TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Orphan Black: Archive through June 08, 2014 users admin

Sam

05-02-2004

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sam a private message Print Post    
I thought that "seestra" was Helena saying "sister" in her heavy Ukrainian accent. It turns out, though, that in both the Russian and Ukrainian languages, the word for "sister" is pronounced "sestra."

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Oh! So interesting, Sam. Now it all makes sense.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Swan man@ I am not sure what they are trying to find out after they know they are an experiment. But another I have to watch it again show. I miss so much, I have to watch is with closed caption on.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
So Dr. Leeky who seems so kind and helpful is really evil? The deeper Sarah goes into this, the more complex it gets! I cant keep half the plot straight week to week!
Poor Helena went back to that farm--Sarah should have been there to keep her from falling back into their hands.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Finally watched this weeks episode. The guy in the bar with the baseball hat with Helena, he was so familiar to me....then it hit me at the end it's MIKE ROSS (Main characters name) from the show Suits!!!! lol

Another brilliant episode. I don't feel sorry for Helena, she wants to have her 'babies like her'. I bet that young girl is relieved she doesn't have to have them implanted in herself. lol

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
I feel sorry for Helena. She lost her boyfriend. LOL.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Gmggraham....lol

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Oopsie, Donnie!!

I love this show.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Rieann...lol

One minute you're in...and the next you're not. Poor Dr. Leekie. I hate when that happens.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Interesting commentary from the creator:
"We knew Dr. Leekie was going to die in season 2."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/31/orphan-black-john-fawcett-aldous-leekie/

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Sarah's Presentation: "Oh you want me to play Donnie playing Alison." lol

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Sunday, June 01, 2014 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
Just love this show! Donnie's face when he shot Leekie was great!

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
For a science fiction drama, it sure has some funny moments.

Sam

05-02-2004

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sam a private message Print Post    
Felix carrying an unconscious Vic down the hall and thwacking his lolling head into a doorway did it for me.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
I like that Alison put so much thought into the beautiful striped gloves she made for Vic.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
Me too Sam. Felix and Allison together are fun. And drunk Felix in Art's arms?! Too much!!
You would think that the light moments wouldn't work in such an intense show. But they actually blend in wonderfully. IMO
Can't wait until Saturday's episode!

Sam

05-02-2004

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sam a private message Print Post    
Felix and Allison are my favorite TV couple.

She really did put some thought into that pair of 9-fingered gloves, although how she managed to knit that complicated pattern with one arm in a sling is rather magical. She put about as much thought into the gloves as she put into making Donnie's Family Day nametag perfectly plain, when the others she made were all fancied up. Ally is an expert at playing the passive-aggressive card. I love her.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Never thought about that "magical" knitting part. Very funny writers, though. They really come up with some funny, wacky ideas like the gloves and Vic's slapstick moments.

Sam

05-02-2004

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sam a private message Print Post    
They do the juxtaposition of violence and dark humor really well. When Helena isn't trying to murder someone, she is hilarious. Knowing all the words (I won't say "singing" because, well...) to Sugar Sugar.

Another thing that made me laugh was when Helena was dancing with her Bar Boyfriend, the music on the jukebox was Crazy. Ha!

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Helena is my favourite character!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OMG, I was so excited when we met Tony,I started bouncing up and down in my seat. have to go back and watch, then in the flesh, then replay OB.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Tony/Trans the newest edition to the clone family is very interesting. Very curious to see where that story line goes.

Next week looks like its going to be quite exciting. We're back to Helena, Cosima, and dead Dr. Leekie.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Felix after meeting Tony... "Holy Tilda Swinton".

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
lol Rieann. Felix sure is a "sister kisser."

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 08, 2014 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
LOL- Yes he is!

I want to see Helena's reaction to Tony... and Tony's reaction to Helena.