TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Mad Men: Archive through May 19, 2014 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it too!! I also think Megan is having an affair. Poor Peggy...

Was Don sitting with a whiskey bottle of some kind while he was on the couch in the final scene?

Roger is really living on the edge isn't he?

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
I think they're going to kill off Megan. Similar to or part of the Charlie Manson murders. First they has Megan wear a top that Sharon Tate wore. Now she's living alone in the Hollywood Hills. Her new agent bears a striking similarity to a 1969 Roman Polanski too. They're either going to kill her off or Matthew Weiner is enjoying misleading everyone.

I'm not the only one who thinks this as this has been a theory since last season.

http://uproxx.com/tv/2013/05/the-megan-draper-as-sharon-tate-theory-is-the-greatest-mad-men-theory-ever/

http://tinyurl.com/ldzsyfs

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
What struck me first is how stuck in the early 60s Don is. While others around him have embraced the hair and clothes of the times, he is still wearing what we met him first in! And that fashion and hair is not very flattering, it seems to drag down the women's looks. I didnt even recognize Neve Campbell on the plane till the credits rolled by!
It does appear that Megan is not interested in Don anymore. It looks as if her career is taking off in California. Pete looks more relaxed living there and seems like Don's only friend out there.
Everyone in New York seems to be suffering as much as when they were all newbies just starting out in advertising--except they seemed to be having more fun at the beginning than now.
Roger sure gets around for a guy with a bad heart! Is he suffering from sexual addiction? His snooty daughter forgives him, how big of her.
The only fliscker of fun was finding out that Freddy was fronting Don in the Accutron pitch! I hope they find out quickly that they need Don at the agency and punishing him is only hurting them.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was distracted for the last half of the episode and was going to replay but accidentally erased it. Why was Peggy crying at the end? I've been binge watching this. So I guess the heart doctor and wife that Don was cheating with is no longer in the picture this season? I also missed Betty and Sally, seems they could have written them in somewhere.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Peggy crying: I think because things are going badly at work, where she's not valued by her new supervisor--and at home, where there is no one to come home to and only a broken toilet to look forward to. Her brother-in-law leaving to take care of her sister "so she won't be alone" was kind of the last straw.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, April 18, 2014 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I agree with Beth4...I believe that is exactly why Peggy was crying.

I loved that Freddy was fronting Don in the Accutron pitch! Don really does look stuck in the 1950's/early 1960's doesn't he?

I think they should just show all 14 episodes this year. Seems silly doing it the way they have planned.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I guess just a culmination of things made her so emotional. Plus having " what's his name?" In town from Ca. I guess by splitting it up that it gives the show and the actors two years of chances at Emmy awards. I can not imagine waiting a whole year to watch the last 7 episodes.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, April 28, 2014 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Last night's show was intense. We got to see Betty again--all shellacked hair and stiff dressy clothes, going on a farm field trip with Bobby's class. Quite the scene with Betty's cigarette pointed out the bus window as she puffs away! But Bobby traded her sandwich and she sulked and condemned him to her husband at home for his 'crime'. The new husband enables her awful behaviour with her kids as Don never did.
Don finally admitted to Megan that he lost his job after she accused him of cheating--and for once he wasnt! DOesnt look good for that relationship. So Don goes to Roger to re-connect with his other love--work. Amazingly Roger tells Don he missed him and to come back to work. But when a nervous Don makes his way to the office, he is treated pretty badly. You would not think he was the founding partner of this firm from the way he was greeted--esp by Joan and Peggy! They dont really want him around. I think Roger does just to bug the others. They give Don a horrible agreement to sign where he has no power and no dignity, but he signs it!

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, April 28, 2014 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
When Don said OK to his new contract, I was shocked. I was expecting him to say, try and beat me at the next customer meeting.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 5:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I was shocked too! No counter offer?! I have no idea where this show is going but I'm enjoying the ride!!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
How awkward was it when Don came into the office and Roger hadn't told anyone he was coming? I can't imagine how he will be able to work there.

