TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 30, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 30, 2014 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Wow even more leaving? And this morning I see that the actor who plays Dev is taking a break from the show to spend time with his daughter before she leaves for university.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-streets-dev-take-break-3434123

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I wonder how they are going to handle that in the storyline.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Great article Jasper. But I know that I'll keep watching and hoping for a return to the show that I have enjoyed for so many years.

I look forward to seeing Jim. The interaction between Jim and Liz has always been good. I hope that they will keep to history for that reunion.

I read some time ago that they planned to bring Kevin and Ken back at separate times so that the two stories wouldn't compete with one another (or something).

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lawrie I know I won't stop watching either. I want it to return as well, but there is always still some gem among the crappy in an episode that makes it worth the time for me.

And yes, bringing up Jim made me think of the days, partially because I was watching part of Jack the Giant Killer and Lee Boardman was in it,of when the MacDonalds first appeared. And then the whole Jez storyline and Liz having that affair with Jim's Physio guy and Jim going after Angela Steve's gf. Ah those were the days.

I read as well that Kevin is not around for long they are sending him to rehab or something. I guess they will have Bill have a relapse or something.

It will be funny having Ken back. Eccles will probably be the happiest to see him!

Gawd can't Owen wait until Phelan is in the building, then he can firebomb it.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I would have a better buy in if it were going to be a who-dun-it about Phelan's murder than the one I have heard that we are actually going to have. It could start as a simple work "accident" and then go from there.

LOL at Eccles being happy to see Ken!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have to keep reminding myself that the show comes on at 3 these days!! I missed a few last week because of this time change!
Does Tina know that Carla is pregnant? Its going to be very bad when she does.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Not yet Cable. But yup it will be bad. She has turned into a bunny boiler. Total personality transplant. I liked her best when she was with Graham.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, April 28, 2014 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
With Tina going off the rails over Peter the not so great, and Anna trading sex with the devil Phelan for some contract and Beth using rare reward money for a boob job, I have to wonder whats happening to the ladies of Corrie? Has they all lost their minds?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 28, 2014 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Really! I think they have been watching too many American soaps. Pls stop this downward spiral!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 28, 2014 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Phelan just makes me want to barf. I imagine he is getting yelled at and having things thrown at him as he walks the streets in the UK. I feel a little sorry for the actor but I guess it is a testament to his acting how repulsive he has made this slimebag of a character.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
My first good laugh in a long time on Corrie was last week when Steve and Peter were at the hotel and Steve's talking to Michelle on the phone with Liz in the background telling Michelle the questions to ask. 'why didn't you call a cab" "ask him how hold is he"

Good scene. I love Steve's facial expressions.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I know Missy, Steve is my favourite and has been forever. I love all his "gurning".

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
LOL at the writers watching too many American soaps. I admit that I PVR and watch an American soap - but I (used to) get a very different experience from it.

Part of Corrie used to be strong, independent women. What happened?

I felt for Faye when she realized that so few people showed up for her musical. Hopefully she will understand one day but it won't be for a while!

Steve covering for Peter was fun, funny, and touching. Are Steve and Michelle going to make it long-term?

Sometimes when I see David, I wonder that there never seems to be any mention of Martin. Is it just me or is that something else that seems to have changed? It used to be common to hear references to former characters.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I used to watch All My Children and General Hospital many years ago and have been sucked into watching a soap if I for some reason am flipping channels. I think I mean the younger actors or trying to appear more glamorous. I don't really know as Corrie has their share of OTT storylines and bed hopping.

And the strong ladies you are so right. Beth who I think is usually pretty entertaining now wants boobs and Tina has just gone round the bend. Eileen was bouncing back after the whole Tony thing and now Maria is going to go round the twist and chase after Ty if those longing looks are the writing on the wall. And Anna, geez I felt for her she was practically cowering in the corner. Hopefully that is the last of Phelan but probably not, until he is dead or something and it will probably be Val who does it. And no I have not read or am spoiling anything, it's just wishful thinking. And for the women I did initially have high hopes for Stella and Gloria but that hope got sucked out of me quick. Where is Blanche to kick these ladies in to touch?

That bedroom scene with Peter and Steve was funny. lol whatever happened Peter it doesn't mean we're gay. Too funny.

It was a first for me feeling sad for Faye. She is usually such an obnoxious kid.

