TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 25, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 25, 2014 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Every person in that board room was guilty of fraternization at one point or another. Some within the past 24 hours. It sucks that Jo is getting the short end of the stick.

Good lord! Derrick slept with an intern the night before she BECAME an intern. And he didn't even know her name!

How awkward for her to be sitting there, knowing they'd all done it at some point and then to have April and Avery share their news in the middle of a meeting that was basically determining her fate.

Bad form Board Members...bad form indeed.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
In my work experience (on a university campus) the rules never applied to the board or the higher up administrators. No dating between faculty and students, absolute rule... except that the dean married a student as soon as she graduated. No parking except in marked lanes.... but the pres parked in front of his door all the time... no skates, skateboards or bikes in certain areas of campus, unless you are the grandchild of a board member... on and on and on.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They didn't own the hospital and weren't on the board back when fraternization started, with day one of the show. Now of course Derrick didn't know Meredith was going to be an intern that first night and she didn't know he was going to start working at Seattle Grace that night.. but it kept going.

Christina is a multiple offender.. twice as the one who didn't have the power and once with one where she had the power

But every person in that board room didn't come up with that policy.. Hunt and the attornies dod.

And yes, Arizona should have said no but she was kind of stalked by that very annoying intern, too.

Without fraternization they wouldn't have had a show ;)

I like the Chief (who will always be the Chief to me, not Hunt) is now in charge of the residents or interns..

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, after so many years of watching this show, it's nice to know they actually have an HR department!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Wow, the intern's complaint was on Callie...with somewhat reasonable reasons. My daughter's comment "Why is everything now about lawyers?" Boy is that a mouthful!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was so disappointed in last night's show. While I love seeing Sandra Oh's wonderful acting in every scene, the storyline did nothing for me.... mainly because, it's all over the media that she is leaving the series at the end of the season.

I don't think this is a spoiler because ew.com is reporting it, but Shane is also leaving at the end of this season. Now, I am wondering if Christina takes Shane with her wherever she goes. Oh, ew.com also reports that Leah is leaving, but I didn't care for her character at all. So, don't let the door hit ya ....

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Who is Leah?

Once I kind of figured out what was going on I rather enjoyed this episode, although it was different from the norm. I liked seeing the characters' progression over the year and how uniquely each one changed from her perspective based on the changes she experienced. I like how brutally honest she portrayed herself (unhappy with the chains of motherhood although she obviously loved her children with her whole heart, brutal to the point of being icy cold when she was on the career path) - I think this was just foreshadowing of the decision she will make to leave Seattle Grace. She is such a fantastic actress. At times I look at her and think she is extremely beautiful, and yet she can be so not at times! (And I was glad she saved Jackson from hand injury at the end...and thought April was very cute when she was pregnant.)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Leah is the intern who had an 'affair' with Arizona and reported harassment by Callie in the operating room... her name could be something else, I never cared for her character, so I never internalized her name ... she's the long haired blond intern.

I read a review of the episode on ew.com. They loved it. It was too much like a dream episode to me. However, I have to say that the acting between Owen and Christina was fantastic. They have so much chemistry, it just oozes off the screen. I don't know what Owen will do after Christina leaves. He's such a good actor too, I want him to find someone. I also want Alex to get married and have a bunch of kids!

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a great episode. I love Sandra Oh. I loved how it showed that each and every decision has such a huge affect on so many people and so many things. I thought it was really well done.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I liked how this episode showed us that no matter which decision Yang makes, it will result in some good things but still cost some big sacrifices. She's always such a perfectionist in the way she looks at life and her career that she probably never realized that in the real world, her decisions will not necessarily make her happy or unhappy. Her life will always be a combination of both happiness and sacrifice, whether she chooses to stay with Owen or not.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was thinking when they got the dog,shed change her mind about a baby. Her and Owen would walk hand in hand into the sunset and to another hospital. I like happy endings. I'm thinking next season will be the last for GA so I'd be ok with losing Owen in that way.
Side note- speaking of happy endings,I just saw the series finale of Dexter and hated it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Pretty good show last night. I enjoyed watching Christina work while everyone wanting to congratulate her. She seemed so grown up now.... then, finally, at the end of the show, showing herself as the person who really really wants to win the Avery award. However, somehow, I think she may not win it... and makes me wonder if that be the reason she leaves Seattle?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Or she does win it and is offered an opportunity that she can't pass up. Rumor has it that somehow Dr. Burke comes back in the picture? Or did I just dream that up?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I also heard that Dr. Burke was coming back, so I'm assuming that either they will get back together as a couple, or he will offer her a position she can't refuse.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, Isaiah Washington is set to return to GA....and Entertainment Weekly has some theories (not spoilers) about what could happen when Burke returns:

Dr. Burke returns to 'Grey's Anatomy': What will happen?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/07/isaiah-washington-burke-greys-anatomy/

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on the board. Patrick Dempsey's mother Amanda died last month of ovarian cancer. Patrick and his sisters founded the Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing in Maine six years ago following her illness and treatment. Here is a nice article about Amanda and about the center.

bangordailynews

Also, here is a sweet picture of mother and son from the same website.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What a sweet expression he has on his face. You can see the love that he has for her.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wow, that is such a sweet photo. Agreed, lots of love there.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
In regards to Burke, my speculation is that he's at the Avery awards banquet and she runs into him there. Maybe he offers her something great at another hospital... where he's at... that she can't turn down.

Burke and Christina were great on the show... until Isaiah Washington screwed it up with his stupid stupid remarks.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well we didn't see him there, yet.. just her with Owen and Meredith, who came to support her and surprise her and then her finding out she didn't win.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 4:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
I don't think I am going to be able to continue to watch without Christina on the show. Super bummed.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes, she was my favorite too.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Looks like Burke comes back next week.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Friday, April 25, 2014 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
It was a good show last night. I'm not thrilled to see Burke for some reason for next weeks episode.

I like that Amelia was on. I wonder if she is going to come in to maybe filled the gap that Christina is going to leave behind.