TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 12, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through January 12, 2014 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
HBO does the same with True Blood. After a season airs, they hold off on releasing the DVD set until just before the next season:

True Blood season 5 DVD Release Date: May 21, 2013

The season 6 True Blood premiere date: June 16, 3013

It has been like this every year since True Blood started. I'm thinking the release of the previous season must really hype the show for the season that's about to start. Or maybe the hype for the new season helps the DVD sales for the previous season....

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure what's going on. The norm is the dvds of the last season are released right before the new season starts. Thats how it is, how it has always been. Why is it all of a sudden a new thing?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Naja - agreed. Don't like the Red Witch.
Don't like Theon scenes in season 3 either.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The Theon scenes were the worst. It got to the point where I fast-forwarded through some of them.

I'd have to agree that after that I enjoyed the scenes with Red Woman and Stanis the least. Stanis is by nature kind of stolid and boring and the Red Woman is kind of creepy and disturbing.

All of that said, I still love the whole series!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree that the Red Woman is very disturbing. I don't think we're supposed to like her. She's kind of evil. And the scenes with Theon, both in the books and in the series, were very disturbing and uncomfortable. As nasty as Theon is, you really start to feel sorry for him. Nobody deserves that!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I do like Theon's sister. She is one tough woman!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
but the Red Woman is very important to the story! She is wise and proven correct more than once.

Jimmer, I really like Theon's sister too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Denecee, about the Red Woman. Doesn't mean I have to like her. She totally creeps me out!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 05, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I want to apologize for my very grumpy last post above. It's not a good excuse, but I really had a long terrible day and was acting out. I'm sorry.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Red Woman Priest lady is scary!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, no apology needed! I didn't think you were being grumpy, just expressing an opinion. It's all good!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I could do without the entire Stannis storyline.

Finished Season II. Joffrey is the most horrible little shit ever and I can't wait until he gets his. Tyrion is my guy. Greyjoy can eat a box of . . . nevermind. Brienne rocks - they could do a spinoff of just her dragging Jaime around the countryside and I would watch it. Love the little dinner-grilling dragon; made me squeal. I loved it even more when he grilled the warlock.

Waiting for Season III now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 11, 2013 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was thinking about season 3 and Sansa and Tyrion's wedding. I am actually hoping she learns to love him. At first I thought it would be weird, but now I think they could be a good match, as well as a good team, to keep each other safe and sane from the rest of their crazy Lannister kin.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Naja. I love Tyrion. He's the most kind-hearted of them all and would take good care of Sansa, if she'd just let him.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
I hate having to wait until March for the next season. The same with Downton abby. I am looking forward to the White Queen and Reign both starting soon. White Queen is this Saturday and Reign is in Oct.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought White Queen started last week? I have it on my DVR, but haven't watched it yet. The first episode aired on Friday last week. You can probably catch it in reruns, cause they re-show it a million times!

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Thanks Baby! Ohhhhhh you are right! I am going on vacation today and have it set to record on Sat. Will catch them both next week.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I watched the first season of Game of Thrones, and then didn't have HBO for the next two seasons. We just got it again, and I watched all three seasons on HBO Go. Wow! Even though I knew about the red wedding, I had forgotten about it and was shocked to see it. I love Daenerys, and I hope that Tyrion and Sansa fall in love. Jaime Lannister went from being one of my most hated characters to one of my favorites; then after he lost his hand and he was dirty with his hair in his face, every time I looked at him I saw Sawyer from Lost. I don't see a resemblance when he's cleaned up.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a good comparison, Merry. I can see that as well. He's far from perfect and has done some awful things but there's some good hiding in there as well.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
From the Facebook page

"BREAKING: Game of Thrones Season 4 premieres April 6 at 9PM and the first trailer will air this Sunday at 8:58PM ET on HBO before True Detective."

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
WooHoo 4 months to reread the books !

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
They did not show it on my HBO. Anyone have a link?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here it is Pippin:

The full season 4 trailer that aired tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZY43QSx3Fk

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome :-)