And you are right we never hear about Martin. I expect David's half brother (aged appropriately no questions asked) to suddenly appear. We do hear about Bill and Jim. and the various Barlow progeny out there.

I think they need to bring back Sarah Lou to wreck havoc between Jason and Eva, and Amy and Bethany can team up. Even Tracey has become staid and boring in her little store.

Last night's best line. From Steve of course to Michelle. No, and you can stop with the Jedi-eyes the answer is still no. I used to do that with my husband lol.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I would love to see some of those old characters return!
I dont know why we are being subjected to this crazy Maria s/l! She would never put Ty and Fiz thru this kind of worry and stress! Just because she broke up with her boyfriend?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's all coming to a head for Maria. First Liam, then Tony and now Marcus. Maybe a little psychotic break? But still. Very out of character

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm really not liking what they are doing to Tyrone and Fiz right now.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Haven't watch yesterday yet but could Lloyd and Steve get more childish? I expect if Llody is having a heart attack it will smooth that over. Good on Tim for leaving. And Maria has gone around the bend,girl needs more than a G&T.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, Anna is going to tell Owen about her and Pat Phelan! Just because she cant handle the guilt? Telling Owen will only cause more problems. Owen will be out for Phelan's blood when he hears and dump Anna!
I missed Izzy taking the charity money, and now she is truly caught looking so bad. Nobody will understand her reasons or care. Just goes to show that you should never cave in to temptation.
And is Peter back from rehab? Or just visiting because its his birthday?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I agree, Cable. Telling all to Owen is a big mistake. As for Peter, his default place is rehab, with a few visits to Corrie in between drying out. It really is tiresome. We don't wonder if Peter will go back to the sauce, but when.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Big storyline coming up from what I have seen. I hope they make it good.

I do think Anna has to avoid telling Owen at all costs, that will not end well. She needs to come to terms with what she did and why and see if she can move on. If not she can tell Owen to clear her conscience and probably lose everyone in the process. At least in the short term. I hate seeing what they have done to her.

Tony owing the builders? hmm. He is so dodgy.

Peter Peter Peter. And really can anyone see Carla and Peter with a baby?

I'm really surprised that the girls didn't cut Izzy a little more slack when they heard why she did it and what her intentions were.

What is Andrea hiding? Husband and three kids?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well they have really turned Fiz into a shrew. Old Fiz would have talked to Ty. And Maria into a nasty piece of work. Although according to the tv guide she is going to answer for everything next week. So the poop will hit the fan.

And the brass on Todd for waltzing Marcus in there and Marcus for agreeing?! I mean really he lived there with Sean prior and Sean is still there. And come on these are two up two downs. Where are these people actually sleeping? Todd used to be such a nice guy. I think he needs another smack in the mouth. Eileen just needs to throw him out and ignore his manipulative little pleas.

And did Owen really say only 5K for the loan? Where is the other $65K going? didn't he sell it to Tony for $70K? and where is that shifty so and so getting that kind of money? hmmm

had to lol at the scene in the gym where they were deciding on Katie or Gail. good silliness

It was nice not having to see that Maddy for the last few eps. I am tired of that kid.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, May 30, 2014 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I didnt miss Maddy at all! Todd really has a nerve and little future on the street. I really can't see him and Marcus hanging around much longer, its like they ran out of story. And what a stupid story it was! Todd decides he wants Marcus(like a child wants a toy it sees in a shop window) and proceeds to yank him out of Maria's arms--then she goes after Tyrone and proceeds to filtch him off Fiz!! So silly and unbelievable. If all their relationships were so great, nobody could move in on them and destroy their love.
I was wondering the same thing about Owen and his mention of 5K being paid off the loan. I am sure he is getting 70 from Tony, so whats going on?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, May 30, 2014 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
In defence of Ty nothing is going on and in defence of Fiz after John i can understand why she is a little suspicious! Lol but yeah they need new writers. Perfect analogy of Todd.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, May 30, 2014 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Now whats going to happen since Ty answered the phone in Maria's apartment.
I was looking up Maria's time on the show ans was surprised to read that at one time she was Nick's girlfriend and went off toCanada with him, only to return alone. Also she was Charlie Stubb's bit on the side when he was living with Tracey Barlow(who later murdered him.) Maria has had very little luck in love.