TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 17, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through April 17, 2014 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Fargo has come to television!

Starts tonight at 10pm on the FX network.

Fargo | FX Networks

fargologo

An original adaptation of the Academy Award-winning feature film, Fargo features an all-new “true crime" story and follows a new case and new characters, all entrenched in the trademark humor, murder and “Minnesota nice" that made the film an enduring classic. Oscar winner Billy Bob Thornton stars as “Lorne Malvo,” a rootless, manipulative man who meets and forever changes the life of small town insurance salesman “Lester Nygaard,” played by BAFTA Award winner and Emmy-nominated Martin Freeman. Colin Hanks plays Duluth Police Deputy “Gus Grimly,” a single dad who must choose between his own personal safety and his duty as a policeman when he comes face-to-face with a killer. Allison Tolman also stars as “Molly Solverson,” an ambitious Bemidji deputy.

Rounding out Fargo’s colorful cast of recurring characters will be Emmy winner Bob Odenkirk as “Deputy Bill Oswalt,” Golden Globe and Emmy-nominated Oliver Platt as “Stavros Milos,” Screen Actors Guild Award winner Kate Walsh as “Gina Hess,” Glenn Howerton (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) as “Don Chumph,” Joey King as “Greta Grimly,” Peter Breitmayer as “Lieutenant Schmidt,” Tom Musgrave as “Bo Munk,” Josh Close as “Chazz Nygaard,” Russell Harvard as “Mr. Wrench,” Adam Goldberg as “Mr. Numbers,” Keegan-Michael Key as “Bill Budge" and Jordan Peele as “Webb Pepper."

A 10-episode limited series, Fargo is written by Noah Hawley. Emmy Award-winning director Adam Bernstein directed the premiere hour. Hawley, Warren Littlefield, Joel & Ethan Coen and Geyer Kosinski serve as executive producers. Fargo is produced by MGM Television and FX Productions.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/fargo/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I liked the movie!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I loved the movie, which is why I'm a bit afraid of this one. Sounds promising but the film is a hard act to follow!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
There's no need to compare it to the film....it's a different crime, a different story, with different characters. I read somewhere that the Coen Brothers (executive producers of this) set the tone to this series so that it has a similar tone to their film, but besides that, it's all new.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The first 7 minutes of this new Fargo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQiX9xHxHcg

ETA - The premiere episode is 97 minutes long!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Too bad it is on the same time as Person of Interest.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Fortunately (at least in Canada) it repeats several times.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, the premiere repeats THREE times, back to back, tonight.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
For some reason, I never did see the movie. So, I have nothing to compare it too. But, I do have to say that I LOVED the premiere episode. So quirky!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Within the first 30 minutes of the show, I had decided that the Chief of Police was going to be my favorite character among this group of oddballs.

Dang it.

I'll be giving it another chance next week. There are still a lot of good actors in this cast!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfranjoshfan.

Truebritt

09-20-2006

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Truebritt a private message Print Post    
To Sanfranjoshfan -- I first came here in 2000, for the talk about the first Big Brother (Chicken George, "Sloshie"/Josh, Eddie, Curtis & the gang) and you were always one of my favorite posters. I left for a while and was so glad to see that you were still here when I rejoined! You always have such good insights and interesting comments -- just wanted to let you know :-)

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I loved the movie Fargo and I absolutely loved the premiere episode of FX's Fargo! I watched it with dh and I kept laughing at some of the most quirky, yet horrible, scenes. And then I'd say out loud to dh, aww geesh...I shouldn't be laughing.

That's Fargo for ya!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks Truebritt and you're welcome Lazylu!

This premiere was no less than perfect. This most definitely has all the flavor and humor of the "Fargo" movie (and most of the Coen Brothers other films) and it was absolutely hysterical!

Billy Bob Thornton was a real piece of work in this (I love his bangs). I also loved how he could talk to someone for just a minute or two, plant an evil seed in their minds and then sit back and enjoy the show....like when he got the motel guy to pee in his boss's gas tank. And the way he set Mickey against his younger, "dumb-as-a-dog's-foot" brother was absolute genius!

The best part is that this was just the first of 10 episodes! It's my new favorite series. I'm very happy that this one completely lived up to all my very high expectations. That NEVER happens!

Can't wait until next week!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 1:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Did everyone recognize Bob Odekirk as Bob, the moustached cop who throws up when he sees blood?

Yep, that was good old Saul "Better Call Saul" Goodman, the sleaziest and funniest lawyer ever (from "Breaking Bad"). I hope his character is highlighted a lot more in coming episodes...he was my second favorite character on Breaking Bad (Walter and Jessie tied for first).

I'm having movie night with a friend tomorrow. I plan on getting him hooked on this series....it won't be very difficult because he's a huge Coen Brothers fan. So far I've gotten him hooked on True Blood and American Horror Story....and this is a guy who has issues with television and refuses to get rabbit ears or cable TV! He only uses his TV to watch movies on DVD.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 2:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
What a great premiere!! It started a bit slow but then picked up steam. I love the twisted humor. I had several laugh out loud moments.

Billy Bob is uber creepy, yet funny, and I loved Martin as Lester. The whole cast is great. So good to see Bob Odenkirk again.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I loved Fargo (the movie)!!! I've watched it at least 10 times over the years. I recorded the show last night and will watch it this weekend. From your reviews, it sounds like its a keeper on the DVR season pass.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
SFJF, I am a huge Coen Brothers fan. I love all of their movies. I can't sit through 5 minutes of a Tarantino film, but I love me some Coen Brothers.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Love, love, LOVED IT. And no, Sanfran, I didn't recognize Bob/Saul at all, and I was looking out for him too. Billy Bob is great for this role and as for his bangs...LOL. So pleased there's a decent show on to replace the spot Justified just left. I really can't do the networks too much any more with all the shitty writing and breaks between episodes. Case in point: Blacklist!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm glad to hear all the rave reviews. Forgot to DVR this one. Will have to search it out tonight.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I believe you'll love it, Brenda, giving your taste in other shows and movies :-)

Aurora

11-24-2006

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aurora a private message Print Post    
Best show on TV right now. I'm just disappointed that it's only ten episodes.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
OMG.....this show is awesome and I 'me only an hour into it. "Saul " is better looking on this show for some reason.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This premiere really was great. Super great. I came here as soon as I watched it wanting to mention "Saul", but I see you guys did spot him already.

It's looking like Tuesdays are my new Wednesday (or Sunday for that matter). Meaning there are too many shows to watch in one evening on that night.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I watched it last night and really enjoyed it - I had never even heard of the movie Fargo so I had no idea what to expect, but based on the positive reviews here I decided to give it a shot - I thought it started out a bit slow, but when it ended I thought wow, that was great! And now I can't wait til next week!

So many "big name" actors too...well, what *I* consider big name...especially Martin Freeman! With no accent! LOL