TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 13, 2014 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch either. Now I have something to do on the treadmill...cry apparently.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I did tear up when Kevin and Espo were talking to each other, thinking they were going to die. But there were a lot of serious flaws in this episode. First of all, you can't stand in an alley next to a burning building. It would be too hot! A fire of that size would throw some serious heat. You'd have to be at least across the street.

Next they so would have taken Jenny off to the hospital when her contractions started. You just don't have your baby in the back of an ambulance cause you refuse to go to the hospital. That was stupid.

Lastly, they would have put Kevin and Espo in an ambulance (and why was there only ONE ambulance at such a huge fire scene) and rushed them to the hospital as soon as they came out of the building.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but hubby and I were picking this episode apart the whole time. Even though I did tear up a couple of times.

P.S. When Kate was hugging Kevin/Espo (don't remember which it was), she had two fingers on her right hand taped together. Anybody else notice that? It was odd that they used black tape, rather than something lighter that wouldn't show up so obviously.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I also noticed those details Babyjaxmom but was willing to overlook them. I also thought that Kevin and Espo should have been given oxygen masks when they were brought out of the fire. They sure seemed to "recover" quickly. Still, the emotions ran high at several points and I was truly touched by those scenes. I just enjoy this show so much!

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Wow! Glad to see it wasn't just my wife and I....last night's show got to us too. Well written and acted.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I noticed those details too. They wouldn't have walked the men out, Keven's leg would have been badly broken, they would have had oxygen on them immediately,where were their cell phones (I may have missed something there). So many flaws. Not that Castle has ever been the picture of perfection when it comes to crime shows, but this was full of them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Esposito's cell phone was broken in the fall and Kevin's didn't have any service.

I could care less about the flaws (although I did find them not taking Jenny off to the hospital a little weird, and couldn't at least one of the EMTs stayed around to help deliver the baby? - I mean, having a coroner deliver your baby is just a little bit weird!, and I wondered when the firemen found them why they didn't immediately put oxygen on them). However, the storyline was good and that's what I focus more on. I don't sweat the small stuff! (But glad Jenny's baby was a girl...that white, Irish kid with Javier as a first name would have been a little strange...LOL!).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
With respect to the flaws, I guess their proximity to the scene would be the main one. The cell phones not working is certainly plausible, you can have your baby wherever you want to and you can have anyone you want to deliver it (whether they even have medical training or not) and a coroner is a doctor. I don't think Kevin's leg was ever broken in the first place. They did recover quickly though.

I agree with Roxip about not sweating the small stuff but everyone looks for something different.

All that aside, I think the acting was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I laughed over the comment about the baby's name.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Oh, I wasn't terribly bugged by the flaws, but I definitely noticed them.

About the leg though...no, in the show it wasn't broken. But just looking at the way it was wedged in there, in reality (which I suspended) it would have been crushed.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
We have a wedding date! Well, not an actual date, but a month. Looks like we won't see the wedding until next season. September.

I loved seeing Kate be "girly" about it last night though. When he told her September, she was giddy, just like a bride-to-be should be. It was very cute.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was a fun show. Castle is at its best when the cast interacts that way and although they are a bit over the top, I enjoy the espionage plots with his Dad as well.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I love Dad. Wasn't a fan of the basic storyline last night just because I really couldn't tell, and still don't know, if he's a good guy or a bad guy. I can't decide if they've just been taken or if he really just saved hundreds of people. But, it was good and I'm glad they had James Brolin on again. I hope we get to see more of him.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight's Castle looks like it is going to be hysterical.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was a very great episode. Lanie in that Foxy Brown dress - I thought Esposito's eyes were going to fall out of his face!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Roxip that was funny, I was cracking up all through the show. Totally enjoyed the flashback.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
It was a funny episode. Can't see it ever happing in real life but I can remember the 70's well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I about died when Esposito threw himself across the hood of the car and promptly hit the ground. It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Starsky he ain't. lol

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
OMIGOSH, do we FINALLY have an ending to the Beckett's Mother's Murder storyline? I really hope so...it was always way too overplayed and cheesy. Meetings in dark corners of parking ramps, drugging, kidnapping Kate, etc. It was getting tiring.

Wedding next week! Yay!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Molly C. Quinn ‏@MollyQuinn93 · 4h
#CastleSeasonFinale
Monday, May12
In appreciation for all u do all year viewing&voting.
Let's "TweetParty"
Starting w/east coast
#NoSpoilers

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Castle 12th Precinct ‏@TwelfthPrecinct · 1h
#Castle News: Vote for Stana in the E! Online "Girl on Top 2014" Competition Finals! http://bit.ly/QnD1xC

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
We may have a resolution to the mother murder story but I don't think we've heard the last of the evil Senator.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 2:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I rarely watch Castle,, but I was pulled in by the wedding theme tonight. However, I have a question: was that the last show of the season? And is that their cliffhanger for the year? I was really hoping for an actual wedding!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm pretty frustrated with that. Why can't they just have a show with a normal wedding at the end. Cliffhangers like that are a dime a dozen. It would have been much better to end on a high note with the wedding actually happening. I was very excited for the wedding episode and they totally screwed us. I'm not a happy camper at all.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved the fun investigation involved in the episode though - sometimes they get so serious and deep and this one allowed them to do what they do best which is play off one another and have fun doing investigative work. I especially loved the side of Beckett they showed - nothing was going to get in the way of that woman and her wedding. Of course I knew it was doomed the minute I saw him look in the rear-view mirror.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Seriously???? I feel so cheated!! I wanted to see the wedding!

I do agree with Roxip that is was still a fun episode, just hate this cliffhanger. Of course, we know Castle is going to be ok, but I don't want anything to interfere with them getting married eventually. We've waited too many years for it.

BTW.......didn't Kate look just beautiful in that dress?