TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 19, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 19, 2014 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
If the story was set anywhere else, some of these s/l would not raise an eyebrow. But with the great character development over the years, they shouldnt have to push some of this stuff onto them for ratings or attention. A big shocker/murder doesnt have to be taking place every week to get people to watch!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Like if it was BB we wouldn't bat an eye, lol.

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
While watching CS I didn't enjoy my tea any more, I used to relax at 0800 on Sunday mornings. So sad see I am not missing much from the comments in the link. Thanks Jasper.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the Corrie special A Moving Story.

Hopefully the writers are listening to the hew and cry of fans and will get back to what makes the Street special.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
The moving episode was fun to watch and see how much the show has done over 50 years.
Everything on tv always seems to have to be bigger better crazier than before, so I have a bad feeling things will get even more outlandish on the show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
One of my biggest issues with the Owen.Gary, Phelan story is that as a bad guy I just feel revulsion for him. He's a reptile. In the past with Richard and Tony you somehow felt compassion for them as well, despite the reprehensible things they did. Pat Phelan just needs a wall at the job site to fall on him and his odious wife and we can wipe our hands clean of this storyline.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
From your keyboard to the writer's ears Jasper! ITA. With other baddies on the show, there was always some humour or something that was vunerable and reached the viewer. This Phelan guy makes me so mad everytime he's on screen! If a building fell on him I would cheer. Unfortunately, from what I've read, things are going to get worse!!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I know. He just really makes my skin crawl, as does the direction of the story. It does nothing imo to make the viewer want to watch his scenes. Good job if that is what they told him to try to convey but I don't want to watch it. There is nothing but a man who wants to belittle and crush people. What is it his wife said, he likes to mess with people's minds. Fun. Not.

And who is this man in Gail's house? Where is that going? And the money Beth got, I hope she does lend it to Ches and he buys in with dev. But I hear she wants a boob job. What a interesting and amusing storyline. Insert big sigh.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
When that man sneaked into Gail's house, I really thought for a minute, she was going to burst out with 'oh look its so and so. Havent seen you in years!' He even looked like he was going to announce something, but ran off.
He sure messed up David and Kylie's night of romance--lol.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Those scenes at the bar and Kylie and David trying to get some time alone have been the high points of the eps lately. The bar scenes was funny. Daveeed indeed! lol

Yeah Cable it seemed like she was trying to place him, it was an odd scene. Bless Kylie for recognizing Gail didn't want to be alone. The cricket bat didn't seem to be a big enough clue for David.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
lol and Kirk bless him as well and his conversation with Beth about spaniels and their ears.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
There are still some down to earth true to their roots people on this show and Kirk is certainly one of them. I read that another favorite old character is coming back to the show and that should liven things up.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
ooh do tell?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Alrighty--Steve's dad, Jim will be seen this summer!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ahh so it is! I can't wait. I love Jim.

That's funny I'm reading and Irish Country Village and half the characters and that has come up, so,or so it is.

Peapod

01-31-2004

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
So my local channel (the CBC) is being interuppted because of the hockey playoffs. And shows labeled as corrie are not recording the right shows! Please tell me what has happened this week on Mon, Tues, and Wed. Pleeeeaaasee!!! TIA

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It is on at 3pm during playoffs You can catch up with the eps Sunday morning still

Peapod

01-31-2004

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jasper I'll do that

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, April 18, 2014 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
What a dirtbag! And you all know who I;m talking about.

I'm not sure about this whole gym thing. Let's face it it is not some where you'll find most of the residents spending there time. It will be such a forced situation. Maybe they want to bring more pretty skinny people on? I think they should bring Kelly Crabtree back to work at the factory.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I'm sure the younger people on the street will join and new schemes and intrigue will be hatched there! I wondered a few months back why a personal trainer showed up and got Dev and Nick interested in getting into shape! I'm still wondering.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think they just wanted to utilize Jimi Mistry. I think he is quite well known,
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jan/13/muslim-family-coronation-street-itv

I do like him and hope maybe he and Leanne will get to know each other. But I do think the gym is naff. Although it will be a new source of employment right on their doorstep!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I did read that they were auditioning for new young sexy females.
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
to replace Michelle

They are in short supply of vapid sexpots since Rosie left. But there is always Eva who seems to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Perfect for Jason. But really to go where your mom has been. yuck

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes is somewhat off putting for Eva. And where are Jason's brains? (Oh never mind)
I didnt realize another resident is leaving the Street! Its an exodus! I've been wondering why we havent seen Ken back. Kevin has made an appearance, but not Mr. Barlow!

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I read it all here didn't see if Marcus and Todd ran away yet, I might start watching when M leaves Steve.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Sorry wrong name there ladies. That's her real name, not the character. Should have been
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Tina