Betty needs to cut back on her smoking - good grief, is she ever w/o a smoke? She overreacted terribly when her son traded the sandwich...cold as ice! Do you think that's a wig she's wearing, it is so stiff.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Last night's show was titled 'the monolith' and I have no idea what that is supposed to be. It was fun seeing the big giant computer coming into the office, taking over the lunch room. I wonder if there is anyone who knows how to operate it. I didnt realize there were computers in offices at that time.
Bert was such a jerk to Don about getting the computer company as an account. He made Don realize that nobody cared or wanted him and his ideas around!
Peggy still hasnt lightened up and is loving having the tables turned on Don!
Roger and his daughter turning into a hippy is not a s/l I really can get into. REally, I thought the whole thing was a set up for Roger to have another heart attack as he tried to drag his daughter off the commune!
Who would have thought that Don's best buddy was going to be Freddy?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Last night's show was titled 'the monolith' and I have no idea what that is supposed to be. It was fun seeing the big giant computer coming into the office, taking over the lunch room."

I think that big giant computer was the monolith.

According to the definition of monolith, it could be referring to the giant computer AND the corporate world that Mad Men resides within.

monolith |ˈmänl-iθ|
noun
1 a large single upright block of stone, esp. one shaped into or serving as a pillar or monument.
• a very large and characterless building : the 72-story monolith overlooking the waterfront.
• a large block of concrete sunk in water, e.g., in the building of a dock.

2 a large and impersonal political, corporate, or social structure regarded as intractably indivisible and uniform : states struggling to break away from the Moscow-dominated communist monolith.

ORIGIN mid 19th cent.: from French monolithe, from Greek monolithos, from monos ‘single’ + lithos ‘stone.’

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thanks! It was so obvious! When the copy machine arrived in season 1, it made a lot of waves too.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
What an episode.
Ginsberg What the _______!!!
Don is back (or at least getting there). If you thought Don taking down Duck Phillips was rough (season 2)just what until he takes down Lou.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
Even though she is living in the Hills, I don't think Megan will get murdered. But when watching last night I wondered if some of the people at that party were supposed to be Manson followers.

What is with Don's clothes? I know he is in his 40's but he is painfully old fashioned looking.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Glad to see the Old Don back.
Why was Megan accepting of the demise of her marriage last week, but doing everything possible, including a 3-way, to save it this week. That part just didn't make sense. This was a very good episode.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Michael Ginsburg went off the rails!!!

I was also confused about Don/Megan. I thought that they were sort of done. But this episode seemed like things were back to ok. I was going to check my DVR and see if I missed an episode. The 3 way was very weird.

Yes, Don looked so old fashioned in his jacket at the party!! But, of course, that was the point I guess.

Betty is feeling her oats arguing with hubby.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I think the "niece" will come back in a story line with Megan somewhere.

The clothes and music are bringing back a lot of my childhood. and Megan has a pendent fixture just like my parents had. fun watching the early 70's

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too Lurkin, I like seeing the things from my childhood. I too think the niece will be back. So many have speculated that Megan will be killed by a Charles Manson type cult- maybe the niece will be part of his cult or killed by a cult or maybe she and the baby will give Don new purpose in life. In any event I don't think we've seen the last of her.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one, who DOES NOT want any story line with a cult or Charles Manson.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'd sort of like it, but most people say "N0" from what I've read.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
So is this the last season of Mad Men? If it is and the only have 2 episodes left they have a lot to cover in order for me to be satisfied with it ending! LOL!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
They are stretching out the last season over 2 seasons! So it will be back with the rest of the episodes.
I felt very alarmed when Stephanie showed up at Megan's canyon home so far off the beaten track. I was releived when she left because it just seemed like something bad was going to happen!
Megan and her friend were giving off all sorts of vibes suggesting they had been carrying on a relationship of sorts for awhile. How desperate is Megan to set up a threesome to keep her husband. Yet next morning he didnt say anything and ran off to work!

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Help me out. What did the GM guy do to get arrested. Why did he call Bob?