TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 14, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Rizzoli & Isles: Archive through March 14, 2014 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that there was no R&I thread, so I started this one for this news story.

‘Rizzoli & Isles' Actor Lee Thompson Young Commits Suicide

young

Lee Thompson Young, an actor seen currently on TNT’s “Rizzoli & Isles,” was found dead Monday, reportedly of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

TMZ.com first reported the story here. The actor’s death and suicide were later confirmed by TNT, “Rizzoli & Isles" creator Janet Tamaro and the actor’s manager, Jonathan Baruch.

“Everyone at ‘Rizzoli & Isles' is devastated by the news of the passing of Lee Thompson Young,” said a statement issued Monday afternoon by TNT on behalf of the network and the show’s cast and crew.

<snip>

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/08/19/rizzoli-isles-actor-dead-from-possible-suicide-report/

-------------------

The role he played on "R&I" was Detective Barry Frost and that was one of my favorite characters. So sad....he seemed to have a lot going for him, good role on a popular and successful tv show, etc..

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
WOW I liked him a lot on the show. He was good with Frankie. He will be missed. RIP so sad

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
This is so sad. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really like the show and was so sad to hear that he died so young.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm taping the show right now and looked up and saw him. I just can't believe it. I loved him so much on this show. He was quietly sexy. I read elsewhere he had been depressed.

One would think he had everything going for him. So sad he felt he didn't.

I feel awful for his family and cast mates.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 4:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Watching last night's episode was emotional, and the tribute at the end brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry for the pain he must have been suffering.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
This makes me so sad. He was so young and had such a nice future. It's too bad he didn't accept or go looking for help. :-(

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's so hard to watch this show with him in it, knowing he died so tragically.

Depression is an unrelenting beast.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Oh how sad! Mom and I watched him as a kid on The Famous Jett Jackson.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I just love this show. I particularly love the close caretaking friendship of the 2 women and then of course there is the humor. Very sad about Lee Thompson. As Karuuna has stated depression is an unrelenting beast...well said K

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"AM I being wordy", LMAO. I love this show and the dynamic with all the actors. Lee will be missed.

Lobster

04-13-2001

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lobster a private message Print Post    
This is one of my favorite shows and I'm finding it hard to watch since the death of Lee Thompson Young. It's sad.

I also enjoy all the actors, but I have problems with how they have rearranged the City of Boston and Massachusetts just to tell their stories. I know it's just a show, and I usually can let that stuff go, but it kinda irks me.

Sometime in the second season for the first time ever, they mentioned the part of Boston that I live in--Hyde Park. Which was really cool, cuz you never hear about it. (Except on Boston's Finest, also on TNT) The problem I had was that they made it sound like Hyde Park was near Salem, it's more than an hour away. They showed the Zakim bridge and a sign for 93 North, when if leaving Police HQ, you would take 93 South to get to HP. There are way bigger things in the world to worry about, but it still bugged the crap out of me. LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lobster, that cracks me up, I have the same problem with the Mentalist. Half the time they are in Sacramento, or other areas I am like that is not! It an be very annoying.

I know a couple of times when they are at the beach I have been, where the hell is that!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, September 09, 2013 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Lobster, the first show of the first season had a murder set in the Bellvue Hill section of West Roxbury. I thought that was great but the do take license with distance between places and how to get there.

Lobster

04-13-2001

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lobster a private message Print Post    
Roteach, I remember that and was thinking of it with the Hyde Park ep. "Oh sure, they get West Roxbury right, but not HP!" LOL

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
My Mom grew up in HP on Providence St. by the Amtrak tracks. I loved visiting there "back in the day". Dad was the produce manager of the old A&P in HP Square. It's now a parking lot for the bank, I believe. I still look forward to each episode so that I can see what exterior shots were used and if I can identify them.

Lobster

04-13-2001

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lobster a private message Print Post    
I'm near Most Precious Blood church. I don't remember the A&P, but I remember Lodgen's which when it burned down then became Lil Peach, and is now a Tedeschi's. Do you watch Boston's Finest? Lots of shots of HP in that, but the way they shoot it, it's hard to tell exactly where they are sometimes. I'm pretty sure it's done purposely.

Baylierose

05-07-2011

Sunday, September 22, 2013 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Baylierose a private message Print Post    
Every time I see him in a scene I feel so sad. I wonder how they are going to explain his absence.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yoo Hoo! New show tonight.

Everytime I watch the reruns I think about him and also wonder how they will explain it this season.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was wondering the same thing tonight. I wonder if they will have his character join his GF?

Bearlee

05-18-2005

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bearlee a private message Print Post    
Kappy, my mom and I were wondering the same thing

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was really weird to watch the show with him still on it, same as when I watch the reruns, it always throws me off at first, then I enjoy the show.

I wonder how long into filming they were when he died, I don't remember the news articles saying anything.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The little boy they saved in this episode plays the son of the Weavers on "The Neighbors". To me, he looked a couple of years younger on R&I than he appears on The Neighbors.

I think this episode, and the next three episodes, were just delayed for some reason. This was season 4, episode 13. Season 4 has a total of 16 episodes.

The season 4 finale airs on on March 18, 2014.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1551632/episodes?season=4

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I just watched the show yesterday and was thinking what a cute 'love story' between Lee Thompson Young and the girl who works in the coffee shop. I'm thinking ..."Ooh..I want to see where this goes" and then I remembered and was just soo sad.

I wish someone could have helped him so badly. He seemed the sweetest (and sexiest) guy. Like many of you, it's so hard to watch with them keeping him in the show. How hard must that be on his family as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
You could smell a fart in New Jersey, Maura. LMAO, I love this show.