TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 29, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Syfy is changing round it's Monday line up. From this coming Monday (I think) it will be:

8pm Bitten (was 10pm)
9pm Being Human
10pm Lost Girl

I've taped Bitten but haven't got around to watching it yet, not sure whether I will or not.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Besides Helix that I'll watch until I see it can't go anywhere.. I like watching The Tomorrow People and Almost Human. They have something new and futuristic that it keeps me interested.

Not much sci-fi on tv these days, Intelligence, I don't think it's really sci-fi, but that one too is already getting boring... at least for me.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So far, I like Opposite Worlds too (it's a reality competition show).

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I liked the first episode of Bitten, and Helix has potential, but I'm not usually fond of shows set in the Antarctic, or wherever that is.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Regarding Helix - does the virus have a sort of intelligence? Can the head of the base (with the funny eyes) control it? Is this alien influence?
In the 3 hours we've seen there are so many ways this can go. We're giving it a few more episodes before we say "yay" or "nay".

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
A new vampire type show is debuting on March 11. It's on the "El Rey" network, and it's called 'From Dusk Till Dawn'...yep, they're taking the 1996 Tarantino/Rodriguez flick and making it a series.

Jake Busey, Robert Patrick, and Don Johnson are the big names attached to it.

DirecTV channel 341. Not sure about the other providers.

It ought to be a hoot, no doubt.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Fifth and final season of Warehouse 13 starts Monday April 14th at 9pm (just six episodes).

Continuum Season 3 starts Friday April 4th at 10pm on Syfy (three weeks' delay after the episodes air on Showcase in Canada).

Syfy are also having a "Face off for creature design" called Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge, and that starts March 25 at 10pm.

http://tvline.com/2014/02/14/warehouse-13-final-season-premiere-date-continuum-season-3/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heroes is being resurrected with a new cast. Not sure when, but thought I'd share. :-)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I was coming to say that too! Lol Im new to Heroes,only into season 2 but addicted. Lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have quick question for someone that knows everything about the original X-Files TV series.

I went to IMDB to see how old Gillian Anderson is right now, and I clicked through to the X-Files page.

It says Gillian was in 201 episodes of X-Files, but David Duchovny was only in 176.

My question(s) is:

Why what happened that David missed so many episodes? Did he take off a season or something? How did they explain it on the show?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Last one or two seasons he was gone some of the time, Naja. He showed up in a few episodes here and there. It's been a while since I watched any of them and I'm fuzzy on why he was gone. An alien abduction, but I don't remember if it was really an alien abduction or not. Or how he got back (if they found him or he escaped?) Robert Patrick took his place the last two seasons as Scully's new partner. Oh, and there was another FBI woman who showed up, maybe the last season? to work with Patrick (whose character name I can not remember.)

Heh, I think I just figured out a new show to introduce to my kidlets, lol.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, he was first abducted, then when he came back the bad guys were after him because he knew too much, so he had to hide out. I think Scully had only small roles in a lot of the last season too, until they built up to the big finale.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, thanks Kitt and Wargod :-) I have been toying with the idea of watching it from the beginning. But not until summer.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh you should Naja. The series really holds up, it's still as intense and creepy as ever, especially the first two seasons.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Just watched the new Continuum and it promises to be just as good as the first season.

But is anyone watching the new Cosmos series, I think it's fascinating but it's not sci-fi, although that imaginary spaceship is just what I like to see in this series, I put myself in the narrator's chair, wow!! And just now we've got the proof the big bang was real... but although we now know the 'how', unfortunately we'll never know the 'why', now we know the telescope doesn't have to go any further because there is nothing beyond that... only our imagination.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm glad about Continuum, it doesn't start here until April 4th.

I'm hoping Cosmos will have multiple reruns on the Discovery type channels over the summer, as I'm too busy for it at the moment.

The 100 starts tonight on the CW. Might be a bit teenager-y as it's the CW but I'm giving it a go.
http://cwtv.com/shows/the-100/about

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I watched the 100, so far so good, it has potential unless it turns out to be just another sci-fi horror show. 100 years after the earth nuclear destruction is not long enough to see the changes we see in the show, maybe radiation levels are diminished but not disappeared and whatever life has survived did not have long enough to evolve that way. If it was maybe 1000 years afterwards, maybe, just maybe it would be more possible.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Might be a bit teenager-y as it's the CW but I'm giving it a go."

I ran across an article with comments at the bottom about this show (sorry, no link). Someone posted there that he or she was surprised that so many "elderly" people were on this show because it's on the CW network.

The oldest people on that show seem to be Isaiah Washington, Henry Ian Cusick, Kelly Hu, and Paige Turco! If those actors are "elderly", at 63 years old I must be "one of the ancients".

I liked the first episode...it had a lot more going on than the typical CW love triangle or quadrangle....but it could easily slip into "Lord of the Flies on Planet Abercrombie".

From the trailers for next week, looks like the hundred kids could be viewed as interlopers by the currently unknown and unseen local population. They did find what they believed to be large monkey tracks...so maybe they'll have to deal with a tribe of BigFeet. Or would that be Bigfoots? :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The bigfeet looked animal, but the thing shooting at them seemed to be a human, unless the monkeys have grown enough to clothe themselves.

Very engaging first episode but I have the same concern, it might turn into Lord of the Flies (Planet Abercrombie, lol).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"unless the monkeys have grown enough to clothe themselves."

Heck, it might be "Planet of the Apes" meets "Lord of the Flies"!

I won't even begrudge them a typical CW love triangle as long as one of the Bigfeet is included.

Now that's a sci-fi show!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I cant wait to see what this turns out to be. http://wilwheaton.net/2014/04/the-wil-wheaton-project/

Syfy has greenlit the 12-episode summer series, The Wil Wheaton Project (working title), a weekly topical comedy show hosted by actor and champion of geek culture Wil Wheaton. The 30-minute show will offer a funny, fast-paced exploration and celebration of science fiction and genre entertainment. The series premieres Tuesday, May 27 at 10PM ET/PT on Syfy.

Each week, Wil provides his insider point-of-view, sense of humor and expertise as he dissects the week’s most popular and trending topics across sci-fi film, television and pop culture, as well as video games, viral videos and news. Wil is on his feet for the rapid-fire half hour, delivering sharp, straight-to-camera commentary as he riffs his way through content clips. The result is a fun appreciation for all things science fiction.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just seen a trailer for season two of In The Flesh, that BBC America zombie show from last year set in Lancashire, where they try to integrate those who come back with society (by putting make up and contact lenses on them) but society isn't always too pleased about it.

Starts May 10 on BBC America, a four minute reminder of last season is here:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/in-the-flesh/videos/season-1-in-4-minutes/

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, in my mind there was no way a show about zombies being dressed and made up to fit into society again could be anything but a comedy, but I looked it up and it's a drama! Wow. I'm not looking at that 4 minute recap because I am downloading season 1 right now and I want to be surprised.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's a strange series, it was kind of billed as a zombie show but it's not so much that as a show about prejudice and fear of the unknown. Actually I suppose it's a bit like Resurrection. It's interesting and pretty British, I hope you like it.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I'm a little weird, but I'm into Metal Hurlant. I know it's not new, but it's new to me, and it partially fulfills my old Outer Limts addiction. It's not the Outer Limits, nothing ever will be I'm afraid, but this is entertaining.

The 100 is getting better and better. I hope it makes a 2nd season.