TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 10, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 10, 2014 users admin

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper Sherlock on Global? or PBS

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
PBS. I just watched the first two seasons. I quite liked it. I like Martin Freeman.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
In case anyone else is interested - according to this, Stephen works for a Toronto based company. So maybe he works for the Montreal branch!
http://corrie.net/profiles/characters/reid_stephen.html

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
had a lol moment with Steve and Michelle in the pub and the exchange about her boobs and the bit of fluff.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Steve and Michelle really dont have much else going but their physical attraction. Even Michelle s starting to notice they dont talk or have fun like he and Andrea have.
So, a new producer since last April--that could explain some of these developments. For example, I dont like what I see happening with Dennis and Gloria.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I don't go for this Tina/Peter thing either.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Tina/Peter, Dennis/Rita, Rob/Tracy, Steve/Michele, Sally/Tim, Sophie/Maddie - not understanding any of these storylines.

I'm looking forward to the return of Kevin and Ken. Hope their returns are handled well. Hoping that their returns will start a trend back to the Corrie that I know and love.

I keep reading spoilers that bother me.
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Carla & Tina both pregnant and Peter trying to keep secrets.
Tina is murdered.
Phelan tries to seduce Anna and they end up meeting in a hotel.
All of the above feel strange to what I would expect from Corrie.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
if any of that is true all I can think is what has happened to Corrie?

I hate the Dennis thing. So ridiculous. Poor Rita can't find any companionship in her golden years.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I missed last night's show!! Are Dennis and Rita kaput?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
They made up and then Gloria had to be a pita again and Rita said enough is a enough, although she didn't give Dennis a chance to really say anything. Tina and Peter make me shudder. As does Todd. The stories are going down a bad road.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Loved the show Thursday and Emily watching Breaking Bad. She had to visit with a sick friend Walter White.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That was funny but so out of character for her to lie.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
The story lines are horrid. I hope they get the characters back on track soon. Peter and Tina make no sense at all, and the geriatric nonsense with Dennis is unreal, as is dopey Owen et al. falling for Phelan's cons again. Very disappointing.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
My oh my pity we cannot write the producers and let them know crappy and unpleasant CS has become. So is Tina still on the street. (If I tape it on Sunday I would be critical on Monday) I read the spoiler.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
yes Trini and you have to endure watching her and Peter play tonsil hockey for Valentines.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Why is Peter fooling around with Tina when he has Carla? Peter and Carla seem to have a decent marriage--no fighting or cruelty--yet Peter cannot control himself to try it on with Tina!!
Emily Bishop would not lie about seeing a sick friend! She almost died once on a babysitting job, but she kept on helping people. TPTB are trying to turn our most beloved characters into something they're not!
I hope Rita and Dennis get their relationship straightened out. Rita should have it out with Gloria.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yeah and it's just so sudden with peter, I didn't see any build up, just a sudden lunge so to speak.

Emily watching walter white was an oxymoron and a funny idea but yup the lying way out of character. I should look for UK forums and see what they said about the eps we are seeing. I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish. I'd love to see if the ratings have fallen a bit. But if the viewers are anything,like me they keep watching because we are sure it will turn around. Maybe daran little can come back and write a few eps, get them back on track.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I do wonder what Brits are saying about this show! They can't be very happy with the direction its taken in recent years!
Maybe having Ken and Kevin back will normalize things a bit.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I happened onto a Corrie forum a couple of weeks ago but I can't seem to find it again. People there seemed to be displeased with the current storylines.

Emily seemed very uncomfortable with her lie. So out of character for her.

How can Carla be so clueless about Peter. He has such a history of not being into monogamy.

Rita deserves so much better than Dennis.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Poor Rita, like most of the women on the Street, she does not find happiness in love very often. But I give her credit for trying! Meanwhile Gloria seems to feel she is entitled to ruin Dennis' marriage--just like Todd wants to break up Marcus and Maria.
Things are not looking good for Roy either. But I was not surprised that he took off. After losing Hayley, it would have seemed unlike him to go back to just running the Cafe like nothing happened.
How does Peter snag these women? They are bright ans sassy--take no crap off anyone--yet they are putty in this man's hands!!! He is not young, he's an alcoholic, and everyone knows he is a big cheater--so whats the big attraction?

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I have always failed to see the attraction to Peter. Like you say, he always manages to glom onto such bright and independent women. Although this has always been the case - can't blame that one on new writers!

But I do think that he is a good actor. Any time I hear anything about his personal life, he seems like the sort of person who I would relate to.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
More bad news for Michael Levell/Kevin. He's "taking a break" because of his cocaine news. Moan.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Oh dear. I hope Michael is able to get it together. It would be so nice to see him back on Corrie, healthy and whole.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I used to find Peter quite charming. Even when he was a bigamist. He had that wounded puppy feel that made you want to take care of him. Now I feel like he is some lecherous old man chasing Tina. It has a greasy feel to it.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Looks like
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Kevin
is back.