TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Middle: Archive through April 04, 2013 users admin

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Aww...Mike's kitty cat(s) and Sue's leap day birthday.

Last week's epi with the kids driving around while Brick recaps Of Mice and Men for Axl was terrific too.

This has become my favorite comedy this season (not counting Ray Romano's dreadful guest shot in the season premiere). So far the roof episode was the best this year, imho.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Aww...Mike's kitty cat(s)

My thoughts exactly!

Great episode. I really like this show a lot and always look forward to it.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I like this show too. It's quirky and fun.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't miss it for anything. I usually tape it. Love all the characters.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just love the humor and then I love at the end how it all falls into place and you know how much love is in the family. It always touches home with me.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
One of the things I love most about this show is Sue's optomism. No matter what happens, she finds the positive. Patchwork birthday cake, just what she wanted, lol.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I liked the season premiere (though there was too much yelling again, lol). I think this show has become smarter, funnier, and more honestly touching than Modern Family.

Missed this week's show though.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I prefer this to Modern Family, even though I like MF a lot and think it's a better and funnier show. The Middle is more appealing to me though. Maybe some of it has to do with the narration. I don't really know though.

Sue is just great! So funny how she was trying to get negative attention.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wish they had Emmy actors like the daytime Emmys do. "Sue" deserves a nom!

Alliet

07-11-2005

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
I like this show too. It just seems more 'real' to many families than a lot of other shows that try too hard.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I meant to say I wish they had Emmys specifically for "younger" actors like the daytime Emmys do.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I love Sue too!

Loremma

04-25-2004

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
This show rings true to me as well. I love their use of duct tape.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
The Christmas episode was great! The part about Mike realizing Brick is Axl's weird brother was a nice touch.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Calamity, it really was.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Monday, December 17, 2012 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
I love how they wrap up each show. The endings always show how much of a loving family they really are.

Bluedenim

08-09-2007

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluedenim a private message Print Post    
I just caught the Smile episode and I loved the way Sue wrapped the episode and made her teacher smile with her determination and eternal optimism. Excellent Episode. A good pick me up for a rainy, dreary day in GA.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I love this show! Tonight's Valentine's Day show was great. I loved how Brick threw away Frankie's card at the end.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love Sue's new boyfriend. She deserves a hunk for a change.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Love this show too. Funny how Sue and that guy were kissing over the trash can. Also,it takes alot to get me to laugh out loud,but Brick throwing his mothers card in the trash was too funny.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I agree, this was a great episode. I think it was probably my favorite one ever.

So happy that Sue's eternal optimism was finally rewarded. I love her character.

I also liked that Mike and Frankie's relationship was not based on having to actually give a gift or say the words to affirm it.
Mike's taking the Christmas tree out to to the curb as the gift was hilarious.

I liked the reaction of Mike's employees. It's kind of amazing how much a small, but encouraging remark can make to people. Always love the sign behind Mike's desk - days without an accident - 2 1/2.

The neighbor's garage organization was amazing:-)

And Brick throwing away the card was the perfect ending.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
I agree with the comment about this show and Modern Family. While I just love Modern Family and record them all, I always end up watching this one first. It's just hilarious and also touching. All of the characters were cast perfectly.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
SUE HECHT WINS!

Love it and love her.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching. Yay Sue! Great episode and I enjoyed the interaction between Sue and Mike.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Me too Lawri! This is one of my favorite sitcoms.