TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Americans: Archive through March 20, 2014 users admin

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I think the season finale would've been different if they didn't know they had a season 2 to look forward to.

It really sets up for a whole range of possibilities for the 2nd season. I can't wait. But of course, we'll have to wait as I doubt it's coming back again until next year.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Has anyone heard when this show is returning? Thanks

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Soooooooon... Wednesday Feb 26th at 10pm on FX, then 13 episodes every Wednesday, no interruptions.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
So glad this is back on Feb 26.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
It's back tonight at 10pm!!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Can't wait!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Wow, what a start to this season! So many thoughts . . .

Interesting to see the relationship with the other sleeper-spy couple and how they knew each other's kids but yet could not interact with them.

It made me wonder as their kids get older, how much they could potentially change their outlook in life. Might that be a threat to the KGB? This would be the first generation of sleeper-spy families, right? What if the KGB is starting to see that as their families mature and grow, the parents might want to get out of the business? Would the KGB let them?

Granted, the other spy-dad could have gotten his family killed with his recklessness of using his family outing as a cover for an exchange. I just wouldn't be surprised if the KGB started to think of these families as a liability.

The Russian mistress is certainly using her intelligence this season. Stan blew it when he sent her back to work at the end of the last season.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Good observation/thoughts to consider Kappy.

I enjoy this show alot and last night's episode couldn't come fast enough for me.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Random silly thought... how does Martha not realize "Clark" is wearing a wig?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if the first season is on Netflix?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
LOL Rieann! I had that thought enter my mind while watching that scene but then I just told myself it's only a TV show, don't think about it, don't think about it...LOL.

Gurliegirl, sorry, I don't have an answer for you. Hope someone pops in and knows.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
That's funny you all mentioning "Clark's" wig because I thought the same thing..

I just don't know how these sleeper/spy families could operate with children in the mix.

GURLIEGIRL - I think I saw that Netflix does have the first season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Netflix has the Americans on DVD but not streaming.

It seems that at the end of their tenure as spies, the best they could hope for is to be repatriated to Russia (the worst, just killed off as they are no longer useful). But Russia wouldn't want American kids who know nothing about their heritage (because their parents pretended not to be Russian)... I've been wondering about what will happen too. Maybe the KGB think that when the kids have gone through college and look like even more wholesome, realistic Americans than their parents, then they'll be perfect spies, but I think they would be overestimating how loyal children would be to a "mother country" they didn't even know they belonged to.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Finally saw the season premiere and loved every minute of it. It was stunning to see Phillip and Elizabeth shaken to the core when they discovered their executed comrades. Should be another great season ahead. And they better bring back "Granny" Claudia -- the chillingly calm catfights she has with Elizabeth are so much fun!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Do these two ever sleep? Seriously, normal working parents are already sleep deprived but then to live double lives like they do has to be exhausting!

I was so worried Martha was going to be pregnant rather then just having the common cold.

We're only 2 episodes in and I'm on the edge of my seat already throughout the entire show!

I can't say enough about the writing (not to mention the acting) on this show. The way they're approaching it, you care about most of the characters no matter which side they're on. Enough time has lapsed in history that it's fascinating to see how both sides operated.

But one question - Who's Helen?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Helen is the name of Elizabeth's bogus "sick aunt" (which is the info nosey Paige gleaned from the postcard on the bulletin board) and she was about to get "Helen's" phone number from directory assistance right when Philip got home unexpectedly.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Uncle Ricky.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
It really blows me away that this "program" let these spies have children. I mean these kids are Americans...

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Kappy!

Oopsie! Philip definitely regrets the sending of the "Aunt Helen" postcard - can't wait for Elizabeth's reaction to Paige's "field trip." Never a dull moment in that household!

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
》they better bring back "Granny" Claudia -- the chillingly calm catfights she has with Elizabeth

I don't think they can - she's now Nathan's mother on The Millers (on CBS).

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I thought they'd lost her to that show, too, Starr, but various online reports from this past October indicated that she'll be back for at least one episode! And one eppy is, as you know, better than none.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/17/margo-martindale-the-americans-season-2_n_4114830.html

Starr

07-09-2005

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Ooooh, thanks! I loved her as Claudia. Looking forward to her being back, short lived as it may be.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
She was absolutely fabulous in Justified, giving us an unforgettable character in Mags Bennett.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
She not quite as arresting as Margo Martindale, but the actress who plays Nina is the subject of this nice in-depth profile:

http://nypost.com/2014/03/15/americans-star-a-perfect-fit-as-russian-double-agent/

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yay! It was great to see Claudia again.

This was an interesting episode relating to all of the relationships on the show.

Lookout Clark! Martha is drinking wine and getting ticked off.

I felt for the young sailor that Elizabeth was using. You could tell it was getting to her.