TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 02, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through May 02, 2014 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, April 18, 2014 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Oh.My.Goodness. I laughed til I cried. FX has done it again. First The Americans and now this. Wow! Too, too delicious!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Not for me…I Just can't take all the gratuitous naughty words….mostly at female expense.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I think the 1st ep will show again at least twice more before ep 2 is shown. I think one of the ep 1 repeats will be immed before ep 2.

Billy B. T. is the perfect character!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I finally watched my recording last night. I absolutely loved this show!!!

It is definitely "DVR season-pass worthy."

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Also loved the premiere episode!!! Watched it just in time to catch the new episode tonight!!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That toilet bowl scene in tonight's episode was absolutely hysterical. I could not stop laughing. It's going to be hard for them to top that one.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Yes, the toilet scene was very, very funny!

And what was with the jar of pee in the kids' closet? I loved the close up of him watching TV and eating....just staring ahead but keenly aware of the adult conversation, i.e. "language".

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Does anyone here know sign language? I don't but it just didn't look right when the two men were signing. Looked more like that guy at Mandela s memorial. Any insight??

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Funny you should ask that, Spoton! I just looked that up today out of curiosity and here is the answer.

It's real sign language, but the signed conversation has nothing to do with anything in the scene....LOL

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/fargo-fx-noah-hawley-adam-goldberg-decode-sign-language-030333270.html

They also said in the future, they will put up subtitles for the signs.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja - you always come through!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
That is funny about the sign language. I look forward to the upcoming subtitles.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying the show, but still having a hard time getting past my love for the film. I guess what I need to do is just tell myself I can watch the film and wallow in it when the series is over. LOL. Billy Bob is a hoot and he'll keep me turning in. I love the methodical pacing of the show and the quirky humor. Nice to see something fresh and yet old on TV.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Egbok, I think the jar of pee was for deer hunting.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Awwww, ya don't say!

LOL, Californian here and obviously I don't know much about that there deer hunting stuff. (Trying to speak like Fargo characters)

Thank you Lexie!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The dad said the autistic boy liked to pee in a mason jar he kept in the closet. No mention of hunting! LOL!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
When they were "signing", I was laughing out loud!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I didn't catch Brenda. I've heard of deer hunters using urine to lure deer, and I thought Nyland's brother asked him if he wanted to go deer hunting that weekend.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Just caught the first episode. BBT has always been one of my top male actors. Loved seeing some Dexter and Breaki g Bad alums.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Hope this isn't a stupid question: The show is called Fargo, but they seem to be in the town of Bemidji, MN, right?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I think the "mob" boss is from Fargo. Those two bad guys mentioned "back in Fargo" or something like that. The hired killer is in Duluth right now.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The show is called Fargo, but they seem to be in the town of Bemidji, MN, right?"

And the movie "Fargo" actually took place in and around Brainerd, Minnesota.

In the movie, only one meeting in a restaurant (to plan the crime) actually took place in Fargo, but the murders and everything else took place in Minnesota.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I tuned in to this show because of the cast that I knew - Hanks, Carridine, Thornton - but the one making me care enough to keep coming back and watch is the one I didn't know from before -Allison Tolman who plays Molly Solverson. Geez she is great in her role! Quiet but there's alot of strength brewing under there!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree, Kappy. She's great.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Doofus brother #1 shooting doofus brother #2 in the butt with that harpoon (or whatever that thing was): HIGH-larious. And how in the world did Lorne get all that blood into the shower's water supply? Reminded me of the climactic prom scene in "Carrie" -- very messy!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 02, 2014 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky -- I'm thinking you could drain the hot water heater and then put the pig's blood in there. ICK!

My DVR cut off and didn't record the end. So annoying. IT had recorded for 65 minutes. I guess this is going to be one of those shows that constantly runs over? I set it to record extra minutes.