TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 26, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Have you guys with comcast/xfinity noticed how many more live channels they have added online?

Since I looked last, they have added USA, SYFY, NAT GEO and more.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/watch-live-tv/?cmpid=FCST_topnav_live

(waaay better quality than the non-legit places we aren't allowed to post here)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Heroes is returning in 2015! Highest ratings ever guaranteed!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
For awards show watchers like me... the 2014 Film Independent Spirit Awards will air on IFC tonight (3/1) at 10pm(eastern/Pacific) 9pm(central).

http://www.spiritawards.com/

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody is a big fan of HBO's "True Detective", I am pretty sure you will get a kick out of this parody from "The Soup"....LOL

Can Anyone Understand "True Detective?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHWLpJRlBYA

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Naja - That was great! Just last week, we were watching an episode for the 2nd time trying to figure out what was said because I kept thinking we're missing vital clues in not being able to understand them. It's so good to hear we aren't the only ones!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL Kappy! There have been many times I have had to rewind and watch again with the closed captioning turned on...LOL

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
That was funny I love True Detective, but closed captioning is a must.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. That is hilarious!!

I still need to get around to watching that show. I will make sure to turn on the closed captions.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am able to understand for the most part. I have rewinded a couple of times. Love that show and cannot wait to see the last episode this week!

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I am completely obsessed with True Detective!!!!! I even rewatched the first couple of episodes.
I also saw the Soup video, hilarious!!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Really enjoyed the premiere of the new Cosmos. First episode was a pretty basic overview but looking forward to where it's going. Glad it paid respect to Dr. Carl Sagan.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
That ending to True Detective had me so nervous!

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Me, too! Walking through those tunnels! I am just glad both guys made it!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I wonder if we were meant to assume the scarred killer had multiple personalities. He went from sounding like a hillbilly talking to the old man tied to the bed springs to speaking with his half sister/lover, Betty, in a posh British accent....and his voice in the tunnels sounded different from both.

Great show.....started slow but good and every week it just got better and better. I'm wondering if Matthew McConaughey will win an Emmy to go with his new oscar...he was amazing in this role!

I found an article letting us know this show will have a season 2 and that it's an anthology, so that means a different story altogether. (Like what American Horror Story does, I guess) I like that....I sort of think continuing this case by going after other family members would just be too much. It was an extremely intense show and I thought it had a great ending. Dragging it out would be a mistake, IMHO.

'True Detective': Everything We Know About Season 2 (And What To Watch Until Then)

<snip>

What We Know About Next Season

Despite the Internet's enthusiastic recommendations for #TrueDetectiveSeason2, Pizzolatto hasn't revealed all that much about what's next. Actually, HBO hasn't either. The network has yet to officially green light another entry in the anthology, but considering that the series raked in about 11 million viewers for the premium channel, it seems likely that they're just waiting on Pizzolatto's scripts and possibly for the principal casting to come together.

From what Pizzolatto has said about his second tale, the only elements sticking around from the story of Rust and Hart are strangeness and "bad men." The series creator told HitFix that the major lesson he learned from season one was not to "play the next one straight," and he summed up his next story by saying it's about "hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system." Sounds pretty different, huh?

<snip>

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1723908/true-detective-season-2.jhtml

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I searched for "King of Queens" and didn't find it. Hubby and I were watching old reruns and saw what turned out to be the pilot. Don't know how we missed it, but we must've not started watching the show right away, although it became a favorite. Anyway, Carrie had a sister in the pilot. I did not remember that. I always had the impression she was an only child. Looked it up on wikipedia, and it said there was never an explanation.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For Canadians - fans of the Outlander series, the show will be on Showcase this summer! I'm looking forward to this, I love the books.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I read one of the Outlander books a long while ago. I must say I am curious about the series. Thanks for the heads-up, Jasper. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Can anybody remember the name of that fake reality show where a bunch of people were dropped off in the woods of what I think was Siberia, and slowly they were being killed off?

The reason I ask is because I remember it being left off like there would be a season 2, but I haven't noticed any signs of it coming back, and I want to check, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. I scrolled through to the bottom of of the page looking at thread titles, but none of them rang a bell.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
HAHAHA! It hit me as soon as I hit send that maybe it was actually called Siberia. And sure enough, it was! LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was looking around, and so far I see no signs of us ever finding the outcome of the rest of the contestants and the whole thing :-(

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
According to Futon Critic, Siberia status is still "on hiatus or fate to be determined." So no official cancellation yet. But many shows just slip quietly away into extinction with that status.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whoami, it premiered on July 1st last summer. If it was coming back for summer again, you would think they would have said something by now?

I wonder if that silly reality show contest with the murder mysteries is coming back. As bad as that show was, for some reason I couldn't stop watching....LOL

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
naja, i didn't watch but you got me curious enough to check it out on wikipedia/official website. was surprised to see a photo of joyce giraud...she is currently on rh/beverly hills (reunion shows currently airing).

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL.... I am pretty sure that means it's not coming back :-)

Thanks for the info, Abby! :-)

And for my addition to the thread....

During the last episode of "Cougar Town", I really thought that wine glass on top of a wine bottle was a fake thing. But guess what? It's for real!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BCQ4D9A/..../

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Canadians- for all those fans of Bomb Girls, Bomb Girls Facing the Enemy is on Thursday night 8:00pm on Global. Glad they came thru on this.