TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through May 28, 2014 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
FX is notorious for doing that, Brenda. I always set the DVR to record 15 minutes early AND 30 minutes later for any show on FX. Totally agree: very annoying. And thanks for the explanation about the hot water heater. (Household appliances are my spouse's department - I don't think I even know where our hot water heater is located, that's how clueless I am.)

I couldn't remember how the episode ended, but I found this from one of the recap sites:

Finally, Lester pays his brother Chaz a visit in his weapon-encrusted man-cave, in the market for some stopping power of his own. So the episode closes with a slow-motion view of Lester firing a machine gun that’s as big as he is, while Billy Bob Thornton’s voice-over recites a verse from Exodus about the discovery of baby Moses on the river.

http://blogs.mprnews.org/statewide/2014/04/fargo-recap-episode-3-tightening-the-screws/

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Doofus brother #1 shooting doofus brother #2 in the butt with that harpoon (or whatever that thing was): HIGH-larious.

I agree, Uncle Ricky.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Uncle Ricky - if my hot water heater hadn't recently died I wouldn't have known you can (and should periodically) drain them.

I recorded Fargo again last night, adding 15 minutes, and it still only recorded 68 minutes?! But it did get the ending this time.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The planets are definitely misaligned, Brenda. Our hot water heater went out this weekend, too! So you now have company in hot water heater misery!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
BBT was so good in tonight's episode! This show is something else!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sorry to hear that Uncle-ricky -- feel like I jinxed ya!

I loved how this weeks episode tied it back to the original film with the case of money. You know we all wondered what happened to that money after the film. We knew someone would find it, eventually. Looks like he found it quite quickly.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I had no idea our hot water heater was over 10 years old -- we were shocked it didn't go out sooner!

Yes, that bag of money should make things a LOT more interesting!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I think that finding the money was what happened a long time ago when they first came to the area. That's probably how he started his grocery empire. The little child in the back seat of their car is now the grown son that is a little slow.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yep, what granjan said. that is how that guy got rich.

my water heater was just shy of 10 years -- plumbr said they last about 10.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I just replaced my water heater about two months ago. I was lucky that I got 12 years out of it.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Hope everyone's been keeping up! Last night's episode was by far the most violent of the season. I kept asking "How in the world were they able to film the episode in such a heavy snowstorm?" It must have been hell on the cast and crew. (But fun for the viewers!)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I had to cover my eyes a few times.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I kept asking "How in the world were they able to film the episode in such a heavy snowstorm?" It must have been hell on the cast and crew. (But fun for the viewers!) "

That blizzard was just CGI! :-)

CGI is not just for monsters and super heros anymore.....they use it for every day scenes ALL the time.

Check this out...different shows that used green screens to change the environment (shown before and after green screen CGI). It's truly surprising how often it's used for every day shots that need no special effects at all...like when characters are simply walking down a sidewalk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clnozSXyF4k

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Oh.My.Goodness! That's amazing, SFJF! I'm so out to lunch about CGI-related stuff, I never in a million years would've thought it was used for simple, everyday scenes. Whoever did last night's Fargo eppy did a fabulous job! Thanks for the (much-needed) education.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am willing to bet Molly had a bullet proof vest on. She is just too smart and logical to go without one that day.

But where do you guys think all those fish came from? My best guess is from a small plane, and that it was a coincidental accident, but even that seems just so unlikely.

This show is so fun and so weird.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Apparently animals do rain from the sky every once in awhile....for real!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raining_animals

-------------------

Pictures and VIDEO of raining animals here:

Non-Aqueous Rain- When everything rains, but water!

http://www.fiboni.com/2013/08/non-aqueous-rain-when-everything-rains-but-water/

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Violent episode for sure.

I am worried about Molly. I hope she is ok, she is too important a character to be killed off.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I thought they showed all pool of blood under Molly?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nope, no pool of blood under Molly. Her coat flap opened up and it sort of looks likes blood, but it's her coat.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Oh!!! Glad I was wrong then!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Did you see previews of next week's episode or something?
I'm hoping she had a vest on, so maybe just knocked the wind out of her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finally watched my recording this week and it did kind of look like the flap of Molly's coat.

And the flying fish Just. Freaked. Me. Out. I checked out SFJF's link, and I see that in 1947 there were flying fish in Marksville, Louisiana. I can promise you that was the most exciting thing to happen in Marksville in 100 years and nothing that exciting has happened since then.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
No I was just going by what Naja said!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Who knew Lester was a freak a deak !

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Absolutely hilarious Marameko! Who saw THAT coming?? And Key and Peele as the bumbling FBI agents - priceless!!