TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 15, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through April 15, 2014 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Witches sounds very interesting. I will try to catch it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Cablejockey, just the preview show has 'Witches' in the title. The show itself is only called Salem from the post above that one.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
yup, Cable you'll be able to catch it on Space. The commercial was pretty creepy.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
No actual dates yet, but here are two more shows coming this summer. They both come from well known directors.

They both look like fun to me. :-)

The Last Ship
Coming to TNT Summer 2014 : http://www.tntdrama.com/series/the-last-ship/
Their mission is simple: Find a cure. Stop the virus. Save the world. When a global pandemic wipes out eighty percent of the planet's population, the crew of a lone naval destroyer must find a way to pull humanity from the brink of extinction.

Executive Producer Michael Bay presents The Last Ship, a post-apocalyptic action drama series, starring Eric Dane, Rhona Mitra and Adam Baldwin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gZ6bpIjeLs

----------
The Strain
Coming to FX Summer 2014 : FX announced this week that it ordered a full season of a new vampire show called "The Strain," set to debut in summer of 2014. The story was created by A-list director Guillermo del Toro and has already been featured in three novels and bunch of comic books. So what sets this vampire series apart from all the others? We'll break it down for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ChKfigSgYs

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I'm so excited that we will be getting Salem on Space, can't wait!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You guys in Canada are lucky to get Salem on Space channel. The channel we get it on (WGNA) is also a sports channel, so the shows following it are never shown on time.

I'm Chicago Cubs Baseball fan, and I think maybe one out every 10 games ends on time, as well as the Sox games they show.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Glad I checked in this thread. I'm a "Salem girl", born and raised and lived there until I bought a house 15 miles north in 2002. I'll definitely watch this series. Hearing about the witchcraft era was a HUGE part of living in Salem. As teens we always hung out at Gallows Hill, where the witches were hanged (it's now a park).

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Orphan Black - the date has been changed to April 19 on Space

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's been announced that Stephen Colbert is going to take over from David Letterman in 2015.

I can't imagine how it's going to go, I love Stephen Colbert but he's a character when he's on his show, is he going to be a character on the Late Show, or just himself? Will people respond if he's just himself? I'm sure he'll be good as he's reportedly a very sweet and witty guy, but I don't know how his original audience will like the switch.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I love The Colbert Report, and even if he's good on the Late Show, it won't be the same. He won't have the freedom he has on Comedy Central.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I posted about this in another thread. Meet the new hack,same as the old hack. I don't like to talk about politics in a TV thread but do we really need another talk show host that represents the left wing- interpreting the news to the un-informed? He will not be in character according to CBS.How bout a woman replacement. Amy Poeler would be good.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I agree, Merrysea. I wonder if he'll be ColberT with a T, as that's his real name pronunciation. It's going to be weird!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't see why politics has to come into it, Lakecat. It's just a talk show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
But somehow I bet politics *will* come into it.Thats what his followers will be expecting.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Colbert is going to be shedding his persona and being himself so I don't see why he would suddenly add a political overtone to the Late Show, it's a whole different gig.

And after the initial show of support I don't think his fans will be watching, not the same sort of show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'd be happy to see him as a show host! I think he is very intelligent, and quite funny.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rosemary’s Baby,” the four-hour adaptation of the 1967 best-selling suspense novel by Ira Levin, will air on NBC Sunday, May 11 and Thursday, May 15. The telecast will air each night from 9-11 p.m. ET/PT.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/04/10/miniseries-rosemarys-baby/..../

------

Now this looks interesting. I'm looking forward to it. They have been airing some cryptic and creepy previews.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder that "Fargo" starts Tuesday night on FX channel. It's based on that crazy movie of the same name from the 90s.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Fargo also has the Coen Brothers on board as producers (they're the guys who did the movies,"Fargo" and "Arizona" and lots more).

AND it stars Billy Bob Thornton ("Sling Blade"), Martin Freeman ("Sherlock UK" and "The Hobbit"), and Bob Odekirk (sleazy lawyer Saul from "Breaking Bad")!

Wow! Excellent cast!

I already can tell that I love this show.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'm excited for this one!!

Riviere

09-09-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Sounds like it may have fun with the 'bad guys" but there won't be pregnant police officers!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
No premiere date yet, but this looks good... It's almost the reverse of Resurrection. In HBO's "The Leftovers", 2% of the world's population suddenly vanishes.

About the Show:

When 2% of the world's population abruptly disappears without explanation, the world struggles to understand just what they're supposed to do about it. The new drama series 'The Leftovers' is the story of the people who didn't make the cut.

Based on the bestselling novel by Tom Perrotta, 'The Leftovers' follows Kevin Garvey, a father of two and the chief of police in a small New York suburb, as he tries to maintain some semblance of normalcy when the notion no longer applies. The series is executive produced by 'Lost' co-creator Damon Lindelof, together with Perrotta and 'Friday Night Lights' executive producers Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey. Lindelof serves as the series showrunner.

http://www.hbo.com/the-leftovers#/the-leftovers/about/video/tease-numbers.html/eNrjcmbO0CzLTEnNd8xLzKksyUx2zs8rSa0oUc-PSYEJBSSmp-ol5qYy5zMXsjGyMXIyMrJJJ5aW5BfkJFbalhSVpgIAXbkXOA==

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Curious! I like the look of that one! I see a premiere date of June 15th (Sundays at 10pm) for it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That link doesn't work for me, prob cuz I'm in Canada. I found this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGjWr0K85S8

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Another interesting concept. Can't wait!