TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 30, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 30, 2014 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
If she does end up back there, I hope Kerry and all the people that left with her have jobs there. It would be rather dirty to just have her leave the firm that they just started.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If they go that route, I would think they would merge the 2 companies with Cary's name being on the masthead as well.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
And hopefully the investigation into Peter will end now that they've lost their potential key witness.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There is going to be one (maybe two?) episodes with newly-filmed flashbacks that we haven't seen before that will help to explain things. A little more of Will / Josh Charles.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, That works for me. :-)

Whiplash

03-29-2011

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whiplash a private message Print Post    
The guy who plays Will will be on Letterman tonight to talk about the ending.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/good-wife-creators-write-letter-to-fans-after-bombshell-plot-twist-major-spoilers-2014243

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sad to say, I saw hints all over the Internet of a "shocking death" before I was able to watch my recording. Damn Internet!!! Why do they always do that to me? This happened to me with Person of Interest and Detective Carter! Grrrrrr!!!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I hope Michael J. Fox is only there temporarily. If not, I won't bother watching any longer.

Whiplash

03-29-2011

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whiplash a private message Print Post    
Can I ask why the lack of Michael J. Fox love? Just curious...

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I have never liked anything M. J. Fox has ever been in beginning way back on that first show about a family. I forget the name of it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I am a huge MJF fan. He has written 3 wonderful books that I highly recommend.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm with LazyLu. I've never thought he was that good of an actor and he comes off as very smug and self-important. He's just meh to me and always has been just meh to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Supposidly, MJF is only on the show for about 4 episodes.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
They'll get the quirky lawyer we saw 2 episodes ago... at least I hope.

It seems the 'shock' kill off is now a trend and we should see other shows doing the same thing... well, Person of Interest did that last season, never expected that one either...

it seems only Revenge they keep coming because never going for good...

Anyway, after the next episode it seems The Good Wife goes again on sleep and they'll kill of our enthusiasm for the show... again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just stopped in wondering how fans were reacting. I gave up on the show as it got meaner and have been gone for quite awhile.

The MJ Fox character and many of his characters, I really do hate and don't want to see.

MJ Fox as a person and an author is completely separate.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I still LOVE this show. The writing is outstanding. They don't follow the same old formula as other shows. I love a show that takes twists and turns you don't see coming a mile away. Yes, there's been some meanness since Alicia split off from Lockhart Gardner, but that's the way the world is. I'm hoping maybe Cary and Alicia will merge back with Diane and become Lockhard Florrick Agos.

And I adore Carrie Preston (Elsbeth). She just makes me smile every time she shows up on my TV. She and Michael Emerson must make quite the pair in real life. Would love to have dinner with them!

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Anyway, after the next episode it seems The Good Wife goes again on sleep

What does that mean??

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
BJM a pal of mine is pals with Carrie and Michael, and I am green with envy!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
This is one of my favorite shows, I just don't want to see MJF as a regular on it. Four episodes are 3 too many.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
BJM a pal of mine is pals with Carrie and Michael, and I am green with envy!

Me too!!!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Holly, I meant after "The Last Call" next week, they'll be gone till the next season will start again, or maybe they'll be gone for the spring break, who knows but I don't see them coming for another month at least.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
According to my newest source (which I’ll tell you about in the next paragraph), next week's episode (Season 5 Episode 16) "The Last Call" airs March 30. Next show after that (Episode 17 "A Material World") is April 13 (two week wait). Next Episode after that is Episode 18. Show title and date show "TBA." My other two normal sources are IMDB, which only lists the episodes through “The Last Call,” and The Futon Critic, which shows we are currently in Season 5, of which there are 22 episodes.

As for my new source, my niece turned me on to a nifty new android app called "TV Show Favs." It’s also available on Kindle. It's also a free app. After you sign up for an account, you plug in your favorite shows, and it will tell you when upcoming episodes are, and what episodes have already aired (and when). It also gives you season/episode numbers as well. If you keep up with it, it will also tell you which episodes you’ve watched, and what the next episode up is for you to watch. Whenever my niece comes over, she and sis kinda take over the TV, so I try to bump my shows upstairs to the DVR in my room. Unfortunately they don’t all take due to conflicts, and I was starting to try to write down lists on what shows I might be missing and need to catch on On Demand. I’ve only been playing with this app for about a week, and caught a few shows I would have been missing had I not kept the app updated.

It took a while to set it up, since I plugged in all my summer/spring/possible hiatus, etc shows into it. It was a bit tedious at first, cause I had to manually go in and mark each prior season as “watched.” Otherwise it will tell you your next unwatched episode is Season 1 Episode 1, LOL. That was especially tedious in long running shows, like Law & Order SVU, which is currently in its 15th season (and TAR and Survivor have a lot of seasons too). I think the first couple of shows I plugged in, I was going by each season and marking each individual episode as “watched.” Then I found where I could have it display each season, click a drop down menu, and click on “mark season as watched.”

As I set it up, I was able to clean up my DVR a bit, since the app also shows the status of the show, and I was able to erase a few cancelled shows from my DVR’s Favorites list. I’ve been able to figure out how to sync the info from one Kindle to the other (I inherited Mom’s Kindle, and keep it upstairs now for bedside stuff), by clicking on a feature that says, “refresh shows.” But I haven’t figured out how to have the same data I plugged into the Kindle to update on my phone (can’t find the “refresh shows" feature on it).

Anyway, I thought I’d clue you in on the app, since it is a handy little tool. If you go looking for it in your App store, the icon is a blue (or maybe teal) TV shape, with the letters TV on the tv screen.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Us viewers were put through the wringer tonight.

ONE little chuckle --

Diane, "That felt good."

David Lee, "It turned me on."

Gidget

07-28-2002

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
It's way out there but I think the coroner's report was very vague. Of course, he only had the body for a short time. But I could easily see a story line that Will's death was not an accident and may not have even come from the gun the kid was holding.
Only on TV have I ever seen officers of the court with no attention to their guns. Plus, they are usually on safety.