TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 07, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 07, 2014 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 14, 2013 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I swear if I ever have surgery again.. I just don't want angsty arguing surgeons or surgeons who are all worried about themselves and proving things.. operating on me.

My surgeon wanted to use the DaVinci robot and I guess he hadn't done too many surgeries with it, but guess what, he brought in his partner, who he had trained, who was younger (neither of them is that young) and HAD done a bunch of surgeries with that device/technique, so when it wasn't a good fit for me, the younger surgeon put a halt to it and they both went to laparascopy.

That is what I want, for me and everyone.. concentration on the patient.

I'm glad they are at least addressing that Christina's new boy toy is out of control.

So good to see The Chief (he will always be the chief to me, not Owen) step in, talk him down and take charge.

And I agree, just because Sandra Oh is leaving doesn't mean the situation has to become so hateful.

And it looks like Owen managed to snare Derrick..

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
I thought it was absurd that chief took that much time to speak slowly to him to convince him that he could take over . Then he raced thru operating on the man. Sometimes, drama trumps reality.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That happens too much on this show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On most shows, really.

But very true.. I wanted someone to immobilize the guy and move him AWAY from the table.

They really have some not so likeable interns this season (or whatever level they are).. Jo started out not being so likeable but is the best of the bunch now, IMO. And kind of perfect for Alex.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Frankly, this show has jumped the shark for me. The chief's miraculous recovery, Bailey's sudden onset OCD, the doctors buying the hospital, Christina and Meredith's nonsense feud, and Avery at the wedding? Really? I hope she has the sense to say "get out of my wedding."

I felt bad for the EMT, getting caught up with such a big bunch of dysfunctional doctors. Really.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm right there with you Karuuna. Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll keep watching, but won't have any hurt feelings if this is the final season. If it's not the final season for the entire cast, it probably will be for me. Time to move onto something else.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
SanFran.. there was a recall, or a bunch faulty replacement joints.. hip, I think.. possibly knee.. the ambulance chaser attorneys who advertise on late night TV solicit patients who had that particular device..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'll go down with the ship probably. I still enjoy the interactions between the characters. I still love how glamorous and gorgeous the doctors are - where are these people when I'm in the hospital? I stare these people when I'm in the hospital? I still love it when they explore the still-evolving relationships among the main characters. To me that's life - relationships change, the nature of friendships change - it is how we react to the changes that determines whether we move forward or leave friendships.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo have signed contracts for an additional 2 years, providing the show is renewed.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/pompeo-dempsey-sign-deals-stay-grey-anatomy-article-1.1589569

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 24, 2014 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
YAY! At least two more years of GA.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 24, 2014 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Not necessarily. The story says they'll stay on if the show is renewed. Now granted, it will probably be renewed, but there's never a guarantee.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Greys is back tonight with a new show. Anxious to see the fall out from the wedding.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Saw a commercial that said starting tonight Grey's will be on for 12 straight weeks with all new episodes, no reruns. Remember when all tv seasons ran uninterrupted? Those were the good old days.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
I'm so lost with tonight's episode...

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm not so much lost, but there was a lot going on for one episode. And a lot of it was annoying. Cali/AZ bought a house three weeks after essentially breaking up? Ok. Mer/Der are fighting because the President wants him? Ok. Jo didn't hear a proposal by the barn when everyone else did? Ok. Bailey's OCD is all her husband's fault and now she needs to baby him? Ok. Hunt is mean to an intern? Yeah, well, the guy's a tool. There's a lawsuit against the hospital and they can't say who it's against? Ok.

I'm going out on a limb with total and complete speculation that it is NOT Jackson who is at the center of the lawsuit. I think Shonda's throwing a twist into play and it's actually that Intern that slept with Arizona. She's the one that suggested it in the first place. Gawd, I hope so. I'd rather see Arizona run through the wringer than Jackson. Just my personal opinion.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
From what I gather from the policies that we prepare here at work, as long as it is in the "in-house" phase - i.e., outside lawyers are not involved - a person making a claim against an employer's name is kept confidential as long as possible to keep them from being harrassed by their employers (and judging from the way Hunt is acting them I don't really blame them - yes the kid was a tool but Hunt s also behaving poorly). If and when it becomes a larger issue (the complaint) and outside counsel is involved and filings are made then of course it becomes part of public record.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Poor Alex, he just can't win... He has to sit with his estranged father to appease him while he's dying because the 2nd wife doesn't want anything to do with him. Then, it appears that he and Jo probably will not get together because of the lawsuit.

Loved the Avery/April storyline last night... I was so happy that they actually got married at the end... just to put us out of our future misery of will they or won't they. They looked so happy at the end... and why does Avery know that it takes 13 hours to get to Lake Tahoe, was he married before? I live in Portland and I think it actually takes longer than 13 hours from here to Lake Tahoe.

I think that Hunt was hard on Shane because he knew that Shane was sleeping with Christina.

The Arizona / Calley house story line... stupid, stupid, stupid.

And, can Patrick Dempsey get any better looking than he did last night? Oh my !

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Not only that, but Alex's father professed his love for his 2nd wife and is 2nd son but not for Alex. So sad.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yep, and that's what he was sitting there waiting for. Or even a "Thank you" or "I'm sorry." There were no words of affection to Alex at all. It was all about the ex and that stupid guitar.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 28, 2014 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just wanted to hug Alex.... like Meredith did after he beat the crap out of Shane. Even though his dad wasn't there for him growing up, he wanted some acknowledgement that his dad had some feelings for him. Shane took that away.

When he was telling his dad that it was okay to go, I was in tears.... did that twice for both mom and dad. It's really hard to do.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm just glad it is back but there were people I wanted to slap around.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Owen, Owen, Owen.... don't you know that Christina was just lonely. She doesn't want to get back together with you. The other doctor, that you asked to move in with you, wants everything that you want in a marriage. Can't you see that?

Loving Alex more and more after his blow up to the hospital board. Too bad his girlfriend is in trouble now. But, his character is the most interesting one to me now.

Love Avery / April.... they are so cute together. I want them to have many adorable babies.

Arizona / Callie.... hate this story line, it's so stupid. Hate the one intern that slept with Arizona and then reported harrassment to the board. It looks like, from the previews, the cat will be out of the bag because Callie will find out who Arizona had the fling with.

According to EW.com, Isaiah Washington will be back for an episode before Christina leaves.

Meredith... annoys me. She's kind of selfish. Her husband is tagged for this huge project and she's all "me, me, me".

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, are you in my head?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just peeking out from behind your hair to say Hi!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Christina knows who Arizona had the fling with.

Derek had told Meredith that he was going to cut back his hours and take care of the kids and allow her to grow her career, but then he gets the great offer and doesn't do it. Unfortunately it is a catch-22. There is nothing fair about it. But it is unfair because he had made her a promise and now he isn't keeping it. Why is it the woman who always has to make the sacrifices when it comes to the children?

Now is the doctor that Owen was sleeping with (the nice one...LOL) going to sue him for sexual harrassment? Nice that Owen couldn't even keep to his own policy! In either case! I actually think Christina still has deep feelings for Owen. I feel like that will be the ultimate reason for her leaving at the end of the season. She can't live with him but she also knows as long as the two of them are near one another that the sexual chemistry they share will continue to cause problems for them both (mostly for him). Funny that he now realizes he wants exactly what he had but thought he didn't want in the past.