TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 24, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hannibal (NBC): Archive through March 24, 2014 users admin

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Yep!! My Bad!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 2 starts tonight.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I hope it's not a bad sign that they've put it on Fridays (Friday's are good for me but it seems the place shows traditionally go to die). This is such a great show, even though sometimes I have to hide behind my hands.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think it's bad news when they move you there mid season. But in this case I read that they purposely put it following Grimm hoping to get it more exposure.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well done NBC in that case! I wish they'd make Friday a regular night on all channels, Monday night and Wednesday night I have to record so many shows, then Friday there's (usually) just Grimm. They should spread shows around now everyone records, it's not like just because someone's out and about on Friday that they won't set a recording.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight was the best ep so far!

I giggled when the cops were standing there trying to figure out whom the legless dead guy was, and there was Lecter preparing a gourmet meal of a leg, with classical music playing in the background....LOL

I think we know Lecter's shrink will end up dead eventually, but I was relieved she escaped him for the time being.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
It just gets better and better! It's like watching a good movie once a week.

Chilton reminds me so much of Chilton from the movie.

They sure have some sick minded writers for this show. The color palette killer, oh my! Who thinks of this stuff?!!

The scene of Will and the tube in his throat was one of the hardest things for me to watch. And I couldn't really watch it fully. awful!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Watching Hannibal prepare the leg for cooking was so creepy and unsettling I shuddered....but the creepiest part was that when he plated that dish, it looked absolutely delicious!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think that's the first time they've very clearly shown that he does cook the body parts he takes. They've always strongly implied it before, but this time they even showed the butchering.

I always think about the sick minded writers too! You can imagine them brainstorming the sickest things they can think of. Makes me worry a little about them...

I think this is the last we'll see of Hannibal's shrink, and she was smart enough to disappear, finally realising who Hannibal was. I was glad she told Will she believed him, not that it did him much good except for emotionally.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wonder about the writers too and I wonder about me watching it as well.

I find the dinner scenes about as disturbing as it gets on TV. Similar to what Sanfran mentioned, I enjoy fine dining and it's disturbing how much his plates look like what you would find in any fine restaurant. Also the people he invites to dinner. Yuck.

Also the scene where the poor guy pried himself away from the other victims was gruesome. I felt so bad for him.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I think this is the last we'll see of Hannibal's shrink, and she was smart enough to disappear, finally realising who Hannibal was."

I agree she's probably gone from the show but for a different reason...the psychiatrist is played by Gillian Anderson (X-Files) who stars in a new NBC series called "Crisis" that premieres this coming Sunday, March 16.

http://www.nbc.com/crisis

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that too ;).

I watch parts of the show through my fingers, the tearing of skin was one of those moments but there are plenty more on this show!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
She may not be a regular in the future, but they can bring her back for a story arc. I can give you a huge list of stars that do 2 shows now. 2 shows that are hits. Being on one show doesn't stop actors anymore from doing another.

If Hannibal wants to find someone, he finds them. It's just going to depend on how they write it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
One thing about the gore....

It doesn't gross me out because it doesn't look real to me. For instance when they showed the guy pulling apart from the other bodies, I was sitting here checking out the make-up technique and wondering if they did it the same way they did something I had seen on Face-off.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I seldom analyze movies or shows that way. While I'm watching a show I generally don't try to figure out how they created it. I try to pretend it's real as that makes it more entertaining for me. I do enjoy hearing about how it was done after seeing it though.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Those cooking and dining scenes almost make me sick! FOr a man to be able to do that and yet put on a face of 'normality', makes him the scariest of monsters!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 12:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the thing that's funny for me is that while the actual bloody mess left after doesn't upset me to look at, I do have to turn my head sometimes during the violence. As soon as I sense a throat is about to be cut or someone is being chopped with an ax, I turn away. I can take looking at the aftermath, but violence itself gets me queasy and I turn my head most of the time in most shows. Even when DH watches boxing I have to leave the room.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Why don't they assign people to watch Dr.Lecter?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Just looking at him gives anyone a creepy vibe! Was that Lector killing the court bailiff and the judge, or is there another killer out there?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought it was Lecter but I'm not sure. If it is him he's doing it in a way that doesn't really help Will (because the victims were shot before they were tortured) which in itself is fascinating.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Lector wanted Will to take the blame for his own crimes. But now it seems that he is having second thoughts!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It seems like he wants to get enough reasonable doubt to save Will in the trial, but not enough certainty that it's not a copycat, so that the suspicion is still on Will and not him.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
On last night's show I realized that the actress playing Jack's dying wife is Gina Torres who played major roles in 2 of my favorite shows--Angel and Firefly She brings something special to every role!
Meanwhile it doesnt look good for Beverly who went exploring and found Dr. Lector.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm finally caught up.

What a sick man that Hannibal is. It took until the coin was on it's way down before I realized why he was flipping it in the first place.

I don't see how Bev makes it out alive. Why oh why wasn't she satisfied enough finding the kidney and leaving? jeez.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I love the way Will can take himself out of his cell and out into a river to fish, and think.
I never paid much attention to the Hannibal of the movies. He seemed too cartoonish and crazy. This one seems very real and in a postiopn of authority he moves unimpeded.