TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 19, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Under the Dome: TV Show Discussion With No Book Reference: Archive through September 19, 2013 users admin

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 1:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
All I have to say about this which is almost ruining the show for me, is the stupid female cop, can you be any worse. Does she even have a brain of her own. Hate it when they make a should be strong woman into a stupid one.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
All of your comments are exactly what I've been thinking too.

I hope Big Jim is stopped by the end of this season, because sad to say, but I don't think I'll want to come back for another season of more of the same. It's just too frustrating for me.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, extremely frustrating. Only one hour left, right? I can't take much more. The season needs to end with someone stabbing Big Jim (Hank).

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I'm getting sick and tired of Big Jim also. I hope the Big Jim issue is solved next week and Barbie is exonerated for the killings other than the first one. I know next season will have its intrigue but I'd like to see how the citizens cope with life under the dome. I'd expect some psychological problems to be cropping up.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I think a good bit of the problem is the writing. The story line jumps from here to there with each episode. Linda started out as a take control deputy, now suddenly she is bowing to Big Jim. At first the town had a fire problem, then water problems, then a crime problem. I'm still watching because of Barbie.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I echo all of those comments. Linda has become a wimp, and stupid. I didn't like the unnecessary killing of Dottie (Dodie?). Introducing the female femme fatale and then killing her off.

We seem to have several disjointed stories instead of one cohesive one.

I keep thinking it will get better.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I keep thinking it can't get any worse. And it does.

Yes, good idea, but disjointed writing. Seems like they didn't have a clear plan and are just writing out of their .....

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I think it caught the 'Lost' virus.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm not surprised they switched to Big Jim and not his son as the true villain in this series. But now that too many people are onto him it will end bad for him and just how the dome predicted. The kids will have to do it. Junior may not want to do it but I think he will be the one to do it in the end (I mean finish him off).
What I don't understand is why the military know what goes on with that small egg and Barbie's involvement in the whole thing.
I think this series has quite a lot of potential for twists and turns... if they want to keep it going... that is. }

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
If they are dead and in purgatory I'm going to be majorly cheesed!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, OG!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Huh? I don't understand the ending.

Chellie67

07-11-2008

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chellie67 a private message Print Post    
Huh? Is exactly what I thought too! I think they were going to orginally end the story after 12 episodes, but when they got picked up for another season, they had to drag it out more....so that leads to: huh?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Boo! Hiss! Cliff hanger ending. I don't intend to watch this show next season so I'll have to find out what happens here I guess. :-(

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
That was the WORST season finale EVER.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I kinda feel bad for Dean Norris...going from an absolutely superb, award-winning show like Breaking Bad to this silly, piece-of-crap show. Bad choice, Dean. Fire your agent.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering if he figured it was a part time gig and is now hoping they kill him off quickly. :-)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Worst series finale ever

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But it isn't a series finale - it is a season finale. Darn them for extending the show!

But was that not classic Stephen King of what? It reminded me of so many of the scenes from The Stand...different characters silhouetted by a bright light (remember the scene in Las Vegas with Randall Flagg in The Stand?)...it was almost like reading a SK novel.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
I swear I heard music from "ET" during the butterfly scene!

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I thought the pink stars shooting down from the sky was beautiful. A hangman's noose? Seriously? Why are they just blindly following Big Jim without a mind of their own? And I swear if they kill off Barbee I'm done with this show!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, very disappointed in the town folk for just standing there! Why isn't anyone asking if he's had a fair trial? Small town mentality that the outsider is definitely evil? Lame.
Yes, the pink stars were cool. But I'm done with this show. Lame, lame, lame.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched Barbee on Poseidon, he was so incredibly young.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
According the September 23-29 issue of TV guide, Under the Dome, ranked just under Duck Dynasty for the most viewers. Duck Dynasty was at 14.5, Under the Dome at 14.0. So someone out there is tuning in to watch this program besides us.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
i absolutely LOVE this show! So does my husband. It is SO VERY Stephen King!