TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Modern Family : Archive through March 27, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
btw, the reason I sought out watching the pilot ep the other day was because I saw Julie Bowen do an interview and she was talking about how she was 8 months pregnant during the filming of the pilot. She said she spent the whole show finding ways to hide her tummy. She sure did! LOL. They really did some creative hiding, but they slipped up a couple times where you could see.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
But they do seem to show awareness that they are being filmed by providing the "interview" type of commentary where they are directly addressing the camera/us and when they occasionally make side glances at the camera to seemingly include the viewer in on the emotion or inside joke they are experiencing at the time. Anyway, the show is really funny even if the concept/set up is a bit weird.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ty Naja! I have actually never seen the 1st ep, I was going by what soemone told me.

I didnt start this show right away because it was on A (already B (been) C (cancelled) ABC was cancelling things left and right and after ALias I swore I wouldnt watch another show there. I kept seeing commercials for this and wanted to watch LOL so after it was renewed I started in :-)

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
I was right after all. My daughter found this link for me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Life_%281979_film%29
Real Life (1979 film)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Real Life

Real Life is an American comedy film released in 1979. The first feature directed by Albert Brooks, who also co-authored the screenplay, it is a spoof of the 1973 reality television program An American Family and portrays a documentary filmmaker named Albert Brooks who attempts to live with and film a dysfunctional family for one full year.

Charles Grodin co-stars as the family's patriarch who consents to permit cameras in his Arizona home. Real-life producer Jennings Lang also has an acting role in Real Life.

Plot

Ordinary family man Warren Yeager and his wife Jeannette are delighted to have a documentary filmmaker, Albert Brooks, choose them for a new cinematic and "scientific" experiment—he intends to capture every waking moment of their daily life on film. It is a project Brooks confidently announces to a large gathering, even greeting them with a song.

The concept is for the Yeagers and their two children to go about their business at their Phoenix home, work and school as if nothing is different from a typical day, ignoring the fact that men wearing cameras that look like Star Wars helmets are recording every move they make and every word they say.

Brooks promises to be as unobtrusive as possible, taking up a separate residence in the neighborhood and promising not to interfere. Little by little, though, the stress of everyday life is complicated by the presence of the film crew. Brooks also becomes the unwitting object of Mrs. Yeager's attentions.

Yeager, a veterinarian, becomes grief-stricken when he is filmed accidentally causing a horse's death. A grandparent's death similarly upsets Jeannette. Soon the couple stops talking, becoming, as Brooks puts it, "lifeless" in their every day life. The unscrupulous man from Hollywood is likely to go to any lengths to make his film more interesting, even if it means dressing up as a clown to cheer them up or letting the Yeager house catch fire.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I think Modern Family calls itself a "Mocumentary."
Not supposed to be a documentary, but filmed in that style. The Office was supposed to be a documentary.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
LOL - I knew Jay's dream was going to be about Stella. That dog is so cute.

I liked how they showed the black and white photos during the credits.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too! I loved how they kept passing the phones. Really loved the way the stories weaved together.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Another really good episode! I always enjoy the laughs, but also the heart they show.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Best show ever!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I feel like this year is totally lacking what they had in the past. I haven't laughed 1/4 as much as I used to. It's now just another predictable sitcom.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I still enjoy it, but the first year was the best! That year we quoted so many lines here. Not since.

Jennywa

07-17-2003

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jennywa a private message Print Post    
I still love this show.
Lilly is a kick!
They have also evolved the other kids.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Did you see the episode before last about Lily getting lice? It was one of the very best, I thought.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Cam was very "resourceful " as to the way he kept Lily and her lice way from him. Phil gave a new thought to "payback" in this episode.
For me the best line in the recent past was Mitch and Lily referring to Cam as "her" or "she" as in "she is a mess today".

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this is still the best comedy on tv right now ,imo

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Another good episode last night. Loved when Clare said she doesn't have time to try on dresses all day, and Lily said, "And I do?" from the dressing room. I think Lily just gets better and better. Also liked Haley telling her "date" off.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It's great to see Haley grow, isn't it?

My favorite part last night was the foursome at the art musuem!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
best ep in awhile! I love the 'Manny'

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Lily is my favourite for sure. Great writers. Great one liners.

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
When I watch reruns I am reminded how clever the writing is in this show. There have been some later episodes that I haven't found nearly as good. They seem to be back on track again with some really funny stuff. I couldn't help but smile while watching the mix ups in Vegas. It was strange to not have any of the kids in it though.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the Vegas ep is classic..loved the way all the stories intertwined

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I wanted to see more of the Kilty Pleasure :-)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I laughed till I had tears in my eyes. So funny!

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Techno bath! that was cracking me up, great episode.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Really funny show this evening. Just one laugh after another. Great writers.