No, I don't see Rob like that. I think his character is just intense and with the whole Peter thing and knowing she is pregnant he's a little overbearing. Plus I think he has buckets of guilt from trying to screw her over and from not being in her life for so, when she was raped, he now feels he needs to be her protector.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes that is true. I forgot about his battles with her over the business and not being there for her.
Leave it to Tracey to force Carla to talk about her pregnancy in The Rovers--now everyone knows! Including Tina, who should have jumped in that taxi instead of looking for Peter. It was hard to see her and Rita fighting over her being with that man!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I know I hate Tina and Rita being at odds. Ridiculous.

And yes Missy I remember Maya. Dev has had a couple of bunny boilers in his dating roster.

Oh Gail is gong to go on a rampage now! Poor nick is going to find out from his mommy.

And I wonder if Maria is off the show or just on holiday?

Oh and don't you just know my Steve is going tomgetmin trouble eventually because of course Michelle will find out he knew about Tina and Peter.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well! Well, well. What does everyone think of this development?

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Sorry to see Tina leaving, because she was a natural with everyone she worked with, from kids to the men and the women, in the vein of Steve and Becky worked, Steve and Michelle don't.

Corrie needs to lighten up with a whole lot of comedy, which has been sorely missed.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
We will have to see what the next week brings. But I agree, we definitely need to see more real fun moments. I would love to see the backpedalling from Steve if both Karen and Becky showed up for a visit to friends. lol He'd be hiding behind that grungy old chair. (and no I don't mean Liz!)

Missy890

05-24-2011

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
That would be fantastic. I would love to see the one and only Karen McDonald. She was such a natural on Corrie. She made it look like she wasn't even acting and she had great chemistry with Steve.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
they were a great couple. and she was such a fireball. I think she said in an interview that she didn't want a third season of Scott and Bailey (which is very good) so there is hope.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It looks like we may have a who killed Tina storyline drag on. It appears Rob will get his wish to railroad peter.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Rob is also a natural while Peter is not, so now Rob will be gone by next year.
Murderers are not liked, but I did like John Stape as the bumbling murderer.
That was great writing and acting.
I am having a fit because of the scheduling of Corrie.
First I had to endure Hockey and now Soccer.
Sunday is the saving grace, but sometimes I'm gone.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Its been very difficult to find out where this show has jumped to as sports programming pushes it to one side!
What a week! I cannot believe that Tina survived that fall, only to start threatening Rob! And he feels compelled to bash in her head while Peter spills the beans to Carla.
I saw a different side to David this week as he stayed by Tina's side, and comforted Rita when she heard that Tina had died! So nice to see that David can be good. And how eerie was it to hear Tina's monitor beeping slowly to a stop as we could see the people on the street going about their business! Her death is gong to affect so many--Rita, Simon, Peter, Carla, Tracey and Rob of course, for months to come.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Csnog - what did you mean Rob is also a natural while Peter is not? Do you mean to the Street? I'm having a dumb moment and not following.

That was eerie Cable seeing them all almost super-imposed over Tina's struggle. Where the hell is her mother? I did feel for Rita and David and to see only them and Steph a new character by her side was sad.

However, having Steve down talking to the police so often is stupid imo and we all know Michelle will have a meltdown when she learns he knew and it will be his fault Carla lost the baby. she's already said if Liz had said something it all could have been stopped..

I wonder what Tim is really up to? Time will tell.

As for the time change, it has just moved to the one time slot, 11am for me. Although it started late the one day for the coverage of the RCMP funerals, which I'm not complaining about, I just jumped it to the I think 2am showing as I did for Tuesday as well because I lost power. I think it stays put at that time until the soccer is over. so I think you and I are in the same timezone, but I don't know about Csnog. I do hate watching it on the internet though if I missed something. But yeah there is always Sunday. I do love my PVR!

Csnog

07-18-2002

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Rob is a natural actor. One of the few not stilted like Peter is and I can't help but look at Kals eyebrows constantly... I also love Roy for his naturalness. Put Fizz, Julie, Norris and Tyron in that class.....The rest always look as though they are acting...But back in the day we had Eddie Yeats, Stan (he could never change)Vera and Jack, Mavis, Alma, Bet Lynch used to keep us entertained as Becky did later.
Tim always seems to be up to something as long as he doesn't have to work... He's a filler...I suspect that when Kevin returns (again)we may have a storyline,
It's summertime.....We need some laughs instead of constantly living on murderers row. ("Dudes" must be writing instead of longtime writers.)
Wonder how the show is going to hide the 2 new babies due.
Canada blocks me even though I live next door, so If I miss the day I can try a few you tubes or wait till Sunday.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I find it amusing that the two murderers are partners, but I wish Peter had been the murderer, so we could get rid of him. That character is a total waste of space. The actor's so good, that I cringe when he slithers around Carla.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I have said it before, I just prefer drunk bigamist Peter. He has turned into this mewling twit. always the woe is me whining. Lol slithers is so good. He is a snake oil salesman.

And Puzzled, don't they say like attracts like? lol, but you just know RTracey will be so appalled when she finds out, or maybe she'll be giving him tips on how to get off a murder charge. who knows though, by the time they figure it out and Rob goes away Tracey will probably be banged up along with Tony. I know when Jim, I say, comes back he'll be shopping Tony to the coppers!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
LOL, Jasper, like attracts like. I'm glad Jim is coming back. Someone else is coming back, too, and I can't wait.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Cilla's coming back!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 26, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ohhh! What fun! For us not them. Should be interesting.

Anyone else find it odd that Tina's mom is just appearing now? Where was she when she was lying in the hospital? I did read that she
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
will be moving to the street