TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through June 16, 2014 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I remember reading the book and wondering how they were going to show it on tv. Great job. So dark.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I felt exhausted at the end of the show, like I had been through the battle myself. That's how I know they did a good job portraying it.

But I was a teeny bit distracted hoping for some Tyrion scenes.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, I'm sure Tyrion will be back next week for the season finale. Quite sure!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
It's the season finale already? That seemed quick.

I haven't read the books, but this finale will have what I've been waiting for! Wheeee! Can't wait!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm not telling. But you'll enjoy it.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, the season finale and Tyrion....

I love watching this show with someone who hasn't read the books.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Is it more than this...

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Tyrion catches Tywin and Shae having sex and kills them both

That's the spoiler I heard about and have been eagerly awaiting. Lol

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is essentially what happened in the book though they have changed some things up for the show in the past so we can't be certain what they'll do.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jimmer.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I hope there's one thing they don't change in this episode!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Merrysea - how a certain character is killed? Or should I say "where"?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Yep!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup! That's what I was thinking, too! Can't wait!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
And it was well done. Not sure how I feel about the final scene yet. It was a little bit of a let down.

But I did love the fight with the hound and of course the famous death.

Also thought the Bran going to the tree was well done.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My only complaint is they didn't devote more time to Tyrion's scenes. They felt a little lacking in detail.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Loved the fight (not in the book but well done)!
Tyrion's scenes were straight from the book.
Felt so bad for Dany, I kept saying "the dragons won't understand why, they are not going to like mommy".
It was much faster than in the book, but getting Arya on the boat to Bravos was well done as well.
I stopped reading middle book 4 so cool to get to some stuff I wasn't spoiled for, but konashark remembers.
And Stannis' arrival was well done as well. I truly felt that Jon loved Igrit.
And now we wait another year.
UGH!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I was so nervous during the Brienne/Hound fight scene. I didn't want Brienne to die. I'm glad she won.

Dany's dragons were such cute babies... now they've become unruly psychotic teenagers. Those teenage years are rough on Mom's.

Trying hard not to make the lame joke of Tywin getting killed on "the throne". It is Game of Thrones after all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kona said: Tyrion's scenes were straight from the book.

The actual actions were, but some really poignant discussion was not. That's what I was referring to.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes the Tyrion scene did not make a lot of sense in the show compared to the book. It was rather out of context. In the book, when Tyrion got angry over his father calling a woman a wh*re his father was referring to Tyrion's first wife (who as it turned out was certainly not a wh*re but truly loved Tyrion). He wasn't referring to Shae at all.

The whole story about Tyrion's first wife was tragic and that story was totally eliminated from the TV series. It further explains Tyrion's hatred of his father and why the wh*re reference provoked Tyrion to kill him.

Great series but missing certain nuances that make the books even better.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the background from the books. :-)

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
The whole story about Tyrion's first wife was tragic and that story was totally eliminated from the TV series.

I have not read the books, but I'm pretty sure Tyrion talked about this in the TV series. Or did you mean something else?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Did Tyrion talk about it already in the TV series? I just assumed that he hadn't as they chose to not go that route in the events leading up to him killing his father. Instead, Shae was given a much more positive spin in the TV show than she was in the book (where her feelings toward Tyrion were much more ambivalent) and Shae became the impetus for Tyrion killing his father.

What did Tyrion say about his first wife in the TV series?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I think Tyrion told Shae about his first wife when he first met her and I think he and Jamie talked about it. Someone else here will have a better memory than me. :-)

ETA... He said his first wife was a hooker that Tywin bought for him (he didn't know she was a hooker) and that he loved her very much. That's all I have in my memory bank at the moment.

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I watched the first 3 seasons over a couple of weeks just before this season started, so it's all a blur, but I think I found it. Tyrion talked about it during the drinking game with Bronn and Shae (shortly after they met). From Season 1, Episode 9:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Baelor

quote:

Reluctantly, Tyrion explains that when he was very young, he and Jaime were out riding near Casterly Rock and found a young common girl in distress from bandits. While Jaime chased the bandits off, Tyrion comforted the girl, whose name was Tysha. They ended up getting drunk at a local inn, and she became so enamored of him that Tyrion felt like he wasn't an ugly dwarf. Later that night she had sex with Tyrion, the first time he was ever with a woman. Tyrion fell madly in love, and bribed a drunken septon to marry them in secret. However, two weeks later his father Tywin found out, and was utterly furious that his son had married a commoner. Tywin forced Jaime to reveal the truth: the girl was a prostitute and Jaime set the situation up to do something nice for his little brother. Tywin then instructed his guards to have sex with her, with her being paid a silver coin for each man, while Tyrion was forced to watch.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Except that wasn't the truth. Tysha wasn't a prostitute. Tysha was just a girl who loved Tyrion. Tywin told Jaime to lie to Tyrion and tell him she was a prostitute. Jaime told Tyrion the truth (in the book) right before Tyrion killed Tywin. That is why Tyrion was so angry when his father repeatedly called Tysha a wh*re.