TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 06, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 06, 2014 users admin

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I will miss the Cristina character too. Sandra is a terrific actress, but I hope she isn't making a career mistake leaving Grey's. Others that have left, voluntarily or by force haven't really had much post Grey's success.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sounds like she has to leave Grey's in order to receive the recognition that she so richly deserves.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think she'll do great.

I don't like the idea of Burke coming back and apparently sweeping her off her feet. I really like the Owen character, and he has been so good to her, that would be such a slap in the face to him.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But do we know whether his "Christina, I want you" means that he wants her in the "Biblical" sense - or he wants her to be on his team for some super kick-ass cardiac surgeries? Either way I can see Christina being easily seduced. Let's face it - although she and Owen have chemistry for days they really aren't on the same path in life. She and Burke would be much better suited. He is intense and focused on his career and so is she - not to mention an overabundance of ego. I also remember them having a great deal of chemistry when they were together. Owen needs someone a lot softer than Christina for a life partner.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing that Burke wants her in the professional sense. I think they are misdirecting us with the previews.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Agreed. Now that we know she will never get the Avery award as long as she works at Seattle Grace, she will leave.

I wonder if they brought back Amy, Derek's sister, for Owen's new infatuation after Yang is gone.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Christina also needs to go someplace where she can achieve her goals - such as winning a Harper Avery Award. She will never be able to win as long as she stays where she is, and she's too ambitious to settle for less.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kooklie, I was typing as you were posting!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I hope you all are right!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Who was it that Amelia was involved with - oh, Mark. Sorry, answered my own question! Silly woman - any mother could tell her that any sane woman would feel the same way after taking care of 2 small children without any experience!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wished theyd give her a spin-off.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
ABC is replaying Burke and Christina's wedding episode before the new show tonight.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I always liked Amelia on Private Practice, but I don't want to see her return with drug issues.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What would indicate that she would return with drug issues? Didn't she go through rehab and turn her life around on Private Practice?

Burke hasn't changed (except he seems oddly less attractive to me now - the man has a HUGE head).

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The actor didn't seem to be acting the part the way he used to act it. Something was off about him last night.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I found it a bit of a stretch to think he would leave his entire facility....

But it was better than having the kind of trite we were always meant to be together thing I was thinking they might do.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last night's episode. Much better that Cristina is leaving for such a great career opportunity than to run back to a relationship with Burke. Also, they are leaving the door open for her to return before Grey's goes off the air completely.
I really enjoyed watching the Cristina/Burke wedding episode before the new show last night. How I miss so many of the early characters, George, Mark, Little Grey, etc. The show was so much better back then.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
There was something "off" about Burke. His speech was slurred. I don't know if it was the actor or there is supposed to be something wrong with the character. Either the character has had a stroke or Washington is on some sort of medication.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
I noticed Burke's speech last night also. I kept saying something was up. It just came to me...didn't his character have a head injury and need surgery? I seem to remember Christina at his bedside. Maybe that's why he was slurring?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The actor didn't seem to be acting the part the way he used to act it. Something was off about him last night.

I agree. At first, he seemed the same. Then, in his office, he wasn't.

I also found it a bit of a stretch that he would leave everything.... oh and, give it to Christina, who has no experience in running anything. I was hoping for something a bit more with her exit.

In regards to Amelia, I just didn't want them to rehash the Private Practice story line about her drug use that she was part of.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I noticed his speech right off.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Christina / Sandra Oh is going to be in the next two episodes. She's not finished yet.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
If that's the case then this is the longest goodbye ever.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My 17-year old has been watching Grey's from the beginning on Netflix and last night I got sucked into watching 4 episodes (season 2 - Derek and Addison are trying to make it happen, George suffers from unrequited love for Meredith and darned if I don't think Beck Weathers was on - I'm going to have to google that!). Gosh this is a good show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Some of the middle years / seasons didn't amount to much, but 2 - 3 years ago it picked up again. Grey's is definitely one of my favorites.