TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 31, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 31, 2014 users admin

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
^ this!

Yeah, it seemed like they took a peek and then ALL strolled in at once. Brilliant.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
On TD, the the executive producer, Scott Gimble, said the purpose of the flashbacks were "I think we just wanted to show Rick's whole story."

He also said (pp) the flashbacks showed the beginning of Rick's journey away from brutality. But that was a different world than where they are now.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think it was to complete the cycle of the season, particularly for Rick and Carl. Carl needed to regain his humanity and he has done, Rick needed to stop feeling bad about his necessary brutality and he has done. And both happened because they had those few months at the prison and Hershel reminded them they were still humans. I could have done without the flashbacks, but I thought they helped bracket(?) the season well.

That room with the candles and the messsges, "never again," "never trust," "we first, always," plus the names on the floor... I think the Sanctuary group were tying to justify their position because of how they'd been treated in the past. I wasn't sure if that meant they were a legitimate sanctuary originally but so many people attacked them they turned bad, or if they were bad always and just some of their people died along the way.

I realised why Tyrese, Carol and baby Judith are behind in the storyline, there's no way they could have had a baby in this part of the storyline, it just wouldn't have been logistically possible.

Chilling indeed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When everyone but Carl was ordered to go to the train car, and Carl was standing there alone right in the middle of the big lot, I got scared the snipers were going to riddle him with bullets. I think I held my breath the entire time until he made it to the train car.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Well, it looks like the question of whether or not there are cannibals at Terminus has been answered!

Did anyone else notice then when the group was being herded through Terminus by bullets, they ran past an area that was surrounded by a cyclone fence that had what looked like dirty, torn sheets hanging on it? Inside the fenced in area in the foreground (the fence was between the camera and the group running down an alley) was a bloody pile of bones and I saw human skulls and a lot of rib cages and spines in that pile. That shot only pasted a couple of seconds as they ran past it.

A friend of mine totally missed it, but my attention zoomed right in to that pile of "scraps". Eeeeewwww!!!!

The fact that every time we've seen Terminus we also saw Lt Yar grilling steaks was another nod to cannibalism....where were those steaks coming from? They were too big to be rabbit!

That weird room with all the candles came up very shortly after the group ran past the pile of bloody bones, so my first thought was that it was some kind of memorial for each individual that had been sacrificed (probably not willingly) and then been served up as the entree for the rest of them. They eat their own, but at least they honor them.

I was kind of hoping for a season ender that was very idyllic....where they were all happy and relaxed, sitting around while kids were playing...and then in the final few seconds maybe a hint of the hidden horror to come. I guess I know it can never be "idyllic"....but I wanted to see them relaxed and happy for a bit, even if it was just for a day or so before they had to go back to war.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
and he was walking so slowly when they told him he could walk! Faster, faster!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know how it was possible to miss the pile of freshly trimmed human carcasses. The tiny scraps of flesh still left on the bones were still a bright red, like they were very recent slaughters.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I realised why Tyrese, Carol and baby Judith are behind in the storyline, there's no way they could have had a baby in this part of the storyline, it just wouldn't have been logistically possible. "

Kitt, I was thinking that Tyrese, Carol, and Judith might already be there. Maybe they didn't do anything threatening, so they were able to actually join the Terminus group or something...and maybe they don't even realize what's going on yet.

One reason I thought that was because Rick looked down before entering the box car and saw a bag that was labeled "powdered milk". My first thought was that it was used to feed Judith.

I've been thinking that Tyrese & co could help Rick and the others escape but that would be next to impossible with a baby in tow. However, if they were already accepted at Terminus and were able to help Rick & co from the inside, they'd all have a better chance.

Great show!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I don't think tyrese and co are there yet - if only for san francs reasoning because the other group in the train car didnt do anything threatening at all.

I just think there has to be someone outside the terminus at this point to help tie up any escape plan. I think Carol is the one who will save Rick and may even lose her life in the end.

Oh heck idk- LOL Tonights episode was crazy except I was getting really annoyed with the loooong flashbacks taking up precious time in the 1 hour only show!

There is also the bag of guns Rick buried - which is going to help in there escape- bit Daryl's crossbow and Michonne sword- how they going to get those back LOL

And where is Beth?!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My timeline has a few holes in it but one thing we do know for sure is that Tyrese and Carol are a couple of days behind the other groups. Tyrese estimated they were three or four days away (presumably from the map, using their normal speed) before they reached the Grove, and then they spent a few days at the Grove. We can synch those days with Daryl's timeline because of the burning home, which means they left the Grove the day after Glenn&Co reached Terminus. I think next season we'll see some sort of battle at Terminus and either they will leave and bump into Carol and co on the way out, or Carol will come in and save them.

