TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Ghost Hunting Shows: Archive through December 10, 2013 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes that's me too. I find the whole subject so fascinating, but nobody has proven to me its real.I watch a lot of the ghost hunting shows, and I find Ghostly Encounters to be the most entertaining. Psychics and mediums look pretty fake most of the time, but i have never seen one irl to see if there's anything behind it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Plus, I love a good scare. I have since I was little and our babysitter would let us stay up and watch "Night Gallery" reruns on tv. Horror movies are one of my fav pastimes. The paranormal and ghost kind, not the ax murderer kind. But I do watch them all....LOL

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It must be something you are born with as I loved this stuff as a child too. For me as a kid, it was the Twilight Zone that connected me to the otherworldly dark stuff! I was the only one in the family that liked watching! That fascination has never gone away. I love horror movies and books of this genre also--go figure, must be in the dna....

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 16, 2013 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Ghost Adventures" is back tonight with new eps. (Travel channel)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, August 16, 2013 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I dont think I can get that channel! I was looking up new shows coming this fall and there is some good rahter spooky fantasy ones.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 30, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whoa! I never thought I'd see the day! Zak from GA is getting a little pudgy. He is such a fitness freak that it was a little shocking to me.

I have a little extra myself, so I'm not holding it against him....LOL
I really just mean I am surprised it happened to him.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I noticed that too, Naja. I know he has respiratory problems and sometimes with that you have to take meds like prednisone which makes you gain weight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I snapped this picture today. I got a little startled at first when I went through my pictures and found it....LOL

It's just a reflection off a little 4 inch tall white antenna I have in the window in case cable ever goes out, and the dark parts making it look like a face are actually black lettering across the front of it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just wanted to add that I posted that photo because we see so many like it on our ghost hunting shows, and we know they are nothing, but they blow them up like they are the most incredible evidence of the paranormal ever documented :-)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I guess they have to work with whatever they can get as there dont seem to be many ghosts posing for them!
I love watching these shows, but really, they dont have much hard evidence. But they have so much equipment that you'd think there would be lots of stuff popping up.
Sometimes its all in the presentation and how the hosts tell the story. Iused to like this quirky little show about Hollywood ghosts--cannot remember the name--and they would try to hunt down James Dean, Jim Morrison or even CLark Gable! There was a man and a woman hosting.

Lobster

04-13-2001

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lobster a private message Print Post    
That's a really creepy antenna you've got there, Naja! I agree about them making a big deal out of nothing, which is why I like Fact or Faked. They really try to debunk this stuff.

Sometimes the EVP's we hear are really questionable as well. I remember an episode of Ghost Adventures when they were at one of the prisons. Zack had been on an upper floor trying to provoke the ghosts by yelling at them. A recorder a couple of floors down had supposedly caught an EVP of someone screaming. They had EVP "experts" confirm that it was a legitimate EVP. It was clearly Zack's yelling that was echoing thru an empty prison. Lost a little respect for the GA guys that night.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you guys catch the new show "Ghost Bait" on BIO? It was pretty spooky and fun except for the fact they have psychics. That totally turned me off.

There's no way I could put a potato sack on my head and sit alone in the dark in a basement!

I think the bed sheet moving was fake, but it was still fun and scary :-)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen this. What is the bait? Is that who wears a sack over their head?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yep, the sack person is the ghost bait. They have a weird theory that the fear coming from the scared person with the sack will attract the ghosts.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Oh that does sound intriguing. I probably cant get it way up here in great white north.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Surely you have the Biography channel in Canada? That would be horrible if you didn't. It's a great channel.

And DH would would reply "Don't call me Shirley"....LOL

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I do have the Biog channel, but I think it is the Canadian Bio Channel--there is a difference in a few ways. I haven't seen Ghost Bail listed on it either....

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Reminder

The original "Ghost Hunters" is back tonight with news eps. (SYFY) I guess technically is considered the second half of season 9.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jason and Steve from GH were on "The View" today. Whoopi interviewed them. I bet Steve loves getting to go on the talk shows now, because he didn't used to get to do them before Grant quit..

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It looks like none of our ghost shows are doing anything special for Halloween.

The closest thing is GA is having a 2 hour show instead of a 1 hour show on Halloween. It's not live.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
That is pretty sad. These shows are acting like Halloween is just another day because they deal with ghosts all year long.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Haunted Highway" starts season 2 tomorrow, Wednesday, Nov 27. SYFY.

That's the show with Jack Osbourne.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 09, 2013 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did anybody watch his week's ep of Jack Osbourne's Haunted highway? I think it's ep 2 of season 2. It was actually a little scary!

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I watched it and thought the same thing. Both locations had me on edge. I worried about them separating when Jack went off in the boat at night and his boat quit working along with his phone. No way, no how, would I have done that. There are gators in those parts of the woods and I would have been a lot more scared of them rather than any ghosts they might find.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The part that had me jump out of my seat was when that local person surprised them by rowing up there in the dark. My goodness, I almost peed. LOL