TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through June 18, 2014 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm still befuddled by Lester approaching Malvo at the table in Vegas instead of just walking away.

That scene where Malvo is listening to the tape recording. Was that the grocery owner? It was hard to understand what the other voice was saying on the recording, but he was talking about his family. I'm guessing the money is still buried.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl - I'm thinking the same, that was the grocery store owner.

I thought Lester only bought 1 ticket ("1 passenger" was on the screen shot of the computer). He sent her in wearing his jacket on purpose.

Agree with everyone, I was on the edge of my seat and high anxiety the entire episode after the elevator shootings. Just waiting for Malvo to show up, and then in the Diner - really worried for everyone at that point. Frak he's so cold.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The recording was hard to understand (and I listened to it three or four times), but I thought the voice said "his father and son" were gone before he said tell his wife that "he loved her." That's why I'm thinking it was the grocery store owner. Now if a year later, Malvo is doing a hit job for $100,000, that would kind of tell me maybe he didn't get the money that the grocer buried in the snow.

That scene in the diner Frank and Lou was intense.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I rewound to listen to the recording too and could barely understand it. concluded the same -- that it was the grocer as I can't think of anyone else it could be.

Someone had to of found that money during the summer thaw during the year we skipped. Maybe that will be season 2. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm so sad... this is going to be the last show of this story arc.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I know. Bummer! It has been a fun ride. I'll be crying in my popcorn tomorrow...

Bicbicz911

08-19-2005

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bicbicz911 a private message Print Post    
Egbok, I completely get what you are saying about the cafe scene. It was written and acted like a well-choreographed ballet scene. The tension was palpable. Molly enters through the back the moment Malvo exits the front. A whoosh of relief escaped me. Lou is too smart for his own good.

I also think Tishala is right on the money with the Colin Hanks role assessment. So understated but so integral to the plot.

What an unexpected masterpiece made for cable. So delicious!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I still think they will recycle some of the actors as new characters next season ala American Horror Story.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm so sad... this is going to be the last show of this story arc."

On the bright side, the finale is a 92 minute episode!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
YAY!!! I can't wait to see what happens.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's on so late here I might not be able to watch until Thurs night because I have other event son Weds! We'll see if I can resist, or if I'll just stay up late Tues!

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I hear ya Brenda! I'll probably have to wait until it's on demand!

Sallycat22

08-31-2005

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sallycat22 a private message Print Post    
I thought the recording was when he went to that guy's office and walked out after killing him. I didn't think about it being the Grocery King. Maybe we will find out tonight!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
<image removed>

<You're welcome to try again with a smaller sized image. However, we also need a link to credit the source of the image. Thanks! ~TVCH Mods>

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well crap... didn't realize the picture was that big.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think you can use the Resizer at the way top of the page to fix that.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
EXCELLENT finale tonight!

Collin Hanks was amazing and I was holding my breath through his whole big scene with Malvo. That look of evil and hate on Malvo's face in the final moments of that scene was mesmerizing and chilling, not to mention Emmy worthy. I got chills.

I love this show! It just calmly leads me down the garden path of unpredictability, shock, awe, evil, and goodness - all at the same time and in perfect harmony. You just can't beat that. It was the perfect season of a perfect show. Hopefully there are many more seasons to come.

I'm ready for more..a LOT more!

Is it next year yet?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... what SFJF said

It was so well done and so true to the movie. There are TV shows that I "like" to watch, but Fargo falls in my "love" category.

Sallycat22

08-31-2005

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sallycat22 a private message Print Post    
I liked the ending. I must admit I laughed out loud when Lester fell through the ice and we saw the episode's opening shot of the hole in the ice.

Malvo bloody grin was chilling. Everyone stepped up to their roles. Where ever I see their faces in future roles I will remember "Fargo"

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Perfect ending!!!! (except for those poor FBI guys and the car salesman!).

So glad Malvo was killed by the Colin Hanks character!! And Lester died by skating on thin ice!!!!

Just perfect. They all deserve Emmy's...all of them!!!

Sallycat22

08-31-2005

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sallycat22 a private message Print Post    
Well, about that car salesman....who drove the second car away? Maybe him? When Lester looked out both cars had disappeared from his front drive way.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Sally - I just watched that scene again, and you are right, there was no second car. Maybe Malvo let him go...

Sallycat22

08-31-2005

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sallycat22 a private message Print Post    
They are giving the body count at 41. I am wondering about the car salesman and the Oliver Platt character...Grocery King. Are they in that count?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Emmy worthy face:
malvo
(Image - screenshot from the finale episode)

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, your post is excellent and it says it all for me!!

Question. Who remembers the riddle Malvo told Gus? And what is the answer? Will we ever know? Probably not and that's just one little piece of this show that will stay with me.

Looking forward to the Emmys!!