I'll post my timeline in the next couple of days, but it's now colour-coded and a bit scary looking so I need fresher eyes!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Another thing! Either those people were extremely POOR at shooting- LOL or it was only a scare tactic because someone should have at least been shot

And who's watch was that? The one Rick asked about?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lost, I think the whole point was for Rick and the gang be able to slip in easily, so they would mistakenly think Terminus people were pretty remedial with their defenses. Therefore letting their own guard down. I think they got in easily because the Terminus people let them.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lost, I think the whole point was for Rick and the gang be able to slip in easily, so they would mistakenly think Terminus people were pretty lacking with their defenses. Therefore letting their own guard down. I think they got in easily because the Terminus people let them.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think they mentioned that the shooters weren't trying to actually hit them but to corral them in the direction they wanted them to go - towards the train car.

Didn't the clock belong to Herschel? I thought Glenn was the last to take it.

Chellie67

07-11-2008

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chellie67 a private message Print Post    
It was the watch that Hershel gave Glenn back on the farm to let him know that he approved of Glenn and Maggie's relationship. They referenced it in the flashback when Hershel wakes Rick up and Rick asks what time it is. In the season opener (Season 2??) The watch was shown in the beginning credits of the show.

When they had their little reunion in the boxcar, I wanted them to hug or something!!

And what about Darryl's explanation telling Rick about Beth... "she was just gone". What??? Why didn't he say that she was taken?

I also wanted them to be happy, but then do something to let the audience know that everything isn't as it seems....oh well, now we wait....

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
And we have a loooooong wait till the next season :-(
Most TV shows end in April and may.

This show starts so late in season and ends early! With a long mid season break pfffft

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The route they were herded through inside the Terminus compact was a snare, just like the one Rick showed Carl. They had no choice but to follow it to the end and hook their heads in the noose.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah at least we found out why Michone had her 2 walker pets and who they were

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Another thing! Either those people were extremely POOR at shooting- LOL"

Lostfan, I thought they were deliberately herding them into the direction they wanted them to go...

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
ooh good point SanFranJoshFan!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
just like the trapping a rabbit lesson Rick taught

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If Daryl had told Rick how Beth was taken, or even just what he feared had happened, even if he wasn't sure if she'd gone willingly, then they might have been more wary entering Terminus.

I can think of two things that can happen to show us Beth was taken to Terminus. We see that big black car (was it an actual hearse?) there or we see someone reading her diary. I can't think of anything else that could identify Beth.

Even if they wrote the story so that the others just never found out what happened to Beth (which is probably most realistic) I think they'd let the viewers know in some way if she'd been eaten.

I think either the Terminus people took her but because she's basically harmless they have kept her alive, or she was taken by a completely different group of people. Either way I think we'll see her again later.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Back at the beginning of this half season Tyreese ran to a group of people who were being attacked on the rail tracks by walkers. Only one of them survived (who later turned and attacked Daryl and Beth) but he told them to follow the tracks, that a place at the end would be safe for children.

If he's from Terminus, which would seem like the only likely place at the end of the tracks, then that's a pretty scummy thing to do to the person who's just tried to save you and your friends. Was the man so desperate to get tender succulent kiddies to Terminus because they taste better, so he lied? Or did he mean the kids would be safe but the adults wouldn't?

And does that mean Carl and Beth might be safe at Terminus. I'm not sure how old Beth's meant to be, but I think she was definitely only 16/17 when we first met her at the farm, so she shouldn't be more than 18. (Actually I'm guessing she has to be 18 now, as they're hinting at some sort of relationship with Daryl, and I don't think he'd even consider it if she were under 18.) Is Carl 14ish?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
With sll that was going on as Rick and Co. dashed thru Terminus, I didnt see any bones--candles and a building where voices were calling for help, but no bones. The damn place was like a Roach Motel, so easy to stroll into, here's a plate of food, then bam! Wonder if the food was drugged and thats why it always offered? The guys who Rick and the group walked in on were trying to broadcast a message to the world for more stragglers to come in. They all looked so laid back and unafraid. No wonder with an army at the ready. When they walked thru those woods to get a look at Terminus and bury weapons, there didnt seem to be soul in sight. The shooters had a military look, I wonder if this is some kind of camp to experiment on people and find a cure for the Virus?
The one thing that comes up over and over on this show to me is even with monsters like zombies waiting to kill you at every turn, its the humans who are the real danger to each other--the Governor, that group Darryl was with and men like Darryl's brother.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 31, 2014 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Cablejockey, here's a shot from last night's episode:

humanbones
You can see part of one of the men in the group behind the fenced in area as he runs past. This scene showing the bones was just a couple of seconds long.

I think this was about the 50 minute mark, just before they entered a building and walked into the room full of candles.