TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 07, 2014 users admin

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Did not like what Dennis did to Rita on Friday at the end of the show.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Dennis was down and out until Rita helped him. After Gloria gets tired of him, I wonder if he'll try worming his way back with Rita.

I agree Jasper, Peter is just a middle-aged lech. Yuk.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Oh my. I just finished catching up. I agree about Dennis and Gloria. And Todd is a another case.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just got back from a weeks holiday and had a marathon catch up. My goodness the goings on! Poor poor Rita. But what a good friend Norris is to her. I think he is carrying a torch for her but I want them to remain just friends. Good riddance to Gloria. I had such high hopes for her character when I heard the actress was joining but she was a total flop. Such a waste. And really Dennis was just background.

So Carla is staying for another week giving those two time to sneak around. Ick.

And what do you think, did Phelan slink away to die in a ditch? Or is he going to cause more trouble for Anna? Maybe threaten to go to the police if she doesn't sleep with him. He is a menacing character. I was afraid for her.

I like the scenes in the pub with Lloyd, Steve and the rest just hanging about bantering.

I'm trying to decide if Todd is being set up as the street baddie. Marcus Marcus Marcus, shaking head. Very sad you did this. Poor Marie can't find a fella that will stick around. He is sure to leave, this will weigh to heavily on in. I think at heart he is really a good guy. Todd has turned in to a very unlikeable guy. I wish they would bring Sarah Lou back. That could stir some stuff up. Especially with Eva and Jason.

Please please do not have Eileen get with tony. He is a scum bag. Also,please no Stella and dev. I thought she was leaving anyways? Why give dev hope?

That was a cute scene with Liz and Amy.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Well, Gary and Owen are really in it up to their eyebrows! Because stupid Gary couldnt keep his temper or his fists under control, now he and Owen are screwed out of any profit in this building project!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
If Owen let Gary go down for the assault, then Owen would have pots of money to hire a good barrister to appeal. With Gary a veteran with PTSD, he might just be sent to rehab or something.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes, they are not calm enough to think this thing out!
I really cannot imagine where this story is going and how Gary and Owen will end up.
I hear that we will be seeing Kevin and Ken on the show in the next couple of weeks!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
http://www.her.ie/entertainment/tv/dont-end-up-like-me-corrie-actor-appeals-to-fallen-co-star/

Am I reading this right Michael LeVell was suspended from the show again?

Good for Bruce Jones, I hope he does well.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I did hear that La Vell admitted to drug use during his time off as well drinking too much. We will see him on the show briefly and then he is off to some rehab!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
A little Corrie connection. I watch Vikings and Linus Roache plays King Egbert on it.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Barbara Knox who plays Rita was charged with drunk driving recently! It almost sounds like something you would see on the show--she demanded the police release her daughter who was charged with impaired, when the police suspected that she had been drinking too and had driven to the station.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-26786573

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lol that happened here recently. A mom went to pick up her son and got charged for impaired as well.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Hi Jasper, I saw King Egbert in Vikings lol got my Corrie fix, stopped here the other day and still did to like the sorry line(s)

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I think the actors are fed up with their characters doing all sorts while looking dumb, so in real life they drink to over come.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying watching "Becky" as Lady May on PBS Mr. Selfridge.

While Corrie tries to stay somewhat updated, they must be going through a series of 'young' writers and producers, which long time viewers don't like.

On one hand they all drink every day at the pub while in real life it gets them in trouble with the law.

How many of us could afford to drink and eat most of our meals out as they do?

If they fry up an egg that's considered cooking.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I like Becky as Lady May as well. I haven't watched ep one of season 2. I have it and Call the Midwife sitting and waiting!

Trini, I kept looking at him thinking hmm is that him? And I didn't see him in the credits so I had to look it up,and sure enough. Does Ragnar look insane sometimes? He gets this weird look in his eyes.

And yup, the story lines are sagging at the moment. Phelan seems like a cartoon bad guy. We need another Tony or Richard. Maddie, Tony the pregnancy storyline pls get rid, unless maybe Carla is pregnant and that is why they added it. I think they just tried to cover Allison King up last time. And what the hell is
Roy up to? I imagine he has some huge train layout he is building in his flat.

Speaking of flat that his how I am finding the story lines right now.

I'm watching Eastenders and I believe it is two years behind and boy is there lots happening there!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
OMG did you see today!? If it wasn't so incredibly hurtful the scene would have been comically. Heads popping up like gophers. Crikey Todd has turned into such a slimeball. I must say Audrey equating this with what happened with Sarah is a no go for me. It was totally different imo. Back then he was a sweet mixed up kid and he did not go looking to ruin anyone's life or relationship. In this instance it was deliberate and malicious. Eileen should have gone with what Jason said not Sean. There's the door Todd, don't let it smack in the ass. Especially since he threatened her, you'll never see me again, pfft.

And I called it about Roy. I just knew that was what he was doing. I used to have a hobby shop and you should see what some of these guys build!

Do you think Tim and Sally really love each other? Or is Tim afraid of losing his cushy set up? And could someone give Maddie a good wash, she always looks so grubby.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I'm just watching my PVR from yesterday. Yes I also think that this is different from the situation with Sarah. He was mixed up kid back then. He went to London and came back a malicious adult. I was hoping that Eileen would just say "goodbye".

I'm just getting to the part about Roy's train set. Good to have a hobby I guess!

I think that Tim is using Sally as a meal ticket and Sally is using Tim because she doesn't want to be alone. I have never been comfortable with the two of them together.

And I'm not sure at all about Maddie and Sophie. How do you think that they really feel about each other?

Missy890

05-24-2011

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure about the Maddie situation. I liked the storyline better when Sophie was with the blonde girlfriend Sian and they had the conflict with Sian's parents. Visually Maddie and Sophie don't look like a couple and neither did Sophie and Lloyd's daughter (can't remember her name).

Does anyone else find it unusually that there are a lot of gay characters for a street with only 13 houses and a pub?

I really miss Jim Macdonald, Mike Baldwin, Tony, Richard Hillman and does anyone remember that bad guy Jez?

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I remember the people in your last paragraph. They each had there unique characters.

I also like Sian and Sophie. I felt that the age difference between Sophie and Lloyd's daughter demonstrated a different maturity level. And I am not feeling Sophie and Maddie at this point.

I guess I hadn't really noticed the proportion of gay characters. Perhaps I have always assumed that there are many characters in the neighbourhood who we have never had reason to meet.

I'm interested to see what today's episode uncovers but it's getting late and I am going to save it for tomorrow.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ohh I saw him in something not long ago missy! He was a good baddie as well. All those goings on with Steve and Jim. I preferred Sian as well. Jenna and Sophie were like chalk and cheese, strange coupling. I guess they needed some way to introduce Lloyd's daughter. Maybe they could bring back Rita's foster daughters, jenny or Sharon.

I never really thought about it. But really two gay son/daughters seems about right and then there's the partners. Sean has been a fixture for a long time. So I hues they do add up!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think everyone welcoming Kevin back home was a lot deeper than just welcome back from Germany .

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I got that feeling too. It was so nice to see him again!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ok now Sally has had a personality transplant. Since when has miss judgement herself ever given someone a third chance. Really she steals Kevin's stuff and she lets maddie off the hook?! Huh

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 07, 2014 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It seems like we are not alone in our opinions of late on the storylines.

http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.ca/2014/03/is-coronation-street-taking-things-too.html