TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Penny Dreadful - SHOWTIME

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Penny Dreadful - SHOWTIME users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 02, 2014Daydreamer25 07-02-14  5:01 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The first episode of season 2 is already in on-demand, 2 weeks early. (in case you can't wait :-))

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Those voodoo dolls are creepy! I don't understand how they have a real brain in them. Where are the brains from?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody else think Timothy Dalton is exponentially more handsome and sexy now that he is older than when he was younger doing the James Bond thing?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I guess not LOL. My own husband is 25 years old than I am, so maybe I am prone to thinking older is more sexy. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The premiere is an on-demand already and it was so good!

Two more infamous horror characters join the story in the premiere. And they are doozies.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 01, 2016 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now that it's actually aired, I can say how awesome I think it is that Dracula and Dr.Jekyll have have joined the show. The actor playing Dr. Jekyll is incredible handsome. I wonder how terrible they will make him look when he becomes Mr. Hyde.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watch the finale? I hate to see this show go. I'd have liked to have continued the stories of Frankenstein's monster and lily, at least. Sad ending

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel like it could have lasted another season or two if they friggin hadn't made Vanessa so doomed and miserable so soon. I enjoyed this show so much, and really thought they were going to make the Dr. Jekyll/Hyde story into something deeper. But I felt they just skimmed it.

John Clare's story end had me tearing up.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The actor playing Dr. Jekyll is incredible handsome. I wonder how terrible they will make him look when he becomes Mr. Hyde."

Yeah, I was looking forward to that too, but...

In the finale, Dr Jekyll said his father died and he inherited the estate and the title...and that's when Victor Frankenstein called him "Lord Hyde".

That was a surprise to me...if "Hyde" was his given name does that mean "Jekyll" was actually the alter ego, the one he became after taking the potion? After all, his work was all about making a potion to bring out the good side and we never saw his bad side. Granted, he was obsessed and a bit manic about his work and reputation, but not evil like "Hyde" has always been in the DJ/MH movies I've seen.

Or was his father, Lord Hyde, the one who was transformed from good to bad? The loss of his father seemed to be a relief for Dr Jekyll (AKA, the new "Lord Hyde") so I wondered if daddy was actually the evil Hyde all along.

None of this ever crossed my mind until I heard Victor address him that way. (I don't remember if they had ever previously revealed him to be a member of the Hyde family.)

Was this a confusing surprise to anyone else or was it just me totally missing some of Jekyll's back story along the way?

I do wish Jekyll's character had been explored more deeply...

-------

As for the ending, I was fine with it. I don't think Vanessa's story could've ever had a truly happy ending. Her whole life revolved around death and horror while being tracked and tormented by Dracula. Her sacrifice to save the world was probably the happiest ending she could've had.

Great show...the characters were multilayered and totally amazing, so unlike the original characters in the movies made in the 1930s to the 1950s.

Well done, Showtime!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here we go again!

Penny Dreadful: City Of Angels

Natalie Dormer (Game of Thrones) and Daniel Zovatto (Fear the Walking Dead) head the cast of this Penny Dreadful follow-up series set in late-1930s Los Angeles. Kerry Bishé, Nathan Lane, Jessica Garza, Piper Perabo, Adam Rodriguez, Brent Spiner, and Adriana Barraza also star, while the original show's Rory Kinnear will appear in a different role.

Set in 1938 Los Angeles, detective Tiago Vega (Daniel Zovatto) and his partner Lewis Michener (Nathan Lane) investigate a shocking murder and soon find themselves facing strange and powerful forces like Magda (Natalie Dormer) in this next (but unrelated) chapter of John Logan's Penny Dreadful.

Premieres
Saturday, April 25.

https://www.sho.com/penny-dreadful-city-of-angels

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Heads up, looks like it starts tonight on SHOWTIME. The First ep is in on-demand if you want to watch it early.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the premiere was good!

There are 2 supernatural sisters, Magda (very evil), and Santa Muerte, The Saint of Death (helps people cross over, not evil). They seem to hate each other.

They use real history as the backdrops, as Magda goes around causing deaths, and really horrible ones. It starts in 1938 when tensions are high between white people and Mexican people in Los Angeles. And Nazis can safely be in the open, though still thought of badly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: