TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 03, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through April 03, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some new shows starting in March:

Sirens on USA, Thu Mar 06 at 10pm (comedy, follows the ridiculous antics of three Chicago EMTs)

Cosmos on Fox, Sun Mar 09 at 9pm (hosted by renowned astrophysicist Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson. As with the legendary original series, the new COSMOS is the saga of how we discovered the laws of nature and found our coordinates in space and time)

Resurrection on ABC, Sun Mar 09 at 9pm (the people of Arcadia, Missouri are forever changed when their deceased loved ones suddenly start to reappear)

Believe on NBC, Mon Mar 10 at 10pm (usually Sundays at 9pm) (the powers of a young girl may determine the fate of our world)

Crisis on NBC, Sun Mar 16 at 10pm (It's field trip day for the students of Ballard High School, a place that educates the children of Washington, D.C.'s elite, top-of-their-industry CEOs, international diplomats, political power players and even the president's son. But when their bus is ambushed on a secluded rural road, the teenagers and their chaperones are taken, igniting a national crisis. Now with some of the country's most powerful parents at the mercy of one vengeful mastermind, the question arises: How far would you go and what would you become to ensure your child's safe return?}

The 100 on CW, Wed Mar 19 at 9pm (Ninety-seven years ago, nuclear Armageddon decimated planet Earth, destroying civilization. The only survivors were the 400 inhabitants of 12 international space stations that were in orbit at the time. Three generations have been born in space, the survivors now number 4,000, and resources are running out on their dying "Ark"}

Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge on Syfy, Tues Mar 25 at 10pm (like a Face Off for creature design)

Surviving Jack on Fox, Thu Mar 27 at 8.30pm (comedy based on best-selling author Justin Halpern's autobiographical book, "I Suck at Girls.")

Friends with Better Lives on CBS, Mon Mar 31 at 9pm (usually Mondays at 8.30pm) (romantic comedy about six friends at different stages in their lives - married, divorced, newly engaged and single - who are outwardly happy, but secretly questioning if their friends have it better)

And some of the bigger Spring/season premieres:

Bates Motel on A&E, Mon Mar 03 at 9pm
Once Upon A Time In Wonderland on ABC, Thu Mar 06 at 8pm
Suits on USA, Thu Mar 06 at 9pm
Once Upon A Time on ABC, Sun Mar 09 at 8pm
Revenge on ABC, Sun Mar 09 at 10pm
Dancing With The Stars on ABC, Mon Mar 17 at 8pm
Hart of Dixie on CW, Fri Mar 21 at 9pm
Hot in Cleveland on TVLand, Wed Mar 36 at 10pm

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is it a bad thing that I have just discovered my DVR only allows me to set 100 series passes... when trying to set the 101st? I don't watch too much tv, oh no no no no I don't

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 24, 2014 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm in the middle of watching Seth Meyers' premiere as host of Late Night on NBC.

I have to laugh at his first monologue. He did his monologue in the exact (and I mean EXACT) same tone of speaking as he did his SNL Weekend Update reports. If you closed your eyes, you could picture him saying the same things sitting at the SNL news desk....LOL

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same thing, Naja, exact same delivery with pauses and 'eyes to the side' looks. Plus, he was obviously reading it ALL from the prompter, same as he did on SNL. I think he'll have to change things up a bit as that could get very old, night after night. Once he sat down, he seemed a bit more "talk show" rather than SNL weekend update. I was also a bit shocked at how sparse his studio looked compared to the set-up Fallon got. Did you notice his Ikea-like desk, lol. Seemed a bit 'low rent'...more like Craig Ferguson's studio.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Watched the premiere of Remedy last night, enjoyed it more than not. Helps that I really adore Enrico Colantoni.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Love RuPaul Pamy. It's my guilty pleasure.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Rissa, hubby and I watched REMEDY and I loved it. It felt like St. Elsewhere in it's humour.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Mame, what did you think about the actress who played the mother? I tried looking her up on IMDB but couldn't find her. She was (IMO) the only acting weak link, she had crazy eyes and seemed a bit awkward and wired at the same time. Will see how she does in the next episode.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
She was weird, but her character is supposed to be an irresponsible drunk who cheated on her husband. What bothered me is that the 2 sisters look so much alike most of the time I had trouble telling them apart. Got it down to the fact that the doctor is taller with darker hair and earrings. Also, what irritated me is that the nurse's fiance is such an incompetent doofus, that I can't see why she'd go for him. Meanwhile, so far, my fave character is the hispanic orderly, who charmed the little girl.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The mother is played by an actress named Martha Burns. I thought she did pretty well.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0122789/reference

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I missed the part about her being a drunk... guess that makes a difference. LOL Will keep it in mind next episode.

I liked the orderly as well. I got the impression that he will turn out to have medical training but can't get a job in the USA. Got the impression that correcting the doctor was the writer's way of sneaking in that clue but it did make the doc look bad.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen this show mentioned and I only caught it because the pilot was online early.

It's called "Those Who Kill" and it started this week on Monday on A&E. It will be on Mondays @ 10:pm EST. They are re-airing the pilot Friday afternoon, Friday night & Saturday, so there are plenty of opportunities to still catch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2188931/

Those Who Kill

It was pretty good...thriller type. It stars Chloe Sevigny (sp?) who is a very good actress.

I feel like I posted this somewhere, but don't remember what thread. I just know a lot of you like these type shows, so don't want you to miss it.

I forgot about Remedy, Rissa. Glad you enjoyed it. I have go find it now. Canadian show, right?

Kitt, naw...not a bad thing. You can never watch too much TV...heh, heh.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought Remedy was a keeper and nope doesn't hurt to love Enrico Colantoni. Its a trifecta as I thought the orderly shined as well. The fiancé, I wouldn't let him put a bandaid on me.

For some reason every time I see the top of the page for shows coming soon and I see Sirens my mind leaps to the 90s show Nightingales. I have no idea why.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
New sci-fi show coming this summer...scheduled premiere on July 2, 2014

It looks good and has a great cast!

Extant (CBS)

Extant is an upcoming American science fiction drama television series that will air on CBS. It revolves around a female astronaut (Halle Berry[1]) who returns home to her family after a year in outer space. On August 7, 2013, CBS announced that it had placed a 13-episode straight-to-series order, bypassing the pilot stage.[4] Steven Spielberg will serve as an executive producer.[3][5] Production for the series began in Los Angeles on February 10 for a scheduled premiere on July 2, 2014.

Cast[edit]

Halle Berry as Molly Watts

Goran Višnjić as John Watts

Pierce Gagnon as Ethan Watts

Camryn Manheim as Sam Barton

Hiroyuki Sanada as Kinji Matsumo

Grace Gummer as Julie Gelineau

Michael O'Neill as Alvin Sparks

Annie Wersching as Femi Dodd

Sergio Harford as Marcus Dawkins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extant_(TV_series)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
All these big movie stars doing TV! I guess Stephen Spielberg pulls them in, plus the "cable envy" mentioned in another thread.

Hiroyuki Sanada is the guy from Helix btw.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Crisi starts tonight:

10 pm Crisis (NBC) | Series premiere: Gillian Anderson (Hannibal) and Dermot Mulroney (My Best Friend’s Wedding) star in this drama, which follows the ambush of a bus carrying the President of the United States’ son and other students from an elite D.C. high school.
http://tvline.com/2014/03/14/nbc-crisis-preview-gillian-anderson-dermot-mulroney/

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's a new show starting on HBO tonight
called Doll & Em.

Doll & Em is an engaging half-hour, six-part HBO comedy series created and starring real-life best friends Emily Mortimer (The Newsroom) and Dolly Wells (Some Girls) as (slightly) fictionalized versions of themselves. When “Doll”’s love life implodes in London, she tearfully calls her longtime best pal “Em,” a successful film actress making a new movie in Hollywood. Impulsively, Emily flies Dolly to LA to work as her personal assistant during the shoot. But instead of a healing, mutually beneficial arrangement, the reunion morphs into disaster, as Doll chafes under the demands of her “submissive” role, and Em comes to the realization that her best friend is not only inhibiting her acting, but might actually be plotting a competing career as an actress.

http://www.hbo.com/doll-and-em

and from what I understand, it has already aired in the UK during 2013.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ooops, almost forgot....

Whose Line is it Anyway? is back with new episodes starting this Friday on CW.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The 100 on CW starts tonight, looks a bit like that one where they went to the past to a world with dinosaurs... but minus the dinosaurs.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
On PBS out of NY Sunday March 30 Season 2 of Mr Selfridge and Sesason 3 of Call the Midwife. Season 2 of Bletchley Circle is supposed to start as well but I don't see it in the guide yet.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I watched the first two episodes of Crisis, while I was taping 2 other shows, a nice selection of actors but the story may become stale after a while if they keep searching for the kids too long, we have FBI involved and they're still searching? Get on with it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some new show starting in April:

Turn on AMC, Sun Apr 06 at 9pm (Based on the book "Washington's Spies," written by Alexander Rose, "Turn" is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer, Abe Woodhull, who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America's fight for independence.)

Silicon Valley on HBO, Sun Apr 06 at 10pm (Mike Judge brings his irreverent brand of humor to HBO in the new comedy series SILICON VALLEY. Partially inspired by Judge's own experiences as a Silicon Valley engineer in the late '80s)

Fargo on FX, Tue Apr 15 at 10pm (an adaptation of the classic Academy Award winning feature film of the same title, starring Billy Bob Thornton)

Bad Teacher on CBS, Thu Apr 25 at 9.31pm (based on the hit feature film)

Black Box on ABC, Thu Apr 25 at 10pm (Catherine Black is a world-famous neurologist at the state-of-the-art medical institution known as "The Cube." Catherine is brilliant, beautiful, and at the top of her game, though she's hiding a secret of her own: she's bipolar.)

And some of the bigger Spring/season premieres:

Unforgettable on CBS, Fri Apr 04 at 8pm
Continuum on Syfy, Fri Apr 04 at 10pm
Game of Thrones on HBO, Sun Apr 06 at 9pm
Veep on HBO, Sun Apr 06 at 10.30pm
Nurse Jackie on Showtime, Sun Apr 13 at 9pm
Californication on Showtime, Sun Apr 13 at 9.30pm
Mad Men on AMC, Sun Apr 13 at 10pm
Warehouse 13 on Syfy, Mon Apr 14 at 9pm
Orphan Black on BBCA, Sat Apr 19 at 9pm

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
WGNA is about to have its very first original scripted programming with a show called:

Salem

Coming to Haunt You

Premiering on Sunday, April 20, "Salem" explores the infamous witch trials, and delivers a bold new vision of 17th century Salem—and its witches.

Premieres: Sun, April 20 10/9c

http://wgnamerica.com/shows/salem

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
To add to the above, they are rerunning over and over and over a preview of the show called
"Salem: Witches are Real"

So if you're interested in the show, be sure to check out that 30 minute preview.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, April 03, 2014 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Canadians - Space Channel - Orphan Black returns Saturday April 14th and a truly scary looking show Salem debuts April 20th.