TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 09, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hannibal (NBC): Archive through May 09, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
but but I liked her!

Will Will be prosecuted after tonight? Although according to the preview it looks like the main FBI guy (Morpheus) might now suspect Hannibal... although you can bet Hannibal will be ready for him.

And we're still only half way through the season, I wonder if at some point Hannibal's going to be behind bars, and we'll be back to the more traditional Hannibal Lecter story.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Although according to the preview it looks like the main FBI guy (Morpheus) might now suspect Hannibal... although you can bet Hannibal will be ready for him. "

Kitt, did you miss the season premiere this season? The first thing that happened in the premiere was showing Hannibal in the midst of preparing a fancy meal for himself and Jack Crawford (Fishbourne). They were each eyeing one another suspiciously and calmly conversing...and suddenly they both lunged and there were knives in play and they were suddenly in a fight for their lives. It was a surprising and brutal fight scene.

Then we were let in on the fact that this season 2 opening scene was a flashforward...and this entire season has been building up to that knife fight between Hannibal and Crawford.

I'm getting tired of this editing ploy of showing us the climax of a situation before they show us the situation. It's almost like telling the punchline of a joke before telling the joke. It seems like this is happening on more and more shows these days.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I forgot all about that!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Didnt Jack die in that fight? It couldn't have been Lector, as he went on to a very successful movie career!
Sad seeing the end of Beverly all sliced up on last week's episdoe.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It looked like Lector was winning the fight but I don't think it's clear that Jack dies.

I agree with what Sanfran said about being tired of the flash forward technique though I'm still sort of enjoying the series.

What's the deal with all those cages for the prisoners? Sometimes he's in one and other times he's in a room meeting almost face to face with someone and other times he's in a cell. If he's considered dangerous, I would think that moving him around to all those locations wouldn't be the best idea.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My recording of Friday's episode ended up being a football match :-(.

Did everyone else get a new episode?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, try here:

http://www.hulu.com/hannibal

That stupid game also preempted Grimm....but Grimm aired at it's regular time on KICU (channel 36-1 over the air, Comcast cable 706). I don't know why they didn't do the same with Hannibal.

I saw that Hannibal followed a LIVE baseball game, so I added an extra hour to it, but Hannibal didn't air on NBC at all. I only caught Grimm because this happened once before and, at the time, I set a second season pass for Grimm on KICU, so the season pass picked it up even though I had no idea it was going to air on KICU.

Edited to add - Oh yeah....I wasn't able to set a second season pass for Hannibal on KICU "just in case", because I can only set a season pass for a show that has at least one episode actually scheduled to air on that channel.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
extra information - At the link to the Hannibal episode (above) it also says:

"We are able to post the last five episodes of Hannibal to air on TV. The episodes posted may vary based on NBC's on-air schedule.

We currently don't have the rights to make this show available on your TV or mobile devices — request to be notified if it becomes available in Hulu Plus."

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Argg, Grimm too! I thought at one point it was on the schedule then it wasn't there anymore, but didn't think to look at kicu36. Thank you so much, I'd have missed that episode and been confused next week!

Off to hulu then, I see they have Grimm too. Thanks :-)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I watched it on Comcast OnDemand.
(and it was SO good. next week looks good too.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked the warden guy. Hannibal was very clever with the newly recovered trainee girl, he'd obviously fed her this story all along.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The final image on this latest episode took me a second to figure out. Will was having dinner with Hannibal (eew).

There was a close up of Will chewing and then he closes his eyes and stops moving. Then it faded to black. That final image looked to me like Will was dead but I wasn't sure why - it was just "off" in some weird way, so I replayed it in slo-mo. Only then did I realize how Will's face had morphed - it was Will's face on the left (of the screen) and Hannibal's on the right!

I held up a magazine and covered the left side of the face and the right side was obviously Hannibal....and the left side was obviously Will's...but it was much more subtle (to me) when looking directly at the full face.

Was this obvious to everyone else and *I* was slow to pick up on it, or was it also very subtle to everyone else?

(image taken from my TV screen)

full face:
fullface1

left side Will:
left-will

right side Hannibal:
right hanniball

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Even though I was so freaked out that Will was eating human meat--probably that girls he was fighting with--that I almost missed this strange interplay of Will and Hannibal's face on Will. It looked to me that it meant Will was turning into Lector!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll never know, SFJ. I saw your post before I watched my recording.

I am so curious to see how close what happens to Mason matches the movie and novel. (Mason is the sadistic brother/pig farmer)

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the face on the black horned figure that Will is always imagining also has Lecter's face.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know whether it's Will turning into Lector or whether it's saying that they are one, or two sides of the same coin.

I don't like what happened. Will had to kill the psycho who thought he was an animal and crashed through his window, but this latest kill is just because she's become an annoyance/danger. No justification at all as far as I can tell.

And he somehow managed to butcher her into those thin slices??

I really like Will and am now... disturbed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, they didn't show Will kill her (the reporter). I am sure something else must be going on and that she's alive somewhere.

The last we saw of the reporter was when Will was dragging her out of her car screaming. That's it. They didn't show him killing her. I am positive Will didn't kill her.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really hope you're right, but unless he was playing a game with Hannibal at dinner, Hannibal didn't know (for definite - it seemed like he suspected) about the kill. So if it wasn't Hannibal, who else could it be if not Will?

Oh, unless Will was so forceful with Freddy because he needed to make her understand about Hannibal, and they're now working together to bring down Hannibal by pretending he's killed her. That would be good.

So was the morph in the end toying with us!?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh, unless Will was so forceful with Freddy because he needed to make her understand about Hannibal, and they're now working together to bring down Hannibal by pretending he's killed her. That would be good.

That could be, Kitt, but I think it would be even more likely Will is just trying to protect her. Now that she actually knows everything, Hannibal would be after her. But I guess protecting her and having her help could go hand in hand.

I think their morphing face is just symbolic of what Will always does every episode. He puts his mind in the place of the killer. He becomes the killer to solve the crime.

There was something upsetting in the previews that showed an exact scene from the movie "Red Dragon" (concerning a ruthless male reporter Freddy). But in a way it makes no sense to happen now in this time line since this show is supposed to be a prequel.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Spoiler from the movie and novel....

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Someone else kills Freddy the male reporter. Not Will or Lecter.

BTW, as far as movie and book references, Mason and the pigs are from "Hannibal", and Freddy the male reporter is from "Red Dragon".

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody see that first Hannibal Lecter movie made in the 80's called "Manhunter". That was the first attempt at "Red Dragon". I thought it was pretty good, but I guess it flopped. It starred the first star of CSI, William Petersen, as Will. Brian Cox was Hannibal.

I found this cool video comparing Manhunter to Red Dragon....LOL

Old V. New
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oYctjeGLZc

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I saw it, but it was so long ago I can't really remember anything. I think I must have seen Red Dragon too but don't remember much of that. Also read the book, and again, don't remember much! Memory isn't my thing ;).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, Manhunter was sooooo creepy!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI - For those in the SF Bay Area!

Due to a live baseball game, Grimm will NOT air on NBC channel 3 or 703 (HD) tonight!

Once again, it is airing on KICU, channel 6 and 706 (HD) at its regular time, 9:00 pm.

Also - Hannibal is set to air at its regular time of 10:01 pm on NBC channel 3, 703 (HD)....but the last time there was a live game preceding it and Grimm was moved to channel 6, the game ran long and Hannibal didn't air at all.

Consider yourselves warned!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have set Grimm (it wouldn't have taped at all for me) and padded Hannibal by an hour! Thank you thank you thank you!