TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 01, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: BBC TV Shows: Archive through February 01, 2014 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Color, they have ordered a second season and it should be in 2014.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
PBS had a showing about Mr. Selfridge's life and his department store. It was extremely interesting. I am happy to hear they have ordered another season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was just catching up on the latest ep of Graham Norton, and I have to tell all you UKers how lucky you are. Because when Elton John appears on our talk shows, he doesn't perform anymore. He only talks and acts somewhat like a jerk. It's like he thinks performing here anymore is beneath him.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I didn't go through all the threads. Can someone tell me what happen to the show called "death in paradise"? We were just starting to watch it and then it was gone.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Windowbox, yes, there was a documentary about Selfridge on PBS recently. I recorded it and just watched it yesterday. Very much had the look of Marshall Field's in Chicago. One of those interviewed was the author of a book on Selfridge. I downloaded the Kindle sample yesterday. Will read that soon. I was in London in the mid '70s. I know I went into Selfridges. Didn't know anything about it then.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Has any one heard if Ripper Street has been renewed?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Windowbox. I just copied your question and pasted into the Google search box and found the answer - yes, it was renewed for a season 2 this past January.

Google is your friend.:-)

LINK to google - "Has any one heard if Ripper Street has been renewed?"

----

ETA - I discovered awhile back that if I have a question and if I just ask that question in a google search box, the chances are that someone else has already asked the same question and the answer will come up in the results...

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sanfran! I will do a Google search for future reference! My DH and I love watching Ripper Street!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I've given up on Paradise. I hung on the first season, but I found this season to be really boring.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was totally wild seeing Joan and Jackie Collins on the same talk show together tonight! (Graham Norton)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It was a fun Norton show tonight.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Is Ripper Street a good show to watch? I missed the first season. I know I got involved in the show set in NYC last season and I had no trouble getting into it. Is there any place that I can catch up on Season One or read a synopsis of the season?

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Roteach, unfortunately I can't help you about finding a place to catch up on Season 1 as I simply do not know where you might find either example you listed. I have watched Ripper Street from the first episode on, and think it is a good show to watch. But then, I have a fondness for British drama.

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
Roteach - Ripper Street is very good. You might go the the BBC America website and see if they have episodes to view/download. It might even tell you when they will replay.

Was the show you watched set in NYC called "Copper"? Another very good one!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Oxies it was Copper. A good story and some VERY good looking lads!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Copper (now canceled) and Ripper Street had very similar production values and the sets seemed surprisingly similar even though Copper was set in NYC and Ripper Street is set in London.

A couple of times I got confused about characters because they were on the other show. I'd be watching Ripper Street and wonder what happened to McGuire (who was on Copper)...or I'd be watching Ripper Street and wonder what happened to Jackson (who was on Copper). Those two shows just looked very similar and had a similar tone and era and costumes, even though the stories were usually quite different....but they were usually a lot dirtier on Copper.

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
Roteach - I agree on the VERY good looking lads on Copper. I was partial to Francis McGuire, both the looks and the accent.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I just read that Ripper Street has been cancelled.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Bummer.

However, it was canceled after season 2 aired in the UK, but season 2 hasn't aired here in the US yet.

RIPPER STREET: SEASON 2
COMING FEBRUARY 22 AT 9/8C
http://www.bbcamerica.com/ripper-street/

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I could have sworn there had already been at least 2 seasons: one that was focused on Jack the Ripper and another with a variety of murderers.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Oh gee. As soon as I decide to start a show they cancel it. Maybe I won't start watching it then.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, you are right. I googled it last night and the BBC stated they had cancelled it and the date on the report was Dec 2013. Then tonight I saw the advertisement that Season 2 was starting Feb 22. Maybe if we all continue to watch they will see there is a following for it and they will renew for a Season 3. I love this show and will watch this season whether they renew or not. It is that good!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I've been watching Wallander via Amazon Instant, and I am loving it! It was recommended by someone, somewhere that since I like The Flame and the Citron movie, I would enjoy this series. It's only 3 episodes per "season," but each episode is an hour and a half. It's a detective show at its base, but Kenneth Brannaugh is Wallander, and the storylines are engrossing.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Did any one else watch Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond? I wasn't sure at first if I liked it or not, but by the second half I changed my mind. And my DH really enjoyed it. Knowing it is based on Ian Fleming's true life story makes it fascinating.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Windowbox, I don't get it until Monday but it is on our to-watch list.

Watched the premiere of 19-2 (Cdn)last night. In the long term it might be a bit too character driven for hubby but I really enjoyed it and dh DID say he enjoyed it enough for a couple more viewings.