TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The 100: Archive through April 26, 2014 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. I guess it's not a good sign that I had to start a thread for this show. I just watched it, and it wasn't great, but I like a lot of the characters. Not sure I like where this is going, though. I wonder if this will last. Anyone?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm watching. This show has been discussed a bit in the Sci-Fi Show Discussion Thread, but having its own thread is probably a good idea.

It's different than most CW shows that take place in a high school and revolves around a love triangle between a girl, a good boy, and a bad boy.

At least this one has a few adults and a giant snake and possibly a tribe of monkey people. :-)

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/6465/7059291.html&lm=1395384861

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. Now I gotta get the books.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
There are books???

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Second epi was last night, and I liked it again. I thought the first episode ended pretty predictably (who didn;t know that the first person over the river was gonna get killed, whooping and hollering in the open on that other bank??).

But the second one was more surprising, better.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Certainly if they keep the identity of the mysterious beings hidden for long the show may keep me interested, if they were able to magically keep the boy alive they may be smarter than we think, I doubt they're monkeys though, too much like the Planet of the Apes, and only 100 years is not long enough for them to have evolved into some kind of monsters.

Would be nice to see the next drop with the girl's mother along with the new tough girl who will join the gang, but they need some kind of structure, even if they don't want to follow rules, they need some planning on how to survive or they're doomed.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Didn't we see a mysterious being in the preview? (I thought I did!)

Isn't the new tough girl the girl friend of the young man who has eyes for Clark?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Well, now I know why I didn't see this till Tuesday when they showed the repeat. It comes on Wednesday nights when I have too many shows to watch in one night. If they continue to show the repeat on Tuesdays, I may continue to watch, otherwise no.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Didn't we see a mysterious being in the preview? (I thought I did!) "

In the preview they showed a shot of that mysterious guy wearing some kind of weird headgear....and that exact same shot was shown in the final few seconds of this week's episode.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, and I was thinking his head armor was the same odd shape as the skull they found?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
For those who can't watch this show on Wednesdays they are replaying the episodes on Tuesdays at 9pm for the next couple weeks. This is all according to TV Guide.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
yeah, that's how I saw the first episode. Hopefully, they'll keep doing that. I only have New Girl on Tuesdays at the moment.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
At the end of the episode I think the masked Grounder from the preview was up in a tree looking at them all below. Apart from the mask he looked human to me rather than ape, but the skeleton and skull they found were definitely big ape.

The cat/dog thing that attacked looked like a new species. I don't know what continent they're meant to be on, but it looked like a cross between a jaguar and a hyena. If that species can evolve then so could the apes.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
If anyone is unable to watch on Tuesday or Wednesday, you can watch on the CW website:

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/the-100/

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Question - Does anyone know how many people are still on the ark?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
thanks

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
your welcome. :-) I was trying to figure out how much of their population they would be "culling" if they vented 200 (or 300) people.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I had to watch this show online this week and while I enjoyed the show, I did not like watching online. Way too many commercials, and about halfway through, it completely froze up and had to reboot and start again. Ugh!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, my hope for futuristic monkey people did not pan out.

Pasmaidi-1
egotvonline.com

:-)

I wonder how they chose that part of the planet as the destination. One would think they would've chosen an area that was more suited to farming or near the ocean (for fishing) than a rain forest. Or how about near a city where shelter would be more readily available? I'm sure that if those kids can just happen to stumble onto a hidden van or a well stocked bomb shelter (both suitable for shelter from storms and/or hiding from grounders) out in the middle of nowhere then there must still be actual buildings made of concrete that would've held up enough for decent shelter or a place to start a village or community. Just having a tent village with a fence made from sticks in the middle of a forest isn't the best place to begin rebuilding a society.

I like the show, but I just wish they were more realistic when it comes to how things would've actually been after the earth had recovered from a nuclear war. The earth can't be all forest except for one van and a bomb shelter!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sanfran!

I thought they chose it because it was close to where they believed a store of supplies was cached? Something Mountain? But when they first tried to get there, that's when the one young man got speared, so they gave up.

I keep wondering why they didn't give them weapons! I dont' think they intended to have these kids build a society. They were just the canaries in the mineshaft, weren't they? To see if they would be killed by radiation?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I forgot about the mountain top cache of supplies...but it's still not very practical to send teens that have never even been outside to make their way to the top of a mountain to find supplies.

Oops. Never mind...I forgot that this is on the CW. I keep expecting to see an interesting sci-fi plot line, but it being on the CW means the main plot point is probably just the Finn, Morgan, and Raven love triangle.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You're probably right.

I'm still trying to figure out the role of the one that kidnapped Octavia, and how he fits (or doesn't) with the other grounders.

I was thinking it was the fog horn that scared the other grounders away. The fog horn that Finn saw on the kidnapper.

So he saved them, but after he locked up Octavia? Don't get it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm still holding out hope that the bad grounders are monkey people ;). I think Octavia's friend was a good guy... just misunderstood. I think he knew the bad grounders would be in that area and he took her underground to keep her safe.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
When I watch this show I can't help but wanting the people left on the space station to come down to earth as soon as possible to bring some order in that chaotic society they're creating and instead of fighting each other start trying to re-discover the planet and understand the strange 'grounders' who seem to have acquired medicinal powers. Ooops... wasn't this supposed to be another sci-fi horror?..oh well...